April 16, 2014 | 1433 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by jamiewry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner. Been using it for years! This is my go to eyeliner. I have oily lids and use an eye primer prior to my eyeshadow/liner application. This eyeliner last all day. Regarding people with pigment issues, I have never had a problem. I shake the little bottle prior to applying. Again, lasts at least 8 hours plus. I sometimes dont take off my eye makeup at night and its still there 24 hours later.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the wet n wild one more but this is good too it's a little runny though

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by RachelCouture

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS LIQUID LINER! I know it's really popular also. I would buy it as I need it but I would always find the black sold out and I would be forced to buy something else. Now whenever I see it I just purchase it even if I don't need it right away. I have it on all day and it doesn't smudge or smear.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Mabelline13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This liquid eyeliner was a huge disappointment to all the other Revlon Colorstay products. I love all of Revlon's products and this is the only one that was horrible. The packeging isnt that bad because it's small and you can fit it anywhere. The formula and the brush suck! The brush one of those stiff brushes that let you have a more precise line, but the brush is too small for that to happen. When you apply it at first, it's very black but then when it dries, it turns into a gray color and I hate that! I don't think this is worth $4.99 either, it's a waste of $5.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by bessyleyh18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this eyeliner. It doesn't smear at all. I have a really oily skin and I sweat a lot but it stays there magically! As for the staying power, considering I am from a tropical country, it lasts up to 8 hours max.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by danazeid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best liquid eyeliner I've used so far, but it's far from perfect. I'd give it a 3.5, not a 3. It's very fickle, sometimes it comes out nice and dark and rich, but most of the time it's grayish and not pigmented enough (I have the darkest black color). This starts happening when it's only a week old, which is a big problem for me. When it does decide to come out nicely, it looks good, but it has very little staying power, comes off with just a touch. For the price, it's alright, and I will keep buying it as a backup, but I'm going to start searching for something better- perhaps a much more pigmented high end one

EDIT: I am bumping up my rating by one lippie, because after trying some high end liquid liners, this one is looking a heck of a lot better. It's a lot more pigmented than some of the pen liquid eyeliners I have from Sephora and a LOT cheaper. I also find that if I shake the bottle before use, close it tightly, and store it upright I don't have as much problem with fading color. Also, it stays on just as long as most other liquid eyeliners as long as it isn't touched. Still pretty hard to apply, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Julcifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years and find it to be great. It lasts all day and the gym and is easy to apply thicker or thin. The brush is more like a firm felt tip but not like the pen liners. It means it doesn't move around and you pain it on. I use the black brown colour and its much less harsh than the black, better for day. Doesn't irritate my eyes unless its a bit old. I have tried others and keep going back to this. Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

I use this stuff every day. It seems to be the only stuff I really like. It does fade after hours, but it just goes on so nicely. Though I do recommend changing your bottle and cleaning the applicator if you can. I love it for cate eyes. It's very precise (the precision I need at least for the effect) and the handle is tapered just right for me to hold it comfortably. I've been using for the past 3+ years.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging and the color, but hate how it feels on my eyes. The packaging is the dipping kind of wand with a spongy tip that was nice and firm and applied eyeliner rather well. The color is just so black it's amazing, it's blacker than most higher end ones I've tried. Even the staying power was pretty good, 6 hours of smudge free eyeliner (with primer and powder to set it, which i need to do for every eyeliner. Damn my oily eyelids)when I put on a thin line. Now this is when the problems started, at one point I thought "hmm, I've been using this to draw thin lines and it's worked, so lets try a thicker cat eye!" And it was terrible. It stung and streaked and when I tried to fix the streaks it seemed to remove instead of put on more. Just...terrible. I love this for just a thin line tho, really really love it for that. However, I would prefer to splurge on a more expensive one if it was better quality. Bottom line: buy this if u don't plan on drawing very thick lines. This is pretty good quality for the price. I think on most people it can last all day without primer and powder and I would absolutely love it if it weren't for that one horrifying morning when I tried to do a thick cat eye, which kind of put me off of this eyeliner. I keep on getting paranoid it'll happen again. UPDATE : I tried to tight line with this, huge fail. Smudged everywhere within 4 hours
UPDATE2: I've had this for about a month now, and every time I use it my eyes sting so much that I've stopped using it completely. Its become very sheer too. Don't understand why it went through such a change. Btw for any Asian inner double eyelids out there still looking for an eyeliner, Solone (a Taiwanese brand) has one that you shake and looks similar to the aqua eyes liquid liner that works well. I can tight line with the Solone one too, I find it works best on top of clean + powdered eyelid. No primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by rayychell

My HG liquid liner!!!!
I have tried all kinds of liquid liner as I use it every day and I must say that Revlon Colorstay liquid liner is definitely the best for the price and quality. I have been using it for the past five years and it's pretty much as good as it gets for liquid lining. I always buy it in Blackest Black for around 5-6 bucks and the little bottle lasts around 3-4 months for me if I use it everyday.
What I love about it!:
-the stick applicator since it's stiff and allows me to have better control of drawing the line as opposed to the brush type of applicator that wiggles a little and sometimes will randomly go in a direction I do not want it to go. It's like using a pen/marker in comparison to a paintbrush (as a non-artist, I find the former to be ALOT easier)
-the black color is opaque and is pretty darn black. It's not as black as some high-end liquid liners (like urban decay or lancome), but there isnt that much of a difference to account for the price gap.
-fast drying!
-doesn't stain lids (I sometimes have monolids and this doesn't rub onto other parts of my lids and stain them)
-lasts the entire day (with or without primer)

I will sometimes need to redip the applicator into the bottle when adding that cat-eye wing to my eyes as the applicator doesn't hold that much ink, but it's no big deal at all. I will definitely continue to repurchase this for the rest of my makeup wearing days!