October 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this years ago, as a young lady. I recall it burned upon application and, despite immediate removal, left my skin red and irritated for several hours. In retrospect, the ingredients are bad enough to scare lab rats. Skip it if you have sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ding6556

This stuff is great for a once a week clenser. I have very acne prone skin so was a little hesitant on using this, but when I did, I felt my pours tighter and my skin had a somewhat glowing complextion! It does kinda sting when you put it on but I believe its the product working! Lovely smell and awesome price, a little goes a long way. This stuff is truly awesome!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product really irritated my skin and left it partially red and itchy for a few days.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

First and foremost, this stuff smells bad. Second, it is loaded with ingrefients that be irritating to ones skin. And, ladtly, it never did anything special towards helping to keep my face clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by CandiceLee

This is a pretty decent mask for the price. When I use it, the mint makes my skin feel tingly and refreshed. I really like products that I can feel working. I didn't give it a full 5 stars because the squeeze tube can get pretty messy and gross after a while. I don't feel this is a mask that you need to apply a thick layer of to get results. Just get your face thinly covered and you're good to go. The thicker you layer it on, the longer you'll have to wait for it to dry without being able to make full facial expressions.

My life seems to be a constant battle with my pores. It takes an act of God to get my face 100% totally gunk free. That being said, I don't think this mask is that HG for me. It does clean, tighten, and reduce skin issues, so I always have it on hand. But don't expect a brand new face when you wash it off. Those without as many problems however will probably be in love with this stuff. And who can blame them? I mean it's only 4 dollars!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by maiitaii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the few products I've used that went straight in the trash. It felt nice at first, left my skin feeling super clean but not dried out. However, I woke up to a bunch of clogged pores and small breakouts all over my face, and my skin was completely clear before (aside from a few "gunky" pores). Nothing else changed in my routine except for this. Never again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Ok if you want to do a face mask and relax. Other than that I don't see this giving much results. I have much better results from a turmeric mask or asprin mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know it's the sulfur in this that works for me and I wanted to find a way to use as a daytime treatment. What I did is smooth a light layer over a plate and let it dry overnight. I then scraped the plate with a knife and just kept grinding it until a smooth powder form. I then used a concealer brush and pinpointed existing red marks and did a very light coating over my chin/jawline (hormonal acne) and nose, followed up with mineral foundation. The green actually helped counteract any red, just like a correcting concealer would. It worked pretty good, but can look a little cakey by the end of the day or if I use too much. Just bought a tub at Sally's for $5 for a 12oz tub...a great deal!
EDIT: I ended up mixing a small batch of the green mask powder and loose mineral powder. Everything adheres to the face better and the green tint helps mask redness. Looks better for an overall night treatment too, without the scary green face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by vivian308

This is a very very good product I gave it 5 stars for all category it is dirt cheap but really effective...everytime I use it, I feel like my skin is tighter, brighter, pimples are healed its amazing for its price, I think its better than some "hyped" overprice masks out there

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is the cheapest HG product you will find. I've used it since I was 16 and it's still my favorite mask. I have very large and clogged pores, and oily skin to match. It's always been my go-to before a date or an event because it tightens my skin, minimizes my pores, dries any pimples, etc. For this price, you really can't beat it.