November 25, 2014 | 1890 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this masque for about 10 years (I'm 23) and it has never failed me. I have very oily acne prone skin with redness and large pores and the Mint Julep Masque addresses all of this. After cleansing my face, I apply a thin layer all over it and wait about 10 minutes for it to dry and then wipe it off. My skin instantly feels smoother, and it really calms the redness. I have used more expensive higher end masks and I didn't get results as good as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by jsscavt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product and for an amazing price! I would recommend this product to anyone who is in search of clear skin. it works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by annex1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite face mask ever! It smells amazing, helps soothe skin, fade redness, clear skin and leaves skin glowing after you wash it off! I cleanse my face over the sink, pat dry, apply an even coat of the mint julep face mask over my entire face and neck, wait about 45 minutes, go in the shower and then rinse it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by tangletongue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved this masque - but unfortunately, I'd be a bit wary of using the new, redesigned, formula. It is almost exactly the same but with the addition of spearmint tree oil! Since the package touted itself as the "original formula" I assumed it was the same, original formula and had a bad reaction to it.

If you don't react to spearmint tree oil, go for it! I really love this masque but can no longer use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by marcy93

I was a bit wary of this stuff just because of the incredibly low price coupled with raving reviews-I just had a hunch it wouldn't work for me. For reference, my skin is extremely acne-prone and sensitive so I was worried it would cause new breakouts or irritate my skin.
I decided to use it as spot treatment on 3 giant pimples and left it on for a good 45 minutes and rinsed it off. Of course, nothing changed in that time period but when I woke up the next morning I noticed that they had shrunk considerably. Although this mask doesn't zap them away, it definitely helps lessen them. I strongly suggest giving it a try :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Giron0922

Used this mask twice and it broke me out bad. I've never really had acne problems besides the occasional hormonal break outs so u was shocked to have 3 painful breakouts after the first use, at first I thought it was part of the process but once I used it again it irritated my skin pretty badly and caused more breakouts. It's been about a week and I'm still trying to calm down all the breakouts. Never again, just like they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'll stick to my normal skin routine from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has done wonders for my skin. I always have had sensitive acne prone skin. I recently moved to hot and humid weather in the middle of the summer near the ocean. This weather change/maybe the water has been HORRIBLE for my skin. I had SOO many black heads and tiny white head bumps ALL over my face and really bumpy skin on my forehead. I even went to the dermatologist and spent $$ on clindamycin gel in the morning, RetinA at night, oral antibiotics (I didnt stick with for too long) and Spironolactone. I also use a clarisonic brush at night to get the make up off. NOTHING had worked as well as this mask. After a few days, my bumpy forehead is 90% smooth and the number of black heads has SIGNIFICANTLY decreased. Out of all of the products the derm prescribed and all of the $$ I spent, this $5 has worked the BEST!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by strangechild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I. Love. This. Product. Let me elaborate...

To be blunt, my skin is a damn mess - always has been, and I was sure it always would be, until I picked this up from Sally's. It has a pleasant (if you like spearmint) smell, no chemical-ness or masque-y-ness (haha), a little bit goes a long way, and the price is great. I have not noticed a burning sensation as some others have noted, but the mask is very relaxing and you can feel it tightening right away. It washes away cleanly and easily and has a really perfect thick, creamy consistency.

My skin is very, VERY oily, and as a result I've got all the lovely things that come with it - large pores, blackheads, blemishes, uneven skin tone. The mask dries up and shrinks any blemishes INSTANTLY, and by the next day (I tend to use it at night) they are noticeably smaller and less red. My skin is also left smoother, more even, my pores are smaller, my blackheads either wash away or are super easy to extract, the oil is way more manageable for a couple days after use. I have no problems whatsoever with the masque being drying - on the contrary really, my skin is softer and more supple.

If you have problems with oily, acne-prone skin, give this a try!

Pros: affordable, easy to find, non-drying, works quickly

Cons: the tub packaging is kinda dodgy - get the tube if you can

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kourtsnow

I had been just browsing through Sallys when i came across this, It was only 5$ so I decided to pick some up. I have been using this product for about a week now applying every night for about 15-30 minutes and a few times overnight for spot treatments.
The smell is like mint gum and is quite refreshing, seeming as i really like the smell of mint.
This is one of those products that you can REALLY feel working. you feel a burning sensation at first then the tightening. This mask is super relaxing and i could really feel my facial muscles relax.
After about a week of continuous use, Ive certainly seen results. I have acne-prone skin and have struggled with it since i was 12. Ive tried numerous products but this has by far made my skin feel and look its best in a long time. My pimples are drying up, my complexion is beginning to look more even and is glowing! My pores are noticeable smaller and tighter and my blackheads are diminishing

THIS IS SERIOUSLY A MIRACLE PRODUCT .

Its the sulfur in this product that is really working wonders for me i believe and its such a great mask for such a great price. Ill certainly be purchasing more when i run out!

my only complaint would be that my Sallys only carried them in the tubs, so its not the most hygienic or cleanest way to apply this product, So i have to proceed with caution from there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ayo1sophie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First and foremost, this product has PLENTY of raving reviews and mine is just that. I've tried everything from the (very) expensive Glamglow masks (which completely DESTROYED my skin) to something as cheap as the 99 cent packet masks and this, by far, beats every mask I've tried. My skin is oily/combination and very acne prone. I'm on acne medication (Epiduo) which cleared my skin beautifully when I paired it with this mask. Now I just use Epiduo when my face is purging after a shit product like glamglow. This mask clears my pores which are huge, shrinks them, dries up any left over acne and those frustrating nose blackheads. I get the tube because it's more hygienic. It does get messy when washing off. It is best when I JUST get out of the shower and my pores are still open, I slap this on and get ready for bed - which takes around 10/20 minutes. Once it is dry, I wash it off with warm water then flash freeze my pores with splashes of ice cold water. When I wake up in the morning, my skin is glowing, my makeup goes on beautifully, and everything just looks clean. AMAZINGGGG