Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 1/4/2015 11:29:00 PM

This review is long overdue! My Derm said this is like liquid skin and uses it/recommends to all her patients. Believe it because it works on so many levels. I use it my lips, hands, feet, elbows, neck and I dab it under my eyes at night. Love this stuff!!

on 12/19/2014 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

It is an amazing cream. I use it as a dry spots/cracked skin treatment and not for slathering on, like a lotion. It works miracles on chapped lips, dry cracked heels, knees and elbows and general dry spots on the face too. I also apply it under the eyes and on the neck, especially when stepping out in dry, cold weather or when there's a wind chill and am outdoors. It also works great as an eye liner, and helps grow the lashes, but that's probably because I am used to kohl so I am fine with applying it on the eyelids lining.

The huge tub is a bit unsanitary, for reuse. I use a small glass rod to scoop out the cream or apply on the eye lining. The ointment is definitely worth the high price. It is not just glorified vaseline as claimed by some, but has lanolin and chamomile extract.

on 12/19/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Absolutely amazing for new tattoos! Inexpensive, easy to find, and cheap. I use the squeeze tube, not the tub packaging. I've used it as a lip balm once or twice and it's great for that too.

on 12/19/2014 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Definitely another one in the bandwagon! Love this stuff! Petrolatum is the base so in that way it's like Vaseline but the difference ends there. The other ingredients are mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, panthenol, glycerin, bisabolol. It's these other ingredients that put it over the edge and make this such a wonderful product. They are lubricants, emollients, humectants and even anti-microbials. Panthenol is provitamin B5. It does have a greasy, oily feel to it - much more than even Vaseline - but I'm ok with that. Aquaphor is made by Eucerin which is a part of Beiersdorf - the German company primarily famous for Nivea.

How does it compare to similar products like Homeoplasamine (only available online in the US) or Yu-be? Homeoplasamine is made by Boiron (France) is an ointment with a matte finish so that might be preferable for some but it is a LOT more expensive and hard to get (at least in the states). Yu-Be is a cream - so that makes it very different - and is available at Nordstrom, Sephora, etc. It's a Japanese product that's part of a skin care line. The cream is moisturizing enough but I don't like using it on my lips. I also don't think it lasts as long as an ointment would - and I don't think it's as efficient on healing as Aquaphor.

Love Aquaphor! Definite repurchase!

on 12/10/2014 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I can not tell you how many times that I have lost my little portable that I carry with me!!!
I don't know what I would do without it, me and my retina A. However, sometimes in the summer, I do back off to: ta da- Eucerin Moisturiser for Intensely Dry Skin! Probably not supposed to be used on the face, but I didn't read that closely.....it works like a dream.
Can't do without it....ever!

on 12/1/2014 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My new favourite lip balm. I apply it at night on to my lips and they feel super hydrated in the morning. Beats all the other lip balms like eOS, nivea, and chapstick. I add/mix in a little of blistex on my lips with it just because I like the refreshing feel that blistex leaves on my lips. I wish the texture wasnt so much like vaseline. Other than that it functions amazing as a lip balm. Looking at other reviews I may try to apply it on other areas and see if it produces the same results. Recommend!

on 11/25/2014 7:29:00 PM

totally awesome. everybody should try it. ..

on 11/16/2014 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Aquaphor is amazing. I am currently on the acne.org regimen. I was about to quit because I could not stand how dry it made my under eyes and eyelids, even though I have never directly applied the acne. org benzoyl peroxide there. It has healed the skin around my eyes and I am continuing with acne. org. At night, I apply the benzoyl peroxide everywhere avoiding eyes. I then wipe under my eyes with a baby wipe and apply aquaphor all around my eyes. The next morning my eyes are moisturized, soft and makeup applies better. I hope this helps someone on the regimen or simply if you have extremely dry under eye skin.

First thing, yes this product is greasy, the main ingredient is petroleum so essentially it is just like vaseline so I don't get how people are complaining about the greasy feeling check the ingredients before you buy something, as for myself I have extremely dry skin all year on my face especially around my t zone so I am used to putting vaseline on my face, after a shower is best because my pores are more open so I'm not as greasy, but these past few days nothing works, my pharmacy recommended aqauphor which I had heard about but figured it's just like vaseline what's the difference, well that would be the added ingredients the mineral oil, an bisabolol which is what makes it different, those two ingredients is what helps PROMOTE HEALING, the bisabolol is what helps heal an the mineral oil is the moisturizer, petroleum is what helps some what moisturize, an protect your skin from further damage, its greasy because your skin cannot actually absorb it completely, petroleum is to thick, but for people like me with severe dry skin it's great for a light moisturizer if used in moderation, and a great overnight treatment. So far it has helped an this is day one of me using it, makeup also goes on smoother no dry, flaky patches, for someone addicted to Vaseline I will buy this again because Vaseline doesn't have the healing promoters like aquaphor, an its roughly the same price I would recommend this product although it's not for everyone.

on 11/4/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

very healing, nice occlusive :)