August 28, 2014 | 1828 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by vixens97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got my first compact of this foundation from a girlfriend who got it as a gift. It was too pale for her...her loss is my gain. I hit pan on this product and immediately went looking for more...It is a bit steep in price for me normally but some how i keep managing to get it on sale from the Body Shop website. I can use shade 01 or 02 (try finding 01...almost impossible) I have oily skin and find the texture of this makeup perfect. It helps tame shine and lets my real skin come thru. I dont feel like I'm wearing a mask... I hate that. It lasts all day with minimal touch ups and works well with my moisturizer (often times the combo of foundation and moisturizer makes my face a slip and slide) I will continue to buy this wonderful product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this powder because it applies nicely to my skin and doesn't make the fine hairs on my face stand out too much compared to other powders I have tried before. It gives me a light coverage and hides my blemishes without being being too heavy for daytime (I rarely wear foundation in the day). I like the compact, however I can find it hard to flip from the sponge compartment to the mirror/powder part of the compact. I use a powder brush to apply this to my face instead of the sponge supplied, however I haven't tried using the sponge yet. I have also been told you can apply this wet for a fuller coverage, but I have also yet to try this. It was an expensive purchase but I feel it was worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by misshennie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I gave a try to this product during 50% sale and I didn't regret it at all. The texture is smooth and give me a matte finishing. I have normal-oily skin but it does not oxidize me, hence it also has good oil control. I use this after applying BB Cream.

For that price, I think it has a good staying power so I don't need to touch up so often. Don't worry, once you buy it, it will take longer for you to re-purchase. So, it's good deal to buy and give a try for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by MarandaSky

I absolutely loved Face Base when I first started using it, however I have experienced a lot of problems in the last few month with it. First of all it goes extremely fast and I have never made it through an entire container without it breaking or cracking, even when I didn't drop it or even carry it in my purse. It seems to get very cakey looking in the areas around the corners of my nose and in the lines around my eyes. I have used it for about 2 years and always used shade 04, but recently I have noticed that it will start to oxidize and turn orange around my hair line and eyebrows. Although it does provide pretty decent coverage, it does not last and has to be touched up after about 4 hours. Overall I will probably continue to purchase it for on the go touch ups but I will be finding a new everyday foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Little background of my skin: uneven skin tone due to acne and post acne marks, oily but dehydrated which is a huge issue for me. Therefore I need lots of coverage and using liquid foundation on its own doesn't help me, but using most pressed powders on top of a foundation emphasize my flaky dry skin.
So far, TBS all in one face base is the only pressed powder that gave me the desired finish.
I apply it with a fluffy powder brush to set my foundation, and it makes my skin look flawless, doesn't make it look more dry, but still looks matte. And it doesn't break me out! Thanks, The Body Shop!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Since my Mark Powderbuff Foundation has been getting down to the nitty-gritty, I'd been searching for a replacement that I don't have to order online. So I curiously stumbled into The Body Shop a couple weeks ago and have found myself in love with a bunch of their products, namely this one.

This costs $22 USD. A bit pricey, but TBS frequently has promotions and deals on their products, such as Buy 2, Get 1 Free, etc. Those are the best days to buy their make-up as their products are on the pricier side

The color selection isn't very plentiful as there are only 8 shades, and nothing is available for darker-skinned girls. My skin tone falls between Medium and Tan depending on the season (around an NC 40 in MAC) and the darkest shade (065) matches me quite well. It looked as though all the 7 shades besides the darkest one (mine) had a beige undertone while mine was the lone shade with a warm golden undertone.

I've used MAC Studio Fix PowderPlus Foundation in the past and I'd say that TBS All-In-One Face Base is very comparable in terms of texture and coverage. I buff this onto my face using a synthetic flat-top kabuki and it goes on wondrously smooth and does not look cakey at all. I love how it gives my complexion an even, creamy, and flawless look. In fact, I'd say this gives me the best coverage out of any powder foundation I've ever tried. When I use this in conjunction with my TBS Bronzing Powder in Deep Matte (04), the result for me is a very natural-looking healthy glow.

I live in a moderately hot area of California and am happy to report that this doesn't melt off my face in the heat or require multiple re-applications throughout the day. It is also very good to the oily-prone parts of my face (t-zone), which is very rare for me to find in a product.

One thing I do dislike is that this product lists Talc as its first ingredient, which is the main reason I stopped using MAC Studio Fix. But so far, I haven't noticed any breakouts and this foundation hasn't triggered my eczema.

A lot of reviewers have complained about the packaging, but I actually think the packaging is sleek and very cute.

This also does not contain any SPF, which does not bother me since I use an SPF 30 moisturizer every day before applying makeup. Foundations with SPF also tend to white-out your face in flash photography so the lack of SPF does not necessarily have to be a bad thing.

This is a great product, but I will most likely finish it up and then search for something that does not contain Talc.

But props to TBS for not testing on animals and for using fair-trade ingredients in their products.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Lizziemc

Only bought this yesterday but wish I'd found it years ago! I've always thought my skin was too dry (and wrinkly) for a powder foundation, but this has changed my mind. Granted it's not remotely dewy and it does give a "finished", slightly "made-up" look, which I had been trying to avoid. But I think I just have to accept that dewy foundations don't give me enough coverage - with some hyperpigmentation/sun damage on my cheeks and nose, and acne scarring on my chin, I need a bit more coverage.

The two other fantastic things about this product are that it LASTS really well (no touchups needed after several hours), and it really is a one-step product - two if you take my approach and apply with a damp sponge first in areas that need more coverage, then apply dry with a brush anywhere else that just needs mattifying. Will update if my opinion changes but this is - dare I say it - potential HG material!

UPDATE: Well I still love aspects of this, but am finding at the moment the finish is just a little too powdery, especially on my chin, and a little chalky... am researching MUA at the moment to see if I can find a similar powder makeup that's not quite so, er, powdery. Will update again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tatcuya114

Pros: great natural finish, hard to get cakey with this power, good packaging, good price

Cons: Made me broke out horribly, doesn't contain sun protection, average oil control function

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this foundation, however I do have a few small issues with it.

So let's start with the good: I've only ever used this as a pressed powder, dry with the Body Shop's mineral foundation brush, so I can't comment on how it performs when you use the damp sponge however as a powder it has a fantastic finish. It feels incredibly light on the skin, so light it doesn't feel like I'm wearing foundation. The coverage builds fairly quickly however it doesn't go orange or cakey, 045 is the perfect shade for me. It has a very natural looking finish however it does a really good job of covering my minor acne and redness. After using a tiny little bit of Natio liquid concealer over pimples and under-eye redness with this over the top, my skin looks virtually flawless. It lasts all day with pretty much no touch up required, and my oily skin experiences minimal shine.

My only complaint is that I seemed to run through my first one terribly quickly. I probably used it about 3-4 times a week, maybe more some weeks, but I didn't use it every day. I hit pan after about 4 weeks of use, and after I hit the pan it started disappearing incredibly fast and only lasted about 1.5 more weeks. It also started to crack once I hit pan, and the whole thing ended up crumbling as though I had dropped it! (Which I hadn't.) Considering as I had paid $35 for it, this annoyed me, however the foundation is such good quality that I decided to repurchase anyway. Would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Vanillablood

I have oily skin, with some dry bits (cheeks and chin) i tried this as a replacement for mac studio fix powder plus. i find mac too cakey and 'powdery' so i thought id try this. the colour options are quite pale id say im quite pale but i use no3 which is still pretty pale. first off i didnt really like the packaging but thats not a big deal for me don't care THAT much lol anyway so i used a primer and a little concealer under the eyes and on my slightly red cheeks then i tried buffing this on with a kabuki and i also tried blending with a sponge (not the sponge it came with too bulky!) i found the best way was to use both methods! i packed a fair bit on with a sponge then finished by blending with a kabuki. i needed to touch up around dinner but the best thing about this is its so light you can use it to touch up with out it being too visible or cakey. the coverage is sheer-full depending how much you use i tend to use concealer then build a medium coverage with the powder.