April 20, 2014 | 1832 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lemon Aid

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by itsrachellolz

Although it's a part of my daily makeup routine, this product doesn't really blow my mind. It's sort of there, and I use, and I'll use it until it's gone and that'll be that. It's really, really white in appearance, so unless you do layer some eyeshadow over it, it looks strange. I was hoping it would look okay alone, but it's really pale; like in the example picture, it's great alone for a complexion that's pale and not so much if you're not. I'll probably be getting some concealer-like primer in the BeneFit line instead the next time I shop.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Lemon Aid was such a let down for me. It has a nice, creamy consistency that glides on the eyelid without tugging or pulling, but this thing creased on me like no other. I like the idea of this product, and it does say what it claims which is to color correct the eyelid but it creases! I tried applying it over my Too Faced Shadow Insurance eye primer but it still creased on me. I have oily lids so maybe that's why it did not work for me. Oh well!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by emmaamarie

I really love this product. I bought a small version of it at ulta and I ended up really liking it. it makes my eyes pop and I put it down the center of my nose as well. sometimes I put it in the corners of my eyes to make them look bigger.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this because not only does it take away redness, it spreads like buttaa! I have issues with redness especially around my nose and so I always have one of these on hand .. That's what makes this product so versatile. It's not only made for one thing. Only complaint is,, I wished it were a bit larger so that I wouldn't run out as fast.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by cricricri11

Very pretty, as anything Benefit, but terrible product. Cakey the moment i wore it. Tried it anyway (since i just spent some good money) for a few days and it got worst. There is no way one will be able to use this on their eyelids or bags if one has a slightly dry skin.
So disappointed

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by duaam1

I returned this after a few months when I noticed I never use it.

It creases like no buddy's business. It's greasy. I never even bothered using it as primer as it is too thick. I used it as brighteners a few times which worked better, but like I said, greasy and creases. Not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Adversely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

"Wear alone or under makeup." is semi-false advertising, in my opinion. This product is good if you want a colour corrector for your lids and NOTHING more. You can't put anything over top of this "primer"; it creases like you would not believe so forget about adding eyeshadow or even simply wearing eyeliner. It is an "okay" product to use on your dark under-eye circles but I prefer using Boi-ing.

I tried several different "techniques" when using this product, I really wanted to like it. I tried putting more product, my eyeshadow creased, I tried putting less product, my eyeshadow creased, I tried simply wearing eyeliner, it didn't stay...You get the idea.

I was bamboozled in to buying this after reading rave reviews on Benefit's website. Serves me right for not doing more research. I'm out 30 bucks and now have a useless eyelid primer in my makeup cabinet. On the "plus" side, the packaging is good and I like the mirror but that isn't enough for me to like this product...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I received this product in a sample amount with my Confessions of a Concealaholic kit by Benefit. I usually love Benefit products, but this one just didn't do it for me. First of all, the way its packaged in the kit makes it dry out very easily. In a few months after I purchased it, the Lemon Aid was completely dried out to the point where it was almost unusable. When i was able to use it, it did brighten up my eyes a little bit, but didn't really seem to do much overall. I'm sure there are much better products out there for the price. I don't have problems with under eye darkness or discoloration like some people, so it may be more effective for others.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It creases so badly and it is so light in colour it makes me look crazy and sick. You wouldn't think it would crease so badly because you literally have to work at warming it up before attempting to slide it over your lid. But then once warmed up it's slightly oily and magnifies lines that aren't really visible if you haven't have used it in the first place.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eh, it's okay. I got a mini size one that's half this, half boing concealer. I find its performance as a concealer is contingent on what kind of foundation I used it with. When I used a revlon cream foundation, it creased the minute I blinked, no matter which one went on first or if I put a primer underneath. With a b.b. cream or a sephora liquid foundation, it looked really nice if I put it on first. I think the slightly stickier texture keeps it in place under liquid. If I put it on over, it's insanely light and tough to blend. If you use a 360 degree primer underneath it, it's way more likely to crease. As a shadow primer, it's nice, but its nothing to write home about. It's only crease proof for a few hours, and it doesn't seem to do anything for fading. I could see how some people might really like it, but It can have a sticky texture that tugs at my skin. As a concealer it's nice once you figure out how to work with it, but I can't really justify buying a full size just to conceal dark circles. I could go either way on this one. It's not without merit, but its not my favorite.