November 23, 2014 | 1948 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by lehaller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing! If you have blonde, damaged, and dry hair you will love this! I am naturally a dark brunette, but I get my hair highlighted with bleach every 6 weeks. Even my hair stylist said my hair felt and is looking so much better since I've been using this. It is a little pricey compared to drug store prodcuts, but since this works so well I have no problem paying the price. I will repurchase this whenever I run out. I use this once a week (sometimes twice, but usually once) and leave it on my hair for only 5 mintues. Here's my process: I shampoo like normal and then I put the reconstructor all through the bottom two-thirds of my hair, especially on the ends since they're the most damaged. I put a shower cap over that and let that sit while I do other things in the shower. After 5 mintues I rinse it out and then I immediately follow with the Joico Intense Hydrator. I put that all through my hair and put a shower cap over that as well and let that sit for 5 mintues. After the 5 minutes are up, I rinse it out and my hair is so soft and smooth. After I blow-dry it I can see and feel a difference. I only have to wash my hair twice a week (thanks to dry shampoo), so I do this every-other time I wash my hair. If you wash your hair more, you could probably do this twice a week, but I just do all of this once a week. I hope this helps someone because these products are saving my hair!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Can't live without it. My hair has been through hell and back over the years and nothing else has been able to make it feel strong and normal. When I was in my teens I did try out almost every treatment Sally's offered but they didn't really do much for the state of my fried melty hair. Even tho all I get done now are semi annual highlights, I still run out and buy this after every bleach session to return my hair to a strong, silky, "healthy" state.

Now, as a side note, you're really supposed to balance out protein with moisture when caring for damaged hair. Always follow up a strong protein targeted treatment with a moisturizing conditioner and/or treatment. You can tell what your hair needs by how it reacts. If it stretches, snaps, and/or stays extremely stretched and distorted, it seriously needs protein. If it's brittle, dry, and frequently breaks off, it needs more moisture. After any chemical processing, it needs both.

I use this after a light cleanse to get leave-in products off my hair, saturate the hair with the treatment, wrap up my hair and leave it to soak in while I do other things for a couple hours, rinse, and then use a moisturizing conditioner (Joico also makes a moisturizing balm treatment). My hair is gorgeous for a couple weeks after doing that. It works within 5-10 minutes for some of the other reviewers here but I don't notice the same effect if only left on under an hour.

...Joico is reformulating this and I'm a little scared.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really bad product for me. I have highlighted, dry, naturally curly/frizzy hair with oily roots that I wash twice a week. I tried this after reading great reviews. It does not offer any moisture at all - I guess because this is a protein treatment? Regardless, it made my hair feel and look like frizzy straw, and it was impossible to get a comb through. Can't return it so I will be tossing it. Complete waste of $20.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by hye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is really a fantastic product. I naturally have dark brown/black hair and after many years of dying it peroxide blonde, my hair had enough so i dyed it back to black to give my hair a break. A few months on, despite trying to look after it carefully, it was still breaking and felt dry and brittle so i decided to try this product. Its been 2 months on and i use it once a week and my hair has significantly improved. It is much stronger and feels a lot thicker than in used to. This has really made big difference to the overall condition of my hair. I leave it in for around 30 minutes even though it says 5 mins on the pack and after rinsing it out, blow dry and apply serum to my ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by amethyst123

Let me describe how my hair was before: the hair framing my face was an ABSOLUTE DISASTER. there was NO moisture in it at all. i dyed it too often and it left me with hair so dry and frizzy, that when you touched it, it was coarse and "crispy." it looked like wires, the hair was nearly zig zag. i was desperate for a solution. after trying multiple products to save my hair, i stumbled upon this on MUA. this SAVED my hair. my hair isnt super shiny and healthy looking yet, but its now manageable and looks like normal hair. after using this i use the loreal re nutrition deep conditioner. im so thankful for this product. a must have for people with extremely damaged, over processed hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My dry overhilighted hair feels so soft and moisturized after using this! I used to use the Schwarzkopf repair rescue which was nice but nowhere near as good as the Joico product. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by BrunetteHairGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yet again another amazing product that Joico has turned out. Girls this is worth your money. I am a professional in the industry and this product doesn't ever let me down. If your a fan of this one then try the intense hydrator it makes hair like butta!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by smsbell

Love this stuff. I have long hair that I take good care of to keep healthy. I rarely heat style it, I wash it every other day, and I am constantly trying deep conditioners. The world of protein treatments is new to me and I must say, it makes a BIG difference. I do color and/or highlight my hair and using this treatment once a month (less if not needed) and following it with a good deep conditioner keeps my hair very healthy and strong and allows me to keep playing with colors and highlights without getting damaged or straw like hair (I've gone from blonde highlights for years to deep red to brunette to almost black back to blonde highlights mixed with color - all in two years). Good stuff. Buy it. I do hate the packaging though as when your hands are wet, good luck popping open the cap. I have to use a rag to get good traction and get the sucker open. Some reviewers complained about the smell and it really is not that great, but it's in for NO MORE than five minutes and you rinse it out and follow with a conditioner so I've never noticed the smell in my hair after that so I don't really care what it smells like since it works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

im not with the group on this, it dried out my hair horribly, made it look like i had left bleach on the ends, a melted frayed mess etc.

complete waste of money, i will stick with Kerastase for high end and Lee Stafford for low end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Excellent protein treatment, it absolutely works. My hair is in pretty good shape damage-wise, but I heat-style and color-treat it, and I do have problems with breakage and shedding. Very frustrating as I'm trying to grow my hair long. Sometimes the amount of hair I lose when I shampoo is alarming, seriously. Using this, I saw a significant reduction in breakage after only one or two applications. Prior to this my favorite protein treatment was Nexxus Emergencee, but this one is so much easier to use. I just have to leave this on for about 10 minutes or so between my shampoo and conditioner (because this is NOT a conditioner). Amazing results. I am enjoying stronger, healthier hair because of this protein reconstructor. If you have problems with breakage or shedding, definitely give this a try.