April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Quickliner for eyes- smoky brown

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Livn2large

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this Quickliner for Eyes in Smoky Brown because the lighter brown color would give me the definition I wanted for my eyes without going too dark. Well, over time I've come to realize that I really wanted a darker chocolate color, so in that respect I'm disappointed. Smoky Brown really is a dark taupe. As for the Quickliner formula, I like that I don't have to sharpen this pencil and I like that I don't have to mess around with an eyeliner brush. I like that this liner doesn't irritate my eyes (ocular rosacea) in the slightest. That having been said, I'm not thrilled with the application of this product as these are not creamy enough to give me a smooth line. I think what I like best about this product is the sponge "eraser" tip on the other end. That's not enough about this product to get me to repurchase. With time, I find that the pencil starts to crumble a little upon application. Quickliner for Eyes is better than average, but not stellar.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by francescacaca

i only bought this because i had my makeup done at a clinique counter but i'm so glad that i did. it's a lovely dark browny grey and gives a really natural "dark eye" look to my hazel eyes. it retails at 11 for 3g of product, which comes in a twist up plastic tubing so you don't waist any product sharpening. it also has a smudger at one end which is always a bonus. it's a nice consistency and applies easily to skin. overall, i'd say i'm really happy with this, i've always worn black eyeliner but this is great for a change.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'd given up on eyeliner. I have small eyes. But this product and this color brought me back. It's easy to apply yet stays on all day. The color is unique: more taupe than brown and it works beautifully with the No Show Taupe or Perfectly Neutral shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Novalie

I'm on my second as I use it very often. Smokey brown is rather a greyish taupe than brown. I ffnd the colour unique and somehow "soft* which is important to me as darker colours may be to harsh for me. Very good qualitiy, stays quite long and the price is okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by osmosis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product this will be a staple in my makeup collection forever. Its colour is beautiful, I love the smokiness and I've found it to be a kind of greyish/purple, very flattering. It's very easy to smudge and create a soft look around your eyes. However, it smudges off very easily if your skin is very moisturised or oily so doesn't have the ideal staying power. But this isn't a big issue, just apply light powder to the areas around your eye to make sure it doesn't transfer. Also, I love the smudger at the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by calypso_nymph

I've never used eyeliner in my life, and this was the first one that I bought because I wanted something to highlight my eyes and I could never figure out how to blend eyeshadows etc. Since I've never used eyeliner, I bought this after reading about how easy it is to apply. And it truly is! This glided on smoothly, and I use the smudge tip to get rid of mistakes. You'd have to draw a number of times to get a thicker and "smokier" look, but the color stayed very well without the need to reapply. The color also lives up to its name - it's a true, smoky brown which gives a nice subtle effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fabulous neutral smoky brown shade that should be flattering on many skin tones. Having skin that is neutral with a cool lean, I have a hard time finding browns that don't give me that "lab rat" eye effect due to the red/orange in them, but this one does not. The texture is pretty nice, overall, and, because it is an automatic pencil, it does not need sharpened.

There are four downsides to this pencil, but none are "deal breakers" for me. First, because it has a smudging sponge on the other end from the pencil (and a long cap over that), it is quite long and is difficult to fit into a small makeup case. Second, while the texture is pretty good, it doesn't always apply evenly or in a sharp line, so it is going to be best for more smudgy looks. Third, the automatic nature of the pencil means no pointy tip and wings/inner corners are a little bit of a challenge. If you try to put the pencil over on its side to get more of an edge, the plastic rubs the eye and wipes off some of your line. Finally, once you wind some of the color out, you cannot wind it back in, so you have to be very careful as you advance it to not bring too much past the tip or you will have breakage.

While it does have these issues, I have not found another brown that is as neutral and soft on the lids as this. If UD came out with a vegan neutral brown 24/7, I would switch quickly, but this works fine until then. If you like automatic pencils, then most of the downsides won't be problems for you and it may just be neutral brown perfection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had this eyeliner for ages now! I decided to write a review on it after I used it this morning.

I remember when I bought this I was so disappointed the first time I used it, i needed a dark liner, this was way too light, I bought black/brown and that solved that problem. But now I use this one and it's beautiful.

This colour can be smudged all the way around your eyes to create a very sultry smokey look, if you want dark defined eyes then smudge this all around eyes in a thick line then line with a black liner over the top with a thinner line, I do that every day and it looks gorgeous!! This is perfect for neutral mu too.

The other thing this pencil is good for is filling in brows, obviously be VERY light handed but for my sparse brows it's excellent for putting some long lasting colour in where it's needed.

It DOES smudge but what pencil doesn't?? For a pencil it's VERY long lasting and provides excellent staying power for me so I have no issues there, it helps to set it lightly with powder and give the wax a while to harden before you blink.

I recommend this to everyone! the packaging is ok, I love that you can see how much is left, and have a smudger, those darned lids just love to crack though which is annoying. Price is reasonable for how long this lasts.

I definitely recommend this excellent liner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

This color is exceptional if you're one of those people who don't like traditional brown pencil eyeliners. I'm cool toned and I chose this cause the usual browns don't look good on me, I feel like they show yellowish/redish on me. This one is an amazing shade, a crossover between brown and grey that looks really good on brown and blue eyes too. The texture is smooth, not too creamy so it's manageable. It smudges well but, if you're good at applying eyeliner, you can get a clean line too (I know I get). I've been using it for years and I have since found much cheaper pencil liners that have really good colors and amazing textures but I'll rebuy it if I don't find a cheaper dupe of the color

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2008 3:29:00 AM More reviews by estella2703

I used this colour but it seemed too dull for my hazel eyes, something shimmery is surely better..