July 23, 2014 | 1961 users online

Hair Treatments - Nexxus - Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOWZERS! I'm in love! <3 First, my hair loves protein. When I used to color religously and press daily before I big chopped and started over, I used the AphoGhee 2-Step Treatment with good results. But that stuff does absolutley nothing for me now with my natural hair. I have natural 4 type kinky coils that are very, very fine, medium density, and break and knot at the ends uber easily. I recently started noticing broken hairs is the sink and not only split ends but mid-shaft split ends!! For the last 2 years I've steered clear of products that aren't all natural, but I need some HELP from science! LOL. I did quite of bit of research and decided to try the Nexxus Pro-Mend line (LOVE IT), and then decided after reading glowing reviews, to try the Emergencee. This stuff is powerful!! When applying the Emergencee to wet hair I immediatly noticed it had amazing 'slip' and really made detangling a breeze! It's a thick light amber colored gel, about the consistency of honey (but not sticky) and is very easy to apply and doesn't drip. I applied it sectioned hair and then braided it loosely. I used a heating cap for 20 minutes, rinsed (it was very easy to rinse) and then applied tons of the Humectress deep conditioner and left on with heat for another 20 minutes. My hair felt a bit dry after I let it air dry BUT after a day or so applying moisture it was fine. My strands were *tremendously* stronger immediately. My hair was smoother and the ends were less tangled as well. I am am so glad I tried this! My hair will definitely thrive because of it. I'm not sure how long the results will last or if applying it too often will affect my hair negatively, but I'll just make sure to keep a good moisture balance. I love the results!! Next time, I may leave it on longer, and try another all natural heavy duty DC. The Humectress was good, but I would have like more moisture.

It's really pricey ($15-16) and you don't get much (I used half a bottle for shoulder length hair), but I stocked up during the BOGO 1/2 off sale going on at some Walgreens stores right now!!! :-)

I would suggest this products to anyone with damage, and especially kinky/curly ladies with fine hair who have trouble retaining length, and are not protein sensitive.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplova2212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so I have African American hair and it is chemically relaxed. I go throught the whole process of a re alert the shampoo and condition then blow dry then flat iron. That's slot to do and it took a toll on my hair. I found this in my moms shampoos , read review on here and tried it out. It's wonderful! Because my hair is naturally dry I would never ever be naturally shiny but after I blow-dry it with cool air my hair was incredibly shiny and it felt as if it had already been flat ironed.!!!! I recommend this to anyone with damaged hair! Especially those of us African American hair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair has been through the ringer. It's been pink, platinum, red, black, and everywhere in between. I recently went back to platinum after dying it black for a year. When I first used this, I thought that it didn't do anything at all, as my hair didn't feel any softer, but then I noticed that the spots that are usually impossible to comb through when wet due to their gumminess, were suddenly not gummy anymore!
The only cons are that it's a bit pricey for my student budget, and I don't like the cap. It tends to sort of seal itself shut.
Great product though, and I highly recommend it for those of us who have those awful gummy strands!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ckaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate to say it but this stuff did nothing for my hair. I was really hoping that this would repair the damage to my wavy brown hair that has been highlighted several times. I didn't notice the difference when I used this and when I didn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff saved my hair, it was permed years ago and colored blonde quite often. It got weak and dried out completely. This Nexxus is the best ever, my hair is a lot stronger and has grown quite long, my hair has never been able to grow this long (middle back lenght) but this stuff works very well, the best ever... :-) DISCONTINUED. Darn it! :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by morningblues342

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! I have color treated, heat styled, bra strap length hair. For a long time, I was using a salon brand of shampoo and conditioner that was straight up destroying my hair. Along with all the damage I was inflicting on it too, it seemed hopeless. From about mid-shaft to the ends, my hair was a overly porous, tangled, fly-way mess and embarrassment. No amount of product could give it back that strong, healthy shine and manageablity, until now.

I washed with Nexxus' Therappe shampoo, towel dried my hair and applied this product all over, especially focusing on the ends. I let it sit for an hour without heat, rinsed well with luke-warm water, and conditioned with Humectress conditioner.

When my hair was air drying, I was worried. My hair was still a poofy, tangled mess, although I could tell it seemed stronger than before. After flat-ironing is where I could REALLY tell a difference! It's like I just got back from the salon. My hair looks HEALTHY and SHINY. It's not tangled in the slightest (just woke up and haven't brushed my hair yet) and is laying beautifully in this humidity (no weird sucking up the humidity and growing like my overly porous hair use to). My hair as been sealed in shiny, protein goodness. I think I'll use it again in a week from midshaft to ends to really seal up that damaged area.

My hair is on the way back to healthy, naturally gorgeous hair, and this product is the only thing that has made leaps and bounds in the journey. I HIGHLY recommend this product. If you want salon-quality hair by only stepping out of your house, give this a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by robinseggblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair is naturally dark brown (well, dk brown with "natural silver highlights" haha)...so I get it bleached every 4 wks (like clockwork!)to a medium blonde shade. As a result my hair is porous, breaks easily and is less-than-shiny (& yet it's worth it to have my beloved color!)... have spent zillions on salon products/treatments, homeopathic remedies...you name it, I've given it a shot! Lo and behold whilst grocery shopping I noticed this little box, liked what they had written on it, took out my android and consulted (my newly discovered) MUA website and read some great reviews and figured i'd take a gamble...I AM SO GLAD I DID!!! This is the BEST stuff I've ever put on my hair!!! For the 1st time in years, my hair is swingy and shiny and lovely! Wish I had discovered it years ago! Wish my hairstylist had known about it too! I cringe when I think of the hundreds (probably even more than that! Ouch!) Of dollars I've wasted, the years my hair has been a good color, but fried and less than ideal! You only supposed to do it once every couple of weeks, but I tell you what, it's hard to wait! LOVE IT! (And I'm fussy...and somewhat fickle, so that's saying something!)...if you chemically process your hair...try this! You'll be glad you did! I've told soooo many people about this, I'm beginning to feel like a commercial!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by divajackie67

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff was a life saver for me. I had my hair highlighted at the salon and it was overprocessed and way too light. I washed my hair and it just started breaking while combing through with my big comb. I almost died! I quickly put my hair in a loose ponytail and called my boyfriend. He took me (I couldn't drive I was so upset) to the store to buy Emergencee.

I waited until the next morning because I didn't want to wash it again in the same day. I washed with my normal sulfate free shampoo. I put on about 2 handfuls of emergencee. I have very long hair. I put it under a shower cap and left it on for 20 minutes with no heat. I rinsed it out with lukewarm water and applied a deep conditioner for 30 minutes.

After my first wash I immediately noticed that my hair was no longer breaking off when combing. Yes, some hairs still fall out from the root, but it is just not like was. I haven't used it again, but the condition of my hair is just so much better after one use. Don't expect your hair to feel like it did before you started dying and heat processing it, but it is a substantial improvement after one use. I am going to use it again next Sunday which will be two weeks after my first use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by riss15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this for the first time last night and i can already tell the difference! My hair is silky and smooth and looks so much shinier that it did yesterday. I did what the directions said except I used Aussie moisturizing shampoo before using it and Aussie 3-minute miracle after using it. I left it in my hair for 10 minutes while I shaved and then rinsed. It felt a little straw like while it was in my hair but I read that that could happen so I wasn't too worried. After I rinsed it out and conditioned my hair, I could already see a difference. Putting a brush through my hair didn't take out nearly as many hairs as it always has! My hair isn't that damaged but I do dye it occasionally and I always use a flat iron and a blow dryer. I am so impressed with what this products has done for my hair after only one use and I can't wait to use it again to see how it comes out next time. I'm so happy I found this product especially because I'm thinking of lightening my medium brown hair to a dark blonde and it seems to really help damaged hair so it was a great find! I will definitely buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've waited 4 months to post my review. After reading all the positive reviews I couldn't wait to try this! My hair is mid-back length and Ive wanted it longer for some time now. I don't use heat on a daily basis and my hair is fine, but in a large quantity. It is virgin hair and has never been dyed. Sadly, it always breaks when I properly brush it, so I thought that a protein-building substance would help fuse my hair and make it stronger. At first I tried the bottle's direction (very different from what users do..it says to just leave it on for a few minutes in the shower, whereas most reviewers say they put it on and wait a while, maybe will apply heat, and then rinse...) That basically did nothing, so I anxiously waited 2 more weeks to try it the other way. Since then, I've applied heat with it on, left it on for an hour, put a little, put a lot....but honestly, I have noticed no results with the strength of my hair whatsoever. I really wish I did, because it seems to work so well for many others. I truly feel like you have to have significantly damaged hair for this to be effective. :/