July 30, 2014 | 2098 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Old Skool Eye Shadow Quad

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2003 12:35:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard candy quads are soo addicting, I have 5 and I want them all! This is just one of those products that I think everyone should own. I highly reccomend it. I, myself, am not usually a big fan of browns or neutrals. I prefer bright funky colors. But, every makeup fiend should have some good neutral tones in their collection. This quad is so quality, the texture and pigment content of each e/s is great, unlike some HC quads (ahem, pixie). And big props to HC for the bad ass packaging with the cool metallic sleeve. And for including a GREAT lil liner brush! Every other brand just tries to sell you one separately for 15 bucks. UPDATE: Since Hard Candy sold the company a few years ago, I think they changed the formula and the new one SUCKS VERY BAD. I think they tried to cut corners or something, because they're being sheisty with the pigment. The old one was extremely pigmented. I checked this out at Sephora and it was total crap compared to the Old School Old Skool. Kind of an ironic name. I don't know what I will do when my old quad runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2003 12:16:00 AM More reviews by zoemarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite Hard Candy Quartet. I love the lightest white/tan on the lid, the Stila Puppy color in the crease and the unique super Shimmery brown as a liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2003 5:02:00 AM More reviews by slwye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I am very pale with blue/grey eyes and mid-brown hair and this looks great on me. Colors last all day w/ no creasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2002 4:46:00 PM More reviews by totoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I *Love* this palette. It's the most perfect, beautiful set of neutrals. A unique glowy whitish cream, a soft neutral brown (identical to Stila Puppy) A dark chocolate with flecks of gold microglitter; perfect for lining, and a light shimmery gold—all highly pigmented, soft, and blendable. It even comes with a great, small stiff liner brush, and an applicator with a quality brush at one end, and a sponge at the other. I've heard about the inconsistency of Hard Candy shadow textures, but this one was soft and blendable for me. It's one of my all time favorite staples.
*Correction: I was mistaken. It doesn't come with an eyeshadow brush, but rather an applicator with a sponge on each end, in addition to the great little liner brush. Still a winner nonetheless. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2002 12:18:00 PM More reviews by DisFigurine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these colors in the case, but they're not as dramatic as I usually like my eyeshadows. I barely use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2002 1:03:00 AM More reviews by lalalarobin

LOVE this eye shadow! The colors are a new twist on basic shadows and look great on. The brushes are pretty handy, the slanted one is great for applying liner. All the colors look good layered on top of each other. Though the price is a bit steep, it's well worth it. These colors will never go out of style.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2002 11:10:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one that found this to be awful? The shadows do not blend at all! They go on blotchy and in my opinion the colors don't match much. I'm really disappointed in all of Hard Candy's E/S Quads although I really like H.C.'s Eye Shadow loners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2002 2:37:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

These colors are very highly pigmented and quite soft, so easy to apply, but not so great for a sheer look. This makes them less flattering than some for the older wearer, as they tend to accentuate eyelid texture. The colors are great basics: Crush - matte cream, Phony - tanned peach with gold shimmer, Blunt - matte milky tea, Freak - deep chocolate with gold shimmer and slightly rosy tone. They last well without creasing and are easy to blend with each other. The steel compact is stylish and solid. The teeny sponge and brush applicators are not so great, but the large interior mirror is useful. And the tight stretchy silver sequin-effect pochette ensures the compact doesn't spring open in your bag. A great basic quad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2002 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

these are great simple colors with a little kick. great for a not-so boring basic look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2002 1:36:00 PM More reviews by kellay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a definite make up staple and im always changing products! There are so many ways to wear the 4 colors, and they all compliment each other perfectly. I love this, especially phony with crush for an allover color. Its beautiful