October 25, 2014 | 1849 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Giron0922

Used this mask twice and it broke me out bad. I've never really had acne problems besides the occasional hormonal break outs so u was shocked to have 3 painful breakouts after the first use, at first I thought it was part of the process but once I used it again it irritated my skin pretty badly and caused more breakouts. It's been about a week and I'm still trying to calm down all the breakouts. Never again, just like they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'll stick to my normal skin routine from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has done wonders for my skin. I always have had sensitive acne prone skin. I recently moved to hot and humid weather in the middle of the summer near the ocean. This weather change/maybe the water has been HORRIBLE for my skin. I had SOO many black heads and tiny white head bumps ALL over my face and really bumpy skin on my forehead. I even went to the dermatologist and spent $$ on clindamycin gel in the morning, RetinA at night, oral antibiotics (I didnt stick with for too long) and Spironolactone. I also use a clarisonic brush at night to get the make up off. NOTHING had worked as well as this mask. After a few days, my bumpy forehead is 90% smooth and the number of black heads has SIGNIFICANTLY decreased. Out of all of the products the derm prescribed and all of the $$ I spent, this $5 has worked the BEST!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by strangechild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I. Love. This. Product. Let me elaborate...

To be blunt, my skin is a damn mess - always has been, and I was sure it always would be, until I picked this up from Sally's. It has a pleasant (if you like spearmint) smell, no chemical-ness or masque-y-ness (haha), a little bit goes a long way, and the price is great. I have not noticed a burning sensation as some others have noted, but the mask is very relaxing and you can feel it tightening right away. It washes away cleanly and easily and has a really perfect thick, creamy consistency.

My skin is very, VERY oily, and as a result I've got all the lovely things that come with it - large pores, blackheads, blemishes, uneven skin tone. The mask dries up and shrinks any blemishes INSTANTLY, and by the next day (I tend to use it at night) they are noticeably smaller and less red. My skin is also left smoother, more even, my pores are smaller, my blackheads either wash away or are super easy to extract, the oil is way more manageable for a couple days after use. I have no problems whatsoever with the masque being drying - on the contrary really, my skin is softer and more supple.

If you have problems with oily, acne-prone skin, give this a try!

Pros: affordable, easy to find, non-drying, works quickly

Cons: the tub packaging is kinda dodgy - get the tube if you can

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by kourtsnow

I had been just browsing through Sallys when i came across this, It was only 5$ so I decided to pick some up. I have been using this product for about a week now applying every night for about 15-30 minutes and a few times overnight for spot treatments.
The smell is like mint gum and is quite refreshing, seeming as i really like the smell of mint.
This is one of those products that you can REALLY feel working. you feel a burning sensation at first then the tightening. This mask is super relaxing and i could really feel my facial muscles relax.
After about a week of continuous use, Ive certainly seen results. I have acne-prone skin and have struggled with it since i was 12. Ive tried numerous products but this has by far made my skin feel and look its best in a long time. My pimples are drying up, my complexion is beginning to look more even and is glowing! My pores are noticeable smaller and tighter and my blackheads are diminishing

THIS IS SERIOUSLY A MIRACLE PRODUCT .

Its the sulfur in this product that is really working wonders for me i believe and its such a great mask for such a great price. Ill certainly be purchasing more when i run out!

my only complaint would be that my Sallys only carried them in the tubs, so its not the most hygienic or cleanest way to apply this product, So i have to proceed with caution from there.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ayo1sophie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First and foremost, this product has PLENTY of raving reviews and mine is just that. I've tried everything from the (very) expensive Glamglow masks (which completely DESTROYED my skin) to something as cheap as the 99 cent packet masks and this, by far, beats every mask I've tried. My skin is oily/combination and very acne prone. I'm on acne medication (Epiduo) which cleared my skin beautifully when I paired it with this mask. Now I just use Epiduo when my face is purging after a shit product like glamglow. This mask clears my pores which are huge, shrinks them, dries up any left over acne and those frustrating nose blackheads. I get the tube because it's more hygienic. It does get messy when washing off. It is best when I JUST get out of the shower and my pores are still open, I slap this on and get ready for bed - which takes around 10/20 minutes. Once it is dry, I wash it off with warm water then flash freeze my pores with splashes of ice cold water. When I wake up in the morning, my skin is glowing, my makeup goes on beautifully, and everything just looks clean. AMAZINGGGG

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by taylormcgrath17

Its a good product just very messy. The smell is nice. The formula itself feels weird and is annoying to get off. It helps with what it says it does though and that is all that matters

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you have oily, acne-prone skin, get this stuff! It's a cult favorite for a reason. The ratio of cheapness to effectiveness doesn't get much better than this.
I've been using this mask for five years on and off, since my skin kind of goes through phases where it's more oily for a period of time, then less oily, etc. When my skin is going through an oily phase and I use this mask, my skin will noticeably stay more matte throughout the days following using it. I don't know how this works - it's like it absorbs all your skin's oil reserves (lol) or something. So if you have an issue with shiny skin, this stuff would be a good purchase. The mask also reduces my clogged pores (eliminates them with consistent use), and new acne doesn't seem to form.
How often I use the mask depends on how bad my skin is being. If it's particularly bad, I use it as often as every other day. Otherwise I just try to stick to using it once a week. I leave it on for fifteen to twenty minutes, then wash off and follow with jojoba oil. The mask smells like spearmint gum and is vibrant green, swamp monster style. If you have roommates, prepare to be teased while you have it on.
I have combination skin, and I have not experienced any issues with dryness using this mask regularly. It's possible those with dryer skin might have some issues, though.
If you're planning on purchasing this, I definitely recommend going with the tube rather than the tub. Not only is the tube more hygienic, but I had the tub a few years ago and it dried out after I didn't close it tightly enough. I buy mine at Sally Beauty.
Guys, if you have oily skin, just get it. Seriously, I can't imagine finding something equally effective at a similar price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by JeskaLillis

I love this mask. I use the original formula that I find on Amazon. I like the way it feels after putting it on, I can feel it tightening my skin as it dries. It washes off my face easily. And I like the mint smell. I use this whenever my acne gets really bad, so maybe once a month. It helps reduce them well. My face always feels smooth and clean after using it. I feel it looks brighter and more even.

It can get hard to squeeze the product out after awhile.

I would buy this again, but I can't find it in any of the stores near me. So I am looking for something that is similar.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by micheller27

It does clean your face. It shrinks your pores BUT it keeps extracting all the dirt out of your face so pimples keep appearing for weeks

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this years ago, as a young lady. I recall it burned upon application and, despite immediate removal, left my skin red and irritated for several hours. In retrospect, the ingredients are bad enough to scare lab rats. Skip it if you have sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No