December 19, 2014 | 1245 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Little Black Dress

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2004 10:26:00 AM More reviews by rnornan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I think the ad for this would be, "give her something this season that smells like everything else." I'm not a perfume snob, as someone before stated...I mean I love when I find Coriandre for 10 bucks at TJ Maxx, but this smells like a mix of Happy, L'or de Torrente, Gabriela Sabatini. I want this little black dress to get some backbone! Course, I never wear LBDs either, b/c they're just like what everyone else wears...hm. So keep that in mind when you read this. This to me smells like a lot of other youthful fruity floral fragrances on the market and whether it was Guerlain or not, I'd still rate it the same. Uninteresting unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2004 4:56:00 PM More reviews by PaintedSophisticate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this perfume, but its so strong that I hardly ever wear it. My boyfriend likes it but my mom gets a headache when I wear it. I only wear it at night during the winter. I liked the handbag that came with it, which I use on a regular basis.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Tanjas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the most beautiful fragrances. So warm but not too sweet and so feminine and sophisticated.
But I can't stop wondering, if the reviewers, who gave this a bad rating, would give it a higher one if it was Guerlain's fragrance instead of Avon's... :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2004 8:41:00 AM More reviews by hallhouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great scent for the fall/winter. I always get compliments when I wear this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Clearing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Someone said Avon's Little Black Dress smells a lot like Vera Wang, only not as complex. I do think I pick up on the similarity, but Avon is just not that good (and I only have a memory of VW...not a sample or bottle). The Little Black Dress bottle is a fine work of art however. LOVE the bottle! ~but the eau de parfum itself is not my favorite of the Little Black Dress products. It's both too weak and well, "Avonish" . This comes in a bath gel that's really light that I like a lot and also a lotion that I find superior to the edp. For the price and the classy containers this is a *nicer* Avon fragrance. I generally can't wear Avon scents and don't appreciate them, but this one seems quite a bit better. I would buy the lotion and bath gel again and keep the perfume bottle only as a pretty display. Someday I'll test Vera Wang again and see if there really is a fair comparison.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 12:15:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Believe it or not, I've had many compliments each and everytime I wear this. It's all a body chemistry thing. Avon I see is discontinuing this line. They always do that to everything I like. This on me turns to notes of warm spice & apricot with undertones of sandalwood. Delicious! Yes, you may have to reapply during the day (I do once during an 8 hr period), but for $9-$14 you can use without feeling guilty. It's not like it will break the bank!!! This also smells like an expensive perfume on the skin. Very nice indeed!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2004 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Raches82

Very attention grabbing. I wear this one more when I dress up and everytime I do, I get compliments. It smells like a more expensive fragrance than it really is. I sell AVON and when people ask me what it is I am wearing I tell them and they don't believe me. I keep a lot of samples of this one on hand. It does smell different on certain people, though. A friend bought it and it didn't smell the same as it did on me. But, I guess that'll happen with any perfume.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2003 12:14:00 AM More reviews by puckerup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I want to start by saying I am not a fan of Avon perfumes. They do not last on me. However, a friend was wearing this stuff and it smelled lovely. When she told me she was wearing Little Black Dress by Avon I couldn't believe it. Well, I found an Avon lady and ordered it. It was on sale for $12.99. The smell is ok, but like other said it does not last on me. It is not my type of scent. Nothing stands out about the scent. Maybe kind of ho-hum. Could be my chemistry. Not a perfume snob but I will not buy again. Probably will not buy any other Avon perfumes no matter how good they smell. Think I may have learned a lesson. Probably not.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2003 10:39:00 AM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Little Black Dress is a very boring, artificial floral-musky scent that I can barely smell at all on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2003 8:19:00 PM More reviews by effiebug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in the purse size to try. I'm glad I didn't get the full size. It's a nice pleasant floral, without any distinguishing characteristics. I find that it also fades quite quickly on me. I'm sure it's lovely on others, it just isn't the scent for me. I'll use up what I have, other than that, I won't be re-purchasing this.