October 24, 2014 | 1564 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - soak 'n' float shampoo bar

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Quixim

I don't have a flaky scalp or particularly dry hair, so the only reason I got this is because it smelled like a campfire. And it does. And it makes everything smell like a campfire it's amazing. Whatever body wash I use, if it's fruits, it smells like a burning fruit orchard. If it's vanilla-ey, it smells like flaming vanilla bean pods.

While I can still smell it in my hair for a little bit after, it's not an incredibly overpowering scent (Although perhaps it's just my fine hair?), which is unfortunate for me because I really wish it was! If only they released this in perfume form!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by paprikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to be a huge fan of Lush. I really did. I thought they were a company that used all natural ingredients. I thought I was seeing a change in the mainstream industry.

However my last few purchases really did change my mind. Especially this shampoo bar. I was actively using a locally made shampoo that didn't contain harsh sulfates but it just wasn't effective on my dandruff. I went to a few shops and tried to look for two things (natual + fights dandruff) and just couldn't seem to find a shampoo that fit the bill.

I was travelling overseas soon as well so I wanted to buy something that was easy to carry. I finally remembered looking at Soak 'n' Float earlier, so one afternoon when I was in a mad dash, I bought this and American Cream conditioner in a small bottle.

I'm so disappointed. I remember the lady at the counter saying that Lush switched to a sulfate derived from coconut oil. Hmm, I thought to myself, it means it won't be as harsh right? Afterwards I did some reading and found out how very wrong I was and sulfates no matter where they derive from are over-drying because they still undergo a chemical process and end up as a synthetic ingredient.

So everytime I used this my hair was become squeaky clean and of course dried out as well. My dandruff has not gone away or even been decreased.

Also you cannot keep this shampoo bar in the shower. It will turn into a solid jelly as mine has and is now stuck in the tin.

Complely ineffective for me. I have just received two bottles of Phyto for dandruff and hoping it will be my saviour.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had itchy scalp for some time and had high hopes for this product because of all the good reviews saying that it worked instantly, but after using it for 3 times I saw no difference at all and I just can't stand the smell, it stinks (and my not usually picky with smells), it really stinks and the smell stays in my bathroom for a while.. I also think it weight down my hair and made it very dry so I'm not going to keep on using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This isnt a smell for everyone. It smells like a campfire. I'm not a huge fan of this smell but it helps with my scalp, so well in fact I bought it for my boyfriend who suffers from extreme dandruff and yeast build up. It works instantly for him. Thank you lush !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS A GOD-SEND. I have always suffered from irritated, itchy, dry, flakey scalp. It gets almost painful. I have tried everything from Neutrogena to Pert Plus to Aveda Scalp Therapy. Nothing else has worked so instantly or thoroughly. This shampoo is amazing! Wet your hair, wet the bar, and rub once or twice over your hair. It lathers up huge and you can just work it into your hair and scalp. I personally love the campfire-like smell, which will fill your shower and bathroom. However, the smell does not linger on the hair after your hair dries. If you don't like the smell so much, no worries there. My bf loves this as well. I will never go back to anything else!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by bschoolbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I liked this product, it did seem to help with my dandruff and make my scalp less itchy. The smell was strong but I got used to it after a week or so. However, threee weeks in my scalp got way worse! I was getting even more dandruff than I had before and my scalp itched like crazy -- I think it is very drying. Definitely will not repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

This is overwhelming at the start, certainly; the smell of burning wood will take over your bathroom, and if you have an aversion to the scent of wood and smoke, I won't be able to convince you to use this, no matter how much I'll rave about the results. As for me, I happen to like the smell of firewood, although, admittedly, this stuff is insanely potent, and I really wondered if past reviewers were right - would the scent every die away?

Turns out, they were right, and they were even more correct about the incredible results this shampoo provided. At the turn of every season, I seem to suffer from those dreaded flakes, especially at my hairline. I've used several different anti-dandruff shampoos, the best of which was Nizoral, but I never found it cost-efficient. It also smelled medicinal, which, believe it or not, I find worse than the campfire scent of Soak N Float.

Give this stuff time, and the smell will die down. It won't be so strong, and believe me, it doesn't linger in the hair, especially if used with a conditioner (which is necessary). This fact has been supported by my family, who all have supersonic smelling abilities - they all agree. After I rinse this out and blowdry my hair, my locks are left super silky, shiny, bouncy, and best of all, flake-free. After consistent use (after about a week), my problem is completely gone. One puck lasts a long time, too, and I use this daily. It also lathers like a dream. I'll keep using this as long as Lush keeps making it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Sarita360

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bar stinks. It really, really stinks. The pine, burnt-tar smell lingered on my wet hair, slightly on my dry hair (even after using a scented conditioner) and even hung in the air down the hall from my bathroom 6 hours after I took a shower.

But it's effective and it actually left my hair looking shinier and more manageable. The product lathers really well if you wet your hair and scalp well, part hair and run the bar down the scalp in 5-6 different spots, and then use fingers to massage it into the scalp. I leave it on for 10 minutes while I exfoliate my body, then rinse very well and use a light conditioner.

My moderately-thick yet fly-away hair is shinier and less fly-away than when using other shampoos. My itchy scalp is relieved and flaking is greatly reduced. I would def purchase this again, but I would not use it every day or your hair will smell bad. I use it 3 times a week max.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in an attempt to control my flaky scalp. Recently (whether due to the warm, humid weather, or because of my usual hair products) I have had an increased flakes. NOT ATTRACTIVE!!! I thought about this product, but thought that the smell might be too much for me. When I used it the first time I was horrified to find that my hair smelled like a campfire as it dried. The next morning, though, the smell was gone and so were most of my flakies. My hair was left beautifully soft and shiny, and my curls were sitting nicely. I have used it regularly since then and the smell has decreased, but its effectiveness hasn't. It really is the best thing I've ever used for dandruff. Better than any chemical/medicated shampoo that I've tried. It has also made my ends less dry.

If your hair has a lot of build up or oil, I recommend washing twice, as the shampoo won't later very well the first time. I love the fact that it's solid and I believe that it will last me an age.

I store the shampoo in an old black lush container to control the smell, but after I use it I leave it out to dry.

If you have dandruff I would highly recommend you try this product. Try to ignore the very strong smell, because the result more than makes up for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by chococatbeauty79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

......This has done wonders for getting rid of my flakes....I do use another shampoo,conditioner and intensive treatment(Doo Grow mega thick).... along with this product....as for the smell, it reminds me of Dax's tar hair grease(if you have kinky hair....your mother most likely used this on your scalp....very well known in the African-American community)....unlike other reviews before mine.....it did not smell up my house.....and I left it in my lush tin uncovered overnight, so it could dry......and, the little herbs did not get stuck in my hair... I LOVE IT.....