Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, mineral oil, petrolatum, PEG-40 stearate, isodecyl oleate, steareth-2, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-4, DMDM Hydantoin, carbomer, isopropynyl butylcarbamate

on 11/21/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG of eye makeup remover! It takes EVERYTHING OFF without a trace. That really dark black eyeliner, waterproof mascara, and vibrant eye shadows. I use make up removing clothes and it just doesn't get all the eye makeup off.this stuff will take off your other makeup to but I don't think your sopose to use it for that..

For those of you giving bad reviews, make sure you eye is closed when using the remover. My mom has used it for 20 years and never had it burn he eyes. My mom buys them up when they go on sale for 99c and always gives me an extra bottle. Love it.

on 11/18/2012 9:58:00 PM

Let's be real, people. You will not find a better eye makeup remover for 99 cents. I have used this product for a few years now and I consider it a tremendous value. One bottle can last me a year. I use it in the shower so I've never tried it with a pad or cotton ball but just using my fingers I get great results. I wouldn't say I wear a ton of eye makeup but this stuff gets it all off. My eyes can be fairly sensitive and yet this never irritates them or else that would be it. Since I use it in the shower and wash my face after my eyes I have not experienced any greasiness. Another plus for me is it fits within the 4-ounce travel requirement. I briefly considered trying Lancome's Bi-Facil but I realized it would be wasting money when I have such a top notch, dirt cheap product already!

on 10/14/2012 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I stock up on this gem whenever it goes on sale for less than 2$. I have been using it for 4 years now and it has NEVER stung my eyes, ever. It also does NOT leave a greasy residue if you use it first to remove eye makeup, THEN cleanse the rest of face with your usual facial cleanser.
It takes a pea sized amount applied with the fingers to the eye area (I start at the inside and work out, gently in a downward sweeping motion) followed by a warm moist cotton disk also in a gentle downward sweeping motion. It removes all my eye makeup, waterproof mascara included, without a lot of rubbing/tugging.
I would suggest a small amount to start with, of course if you put a vast blob of product into your eye area it will get into them! So start out with less, till you find an amount that suits your needs.
Its worth its weight in gold in my books.

on 10/9/2012 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The only good thing about this the price. It was very cheap. But this burns my eyes so so much when I use it!!! It removes my eye makeup (mostly all I is mascara) but not anything better than a warm washcloth. Also Avon test on animals which is horrible in it's self. Needlessly to say I will not be repurchasing this product or using the rest of the bottle. :/

on 10/7/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this product after hearing someone rave about it. At the time it was on sale for about 1.50, I figured it was worth a try.

At first I didn't know how to use it. I poured a generous amount on my cotton and tried wiping it off. I hated it! It got everywhere, especially in my eyes and stung like nobodys business. Plus it left me with cloudy vision for a couple of minutes!! UGH!

For some reason I decided to try it again, this time using just a little bit. I put a couple of drops on the back of my hand, took a little and rubbed it on my eye lid. I wiped it off with a make up remover wipe and it worked like a charm!!!! It takes everything off and leaves the eye area feeling moisturized, and not dry and tight like others I used in the past.

I like that you only need a little, I have just noticed that I am running low on the first bottle I bought about a year ago. Good thing is, Avon is always running sales on this, so it is easy to stock up on.

I still manage to still get a little in my eyes, and still some times have cloudy vision. It claims to be optomoligist safe, so hopefully no harm is being done.

So untill I find another eye remover with better results, I think this will be my holy grail remover.

HG makeup remover that I have been using for 4+years
Context: I have oily skin that is quite sensitive. I tend to only use organic/natural products (consonant, or natural oils) and wear mascara every day.

Pros
- no smell
- 1 pea sized drop removes ALL makeup from both eyes. It has never met a makeup it can't remove.
- each bottle lasts me almost the entire year, it's fantastic
- no stinging/blurring/drying effects
- quite moisturizing

Cons
- it is somewhat oily after applied but this doesn't matter to me. I take off my makeup at night and then wash my face...so the fact that the moisturizing product leaves a sheen is irrelevant.

on 6/12/2012 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is ok. I dont like it on your eyes that much because if a little it gets in your eyes it will burn like no other especially if you have sensitive eyes. I dont like that its a lotion i prefer wipes but you dont need a lot of product and even though the bottle is small it will last you a long time. The packaging isnt that great the labels rub off really easily and it seem kind of cheap. I got this on sale for .99 so it wasnt that bad of a loss.

on 5/27/2012 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this makeup remover! I buy a few bottles when it goes on sale for 2 bucks. Effectively removes mascara and liner and will not dry out skin. I didn't have any issues with burning or blurring. Will purchase again and again!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was cheap that's like the only reason i bought it, just to try it out. But i didn't expect to be blinded!! I freaked out when i used it and even with my eyes shut i couldn't see when i was done. It didn't even take off my make up no matter how hard a scrubbed it just smeared it on my face under my eyes i was so embarrassed when i actually used this on a client at a shoot! It smeared it all down my models face i had to rummage threw my kit to find my make up remover wipes. HORRIBLE.

on 3/17/2012 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got this product on sale for about $1.00 from the Avon flyer.

PROS:
Cheap
Does what it says

CONS:
Should not be for eyes (Read for more)

I ordered this from Avon because I was tired of taking off my makeup with soap and water. I was not expecting much for a 99 cent product but I did not think an eye product could be THIS bad! Everytime I go to take off my makeup, this product somehow gets into my eye, even when I keep them shut. When I wipe the film away, my vision gets somehow blurry and distored, which is kind of scary for a product that is ment for eyes. I have long gave up on this product due to scares of vision loss...