Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds Gloss [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 3/22/2004 5:28:00 AM

Like this, but prefer just Wet Shine. It's soooo nice, and at a great price, too!

This is a fairly good product. Has a very nice shimmer and is shiny. My only prob was the color that I picked out, which was Spoiled in Rubies. A little to fushia for my dark skin tone. I would buy this product again but just in a different color.

on 11/8/2003 10:08:00 PM

Its a really good product! Though it doesn't stay that long on your lips, it does actually work like it was in the adds. I am from Australia and I can't wait until the Gem series of Wet Shine diamonds comes out because we only just got the gold edition here and i love to keep my lip sparkling all night long

on 7/10/2003 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to have a lot of these, but I've given most of them away. The packaging is cute and so are colors, but I could not stand the glitter; it was too obvious. After an hour, the glitter crept to my chin or other parts of my face. I do not have that problem with her shimmery glosses, like Loreal or Revlon. The ones I do have left are pink diamonds, lumious lilac, and sparking sand. Why doesn't Maybelline come out with just Wet shine glosses, without the diamonds? The texture was too thin too.

on 7/7/2003 1:56:00 AM

Love this lipgloss. It goes over any color that needs some oomph and the glitter isn't uncomfortable when worn alone. I also have the the sparkling sand. But they are pretty much the same.

on 5/1/2003 4:08:00 AM

Well, this was rather a big disappointment. After hankering for these to arrive in Australia for months, I finally picked some up from the local drugstore this afternoon.
First of all the colors are pretty boring, and some were unwearably tacky. More importantly, the texture is awful. It feels gritty- not the grit of individual glitter particles, but more like the general sandy effect. Not good. And it wasn't even that shiny- nowhere near as shiny as my other lipglosses. Just a blah product.

continued >>

on 3/12/2003 7:56:00 AM

Got this in Clear Cut Diamond.
Color: Hot Pink - Just joshin it's clear
Texture: Thin, smoothe
Lasting Power: Lacking
Scent: None

I dont like this one as much as the others I've tried (rhinestone pink & mauvey rock) this one doesnt glide on as nice or look glossy. It seems there's hardly any gloss on the wand. And if I'm wearing a lippy the wand pulls it off. I have to blot this on. I dont think I'll buy it again.

on 2/28/2003 3:49:00 AM

I was searching for it once i saw it in a magazine! finally found it and was willing to pay $7 for it!!! what a lipgloss freak i am... lolz~ the lipgloss gives off nice shine and glossy texture, but yet it's not too thick or sticky~ it last pretty long too! i just LOVE IT!! will def. repurchase again and will try other colors!

on 2/10/2003 2:10:00 AM

This is one of the best low-end lipglosses! They go on fairly sheer but with a pop of color, and the holographic glitter in them is AWESOME, plus it isn't gritty on the lips at all. Average staying power, but these look sooo pretty on the lips. My fave is Mauvey Rock so far :)

These are too thin and the glitter stiks on my lips, so I didn't really enjoy these.

Popular Lip Glosses