April 18, 2014 | 1212 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by r0san

So in love with this mask! Most ingredients are safe and it's definitely price friendly. I've been using this mask for years and a tube lasts a long time considering I use it as an entire face mask often. Leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed, it also feels like it helps with my breakouts (especially useful during that time of the month) with soothing and drying affected areas. Definitely on my must have list.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

The best results I've ever got from any mask - low or high end. I used it in the morning and it left my skin soft and me feeling invigorated. I am very impressed with the relatively short ingredients list. I have no problem with the mint or the clay content, which I do with other masks with these ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by OldBlueEyes76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I freakin' love this stuff!!! It's amazing that something so cheap can be so good. Slather on a good coating of this thick, minty mask, let it sit until it's almost hard, wash off and bask in the glory that is your skin. It's tingly and cool and feels wonderful. It works so great on my combination skin. You can also use it as a spot treatment overnight! Just dab it on (I use a Q-Tip) and it barely budges, even on a tosser-and-turner like myself. It will reduce pimply redness overnight. Love it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by iamaycee

Nice stuff! I got this for like $2 and I was so amazed to see the result when I wake up every morning. Ladies, if you need a lil 'perk me up' feeling, then you should start getting these product from your local store :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sylphjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Picked it up for $3 and I have to say I was surprised at the wonders it worked for my complexion - and being very fair, blemishes (like blackheads) are usually VERY noticeable.

So, this stuff is pretty amazing! I can visibly see my pores get cleared of gunk and blackheads-be-gone (thanks to the horrifying honesty of a super magnifying mirror and the naked eye). Best part is they do a great job reducing the size/appearance of those nasty, large sebaceous filaments on my nose!

I haven't noticed it doing much for my acne in the ways of removing it, but I'm not prone to huge breakouts in the first place - so I'm no judge for it causes acne (though harsher products like retinol have made me break out). It does minimize the redness and size of errant pimples though.

As far as sensitivity, I'm sometimes sensitive, but no redness. *Though* when it's caked too heavily under and around the bottom of my nose, it stings and is uncomfortable - but that is all (and now I avoid applying it there to be safe). Anyway, you should always first test a small area to see if you are sensitive to a product.

Other than that, there is a refreshing cool feel to from the mint that is quite refreshing, and warm/hot water and sharp eyes makes for an easier rinse-off.

I have combination skin, with patches of oily areas and then dry spots, but I think it tends to make my skin more balanced overall, leaning towards dry. So I follow up with moisturizer and try to keep it to once every week or two.

Given similar success with bentonite clay (Indian Healing Mask) in the past, I'm guessing that is the ingredient that is why the product works so well (*I got redness at first from that product so that may be why my skin did not act up with this mask). For the price and the convenience of having it all prepared and in an easy-to-dispense, not-clunky (albeit visually-offensive) package, I'd probably prefer to use this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love the smell.. It's a nice spearmint smell. However I found it was just way too thick to apply and remove and it didn't really help to clear my skin. Your skin will definitely feel clean after using this as it basically just sucks all the oil out. But it may be harsh for people with more sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY BURN HEAVEN! I do not normally have sensitivity to products, but as soon as I applied this to my face it stunk like a $@#$@$%!!! I rinsed it off and my face was beet red. I washed my face with some dove bar soap to try and take the redness down, nope, it didn't budge. My face still stung and was bright red. The next morning I awoke to a red reflection in the mirror, to my horror my face still stung! I made an appointment with my dermatologist and he said I had a classic chemical burn from the product. It claims to be natural and safe. Think again before putting this on your face!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by rhoda35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite mask! I have been using it forever...well over 10 years. Just get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Keyra89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I been using this product on and off for years. I recommend this to everyone. It's inexpensive and a bottle last me at least 6 month. I use this once a week. It minimize the look of my pores and it the only product that gets rid of 80% of my blackheads. Its an amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaMSW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

HG clay face mask! This stuff sucks the gunk out of your pores like no one's buisness!!! If you can get over the "green swamp monster" look for half an hour a week (after a good steam and scrub) your skin will absolutely thank you. My skin feels clean and refreshed when I take this mask off, and my pores look significantly smaller. And of course, you can't beat the price and availability of this product. Definitely will repurchase again and again.