MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have alopecia universalis, so no eyebrow hair-- i really like this pencil and shade ( I've been purchasing since 2009) Applied with a light hand it's a light brown, i then apply med-heavy for darker shade. I use short feather strokes to apply my brows and this pencil does a pretty good job. Staying power is good as long as you don't rub your hand across, then it all comes off, somehow it mostly stays on with sweating just requires a touch up. The only thing I dislike is packaging, I wish you could see how much is left before realizing it won't click turn anymore!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Too harsh and unnatural looking on my eyebrows, plus the pencil is so fragile and prone to breakage even with light strokes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was my favorite for awhile but compared to my Anastasia Brow Wiz this is mediocre. The pencil has a much thicker point and creates too thick of a line at times. For a couple dollars more I would recommend Brow Wiz.

This is a really good brow pencil because it's very fine and it doesn't look harsh. It allows you to fill in the sparse areas very precisely and goes on very smoothly. I don't find that mine breaks off at all, but then I don't wind mine up too much. I don't like that you can't twist it back down because it's hard to tell how much product you have left. Overall, I love how quick and easy this is to use but I don't feel the price is justified.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my holy grail..eyebrown pencil...and yes..it last me only 2 n half mths..so i buy 4 at a time or so...but i started using lighter strokes...so it lasts longer...but the best ever...ive tried drugstore eyebrow pencils , other brands...but nothing can stray me from this stuff! ...I think MAC SHOULD..make it come in a pack set of 2....COME ON MAC ..STEP THE GAME UP!! LOL...gives u beat faced brows!!

This is one of the better brow pencils I've tried at first I was upset with it because mine ran out in a month so that sucked and then ran out to get another one and guess what this time I learned I didn't need much just light strokes and it's just perfect for my brows even though my brows are darker than this pencil it just looks so natural I love spiked so much!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Agreed, this is an awesome brow pencil! I was hesitant to repurchase to first time I ran out because I'm cheap lol, so I found a "dupe" on youtube. Let's just say in this case you get what you pay for. It goes on smooth,stays put, and blends very well in the brow. Try it was a brow groomer or finisher on top!

This is the best eyebrow pencil I have ever used, hands down. It is incredibly easy to sculpt with, to shape, and to fill. It also lasts FOREVER. The one I am currently using has been in my make up bag for 9 months and is still going, despite being used daily. For a product with this amount of longevity, £13 is an extremely reasonable price.

And even though I have light blonde hair, the colour looks excellent. I tint my brows to mid brown, and then use a small amount of Spiked to fill the ends and to create some definition at their fullest part.

All in all, amazing!

Normally with pencils, I try to buy on the lower end, but this is one product that I have yet to find a cheaper alternative for. I have blonde hair, but I dye my brows brown because I like a strong brow. When the dye starts to fade, I fill in with pencil for a few weeks before dying them again. I used to use powder and a brush, but bought this once at the mall on a whim. A month or two ago, I lost it, and have been making do with whatever I have around, but I got used to the convenience of the pencil. I tried using regular eyeliner, and even bought the maybelline define a brow thinking it would be a dupe. The regular eyeliner was annoying because it needed to be sharpened, and the maybelline was both too light and too warm for me. Back to MAC I go.

Bottom line, this pencil is great. The colors they have, including this one, are ash based just like brows should be. The slim auto pencil is convenient, and doesn't need sharpening. The only thing that would make this even better is if they included either the little comb like maybelline or the little brush like NYX and the other MAC brow pencil. As it is, I use wither a spoolie or my brow comb/brush combo thingie to blend the pencil.

Thank you so much to the person who posted the price breakdown for the MAC vs Maybelline. It makes me feel a whole lot better!

I have very thin eyebrows so I don't like leaving the house without filling them in a little, and this worked really well for me! I have really dark brown - almost black hair and picked "Spiked" because I didn't want my eyebrows looking noticeably light brown with Lingering. The only complaint I have about the packaging is that it's not retractable! So I had no idea how much was left and when I finally ran out (after about.. 8 months) I was really annoyed and unprepared.. but other than that I love that it's a small kind of mechanical pencil that doesn't need to be sharpened. You can also control how heavy it is applied quite easily, so by twisting up more of the crayon it's easier to get darker brows whereas I just twisted a little bit out so that I wouldn't have crazy drawn on brows. It's also quite blendable if you use a spoolie, and very natural looking. Didn't give this 5 stars because it doesn't stay on terribly well and also the whole un-retractable thing, but I'd still buy it again unless I find something better!

Popular Brows Products