November 22, 2014 | 1551 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Medium Coverage Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by trisha0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my mom used to sell marykay so its the only reason i had this lying around. so glad i didnt waste my money on it. This is my least favorite foundation i have tried. I have the color beige 404 and it is so orange. It is lightweight and blendable, but if you touch your face the color comea off! even if i set it with a powder. It didnt help my oily skin at all, def will never use this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by tamerella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my favorite foundation, but it really leaves my skin looking dull. I would say the coverage is what it says "medium" I could still see my acne scars through this as well. My shade was beige 402 which is great with my yellow undertones. This isn't an awful foundation, it just wasn't for me. The finish was just too dull and flat and just looked mask like to me. One great thing is that it never broke me out.:-)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by alldaygirl

My everyday foundation for winter. Ivory 200 is just the right light/yellow tone for me, but just as soon as I get a little color the shade up is so orange it's gross & blending the 2 never works. It seperates for some reason. It could be a good match if you can find the right shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by sgpayne1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation. It is just enough coverage to give you a flawless complexion, but not so much that it feels heavy. The color matched my complexion great as well. I find it wonderful on the dry areas of my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

I really love this foundation. There are not really any cons in my opinion, however if this were full coverage it would definitely be my HG (it is buildable though). Also it has to be ordered somehow like through MK (or ebay) and it is not the cheapest (but very reasonable), so those might be issues for some. My skin is combination, acne prone, and I have tons of hyper pigmentation. So this doesn't completely cover imperfections like Revlon CS, but it does not break me out and does not look cakey. It is perfect for everyday use like school and errands (at least for me). I am about NC 25 and I use Ivory 200.
The back of the tube says: Normal to Oily Skin. Suitable for sensitive skin. Oil-Free. Non-Comedogenic. Dermatologist-tested. Smooth on foundation for a flawless finish. Helps control excess oil.
I feel that these claims are true. If I wear just a powder or non-oil control foundation I will get oily. I have been using this for about 3 weeks now but today in a hurry I did not put much on my forehead and around 8 hours later my face looked really good and not oily, but my forehead was oily. This is what pushed me to write the review. It looks good applied with fingers or a brush but I felt a damp sponge sheered it out too much. I say if you have access to it or have been thinking about buying it, go for it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

I went to a Mary Kay party and tried this as part of my "makeover". My friend said my skin looked beautiful and I agreed. All my acne spots were covered! After we left there, I wore the makeup all day. Unfortunately, when I went to wash my face that night I had two whiteheads on my cheek. For that reason I will not purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by dzehnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation but it just doesn't work for my skin. I'm very oily and I find that within a few hours of wear, my face is extremely oily even with my smashbox photofinish primer in light underneath. it also transfers a lot! And I ALWAYS set my foundation with powder. I've tried it with diff types n brands of powder but the result is still d same. But I love the coverage it gives. As a makeup artist, I use it often on clients and they r always pleased with the result. I think it would work better on dry skin

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by jossythebossy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for a long time, and I've loved it. but lately I've started to analyze it more seriously and this is what I've come up with. I have pretty dry skin, and I've noticed that it even though it's nice when you first put it on, as the day goes on my skin starts to look dry again. and it doesn't look very good when I try to touch it up again. I've spent a lot of time trying to moisturize my skin, and I finally feel as if it is moisturized enough, but it seems that this product will still make it look dry later on in the day. Maybe it would not have this effect if I found some kind of good primer. however, I do think that it works wonderfully with oily skin. (as I have experimented with my sister who has oily skin.)

Overall I really like Mary Kay. I do like this foundation, and I will probably always use it as a back up foundation. but I am going to start to do more experimenting with other foundations to see if I can find something better to fit my dryer skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by KP1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried this in Beige 305 and Bronze 500. But the perfect match is Beige 400. It's the perfect match to my tanned Asian skin with yellow undertone. Beige 400 matches almost perfectly; wish it had a little bit more yellow. Overall, this is my go to foundation, I have used 3 tubes now in Beige 400.

Pros
- easy to blend
- lots of color choices; Beige 400 fits me perfect
- natural finish

Cons
- I wish it had more of a yellow undertone. All the colors I've tried seem to be cool undertone.

In the end, when all else fails I always come back to this. If it had more yellow in it, it would be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by alelovesdaisies

This is my go to foundation when I run out of my usual foundation.

Pros:
Looks Natural
Perfect for Oily Skin
Doesn't Break You Out

Cons:
A Little too Pink for Me
Thicker Kind of Liquid (Hard to put)