Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

I bought this mask in tub form about a year ago and it hasn't disappointed me! It is extremely affordable, smells great (not overbearing), and actually does most of what it claims to do. I haven't really noticed any changes in my oil production but it definitely helps minimize my large pores and gives my face a deep clean feeling. I use it as a pick me up when my skin is acting out and it helps calm (not eliminate) any breakouts I have. If you haven't, definitely check out the mint julep scrub!

Great mask. Seems like it would be great for any skin type too. For the price this stuff is totally worth it :)

on 4/6/2015 12:25:00 PM

Pros:
- consistency is thick, stays firm on the face
- I used this probably 2-3 times a week when I broke out REALLY BAD, and it actually healed my face by minimizing the whiteheads that were really red
- nice mint smell and is really cooling
- hardens on the face when it dries, making my face feel really clean
- really affordable

Cons:
- very hard to get every bit of the mask with a squeeze tube, but nbd. I just cut the tube in half when I'm at my last drop
- not sure whether it even helps with oil production? probably not

Overall, really great and affordable product for my acne-prone skin. Would definitely repurchase!

on 4/3/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! I have been using Queen Helene product's since I was a teenager, and am about to be 35. This particular product is my favorite, and really helped my acne prone skin. I also have less black heads, and tighter, brighter skin after each use. I use about once a week. I steam my face to open up my pores, dry it, then apply a very nice coating to my face and neck. leave on for about 30 minutes, and use a hot wash clothe to take the masque off. I then exfoliate with St. Ives acne prone formula, use a cotton ball with rose water as a astringent, and then use a coconut oil, lemon, and tea tree oil mixture as a moisturizer. I can honestly say that I have the face of a 25 yr old having used this combination for the past 5 years.

on 3/30/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This mask is oil-stripping, and since I have dry skin I have to be careful about not using it too often, but when I'm faced with a breakout every few weeks it really helps calm down the gross zits on my face. I really like how it smooths my skin, pulls gunk out of my pores, and makes my sebaceous filaments less noticeable for a few days.

If you have dry skin, just make sure you moisturize afterwards, otherwise it might be too drying. Otherwise, this mask is excellent, especially considering how cheap it is.

on 3/29/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not the type to bother with reviews but when something deserves credit, I feel the obligation to do so. This mask is amazing, now ladies who are saying that it makes your face burn or tingle and what not, HELLO!!! It's mint, it's not burning stop overreacting and you are the same ladies who say it doesn't work, umm maybe cuz you only used it once or twice. Things take time, just like everything else, diet, goals, achievements etc. I only use this mask once a week after scrubbing my face with st Ives facial scrub. I leave the mask on for 10 minutes then rinse with warm water and I follow up with some Argan oil. Yes I have combination skin oily and dry in some spots, but guess what I found out, oily skin needs oil to stop being oily, I know it sounds crazy but it's true, I use jojoba oil and Argan oils on my face and I'm never oily and my face feels like a babies butt.

on 3/27/2015 10:11:00 AM

The product I think is so-so. First off, when I bought this I was expecting the mask to be at least smooth. But maybe it was left in the packaging too long or maybe it was originally like that but it was really difficult to squeeze it out of the tube and the mask was dry and not that easily to spread on my face.
I think the price is quite reasonable and cheap given by the quality.
When I put it on, there is a cooling feeling and it really dries everything out of my face. Like really drying! I think this would be great for people with oily face or those with oily T-zone or on pimples to dry them out.
It removes some blackheads and I love the cool tingling feeling but
Overally I would not buy this again because it is too drying for my skin type and there really isnt much benefit for this product.

on 3/26/2015 9:58:00 PM

I bought this product at Watson Singapore at Bras Basah Road ( Sunway plaza (?)) . I heard this is a good product thats why I bought this . But , then when I tried this , my face burnt ( I felt it was burnt and I can smell the burnt smell on my face ) . The day after I use this product I saw that my face got skin irritation ( my left cheek look like it was sting by insects and it has rough surface ) . Maybe this product not for my face .
I am sorry , my english is bad . So, if any grammar mistake forgive me .

on 3/26/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this on Amazon, great price (4.59) and LOADS of mask in the package! Much more than the Boots Botanics Clay mask I get and cheaper than it too... The consistency is nice, very thick and green. It has a spearmint smell which is nice as I love spearmint (although, I wish it didn't have fragrance in as I don't like fragrance in my skincare products). I applied the mask all over my face (I applied it under my eyes, too. Apparently, clay can help rid of bags) and my neck, I like to put plenty of mask on so I was very generous with it - as I can afford to be with the price of this mask! I put it on for around 20-25 minutes while I was cleaning. I washed it off in the shower, and my face definitely felt super clean! My face felt tighter (in a good way), my bags were reduced and my neck feels tighter too. I'm not sure if this has helped my acne but it definitely hasn't helped my blackhead! I will continue to use anyway to tighten my face.

on 3/25/2015 1:15:00 PM

I like this stuff. It is a bit drying for my cheeks and jawline, but not for my T-zone, nose, or chin. If I use it too often, it breaks me out a little, but when I use it sparingly, it works fine.
I have not experienced a burning sensation when it's applied. It feels tingly and minty, but I sort of expect that. It's very easy to wash off, and it's so inexpensive, it's definitely worth trying out.

On the new bottle, it does specify that this mask is for "acne prone and oily skin". So if you have dry skin, sensitive, or combination like me (which is why I only use this mask on select areas of my face) this mask might be a little too drying or harsh. That's the nice thing about the remake on the tubes; they say which type of skin each mask is geared for. I really want to try the Queen Helene Grape Seed peel-off mask, but I can't find it in stores anywhere. It's for combination skin, too. :(

Popular Masks