The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

on 3/10/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

amazing stuff.
amazing scent.
summer in a tub.

i like this the best because it transfers you to a tropical beach lying on sunbed wearing bikini with pinacolada on one hand and margarita on the other and when you deeply inhale that heavenly coconut scent it's like you can feel the breeze of the ocean. i'm addicted to it that i also own the body mist.
it moisturizes my dry skin really well. i only need to use this twice a week, sometimes once. (noted, i live in tropical city).

i can't find one bad thing about this body butter except maybe the consistency is more like shea than mango, i wish it can be more like mango, sometimes it hardened when the weather is cold, not so easy to scoop out cause it will get under my nails.

on 3/3/2014 7:35:00 PM

This is amazing for those who have very dry skin! I don't and that's why I would not repurchase again, my skin is normal and doesn't need more than a body lotion (if I remember to use it). It takes a long while to absorb into my skin.
The smell is amazing!!! A bit pricey though.

on 3/3/2014 6:52:00 PM

Wow, this stuff is super concentrated and super hydrating. It smells clean and fresh (and a little bit sweet) without being too strong or too artificial, and it does everything it's supposed to do. If you're looking for a good hydrating body butter, this one seems to work a bit better than the others from the body shop (not sure why, maybe a difference in formula?).

on 1/14/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

One of my favorite body butters from TBS. Love this scent for summer.

on 12/27/2013 4:50:00 AM

the smell is amazing. it smells like real coconuts and i love wearing it in summer. its very creamy and mousturizing. deff one of my favourites :)

on 12/23/2013 4:56:00 PM

this body butter IMO is the richest n thickest in consistency than any other body butters of the body shop..n the runner up in such consistency is i guess is the mango one..functionally its a best friend in winter ive noticed that it smoothes out the wrinkly appearance of my hands in the cold season n also softens my skin..it takes a little time to sink in though..already bought it for the second time. not a fan of its scent though maybe cuz im not fond of coconuts or mayb ive used this product more than often.. its too sweet for my taste. the smell isnt bother some but the product is good. the best time to use it is just out of the shower n let it sink. this gives better results n dont use it over other moisturizers bcuz then it gets all gooey so even when trying out the tester in the shop make sure u dont have ne thing prior on ur hands or else u wont gather a genuine opinion about it

on 11/28/2013 10:19:00 PM

Love this product. Smoothed my extremely dry skin on body instantly! Smells nice as well. If its hot outside, I would not recommend applying this product. For some reason when it is hot and humid, this butter has a hard time absorbing into your skin. However, I recommend this for the winter season. I buy the small travel sizes which cost $5 at Ulta. The large containers are priced around $30 which I wouldn't spend. The travel sizes last awhile. The consistency is so creamy and smooth, you would really think this was butter! Like I said, try in winter months.

on 11/5/2013 9:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The smell is alright. It's not as sweet as the coconut scents I usually go for, but it doesn't give me a headache at least. The formula is very moisturizing and works great on my hands. I doubt I'd buy this again though. I feel I can find something that smells much better.

on 11/2/2013 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The most artificial coconut smell ever !!! Honestly even cheap coconut fragrance from a pound shop smell better !!! As a moisturiser work ok like most TBS butters but from ALL the body butters from this brand i've tried this is the worst ever smell.

on 10/28/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

really tacky feeling when I use this product! don't believe coconut butter is good for oily skin either! really didn't like this product at all!!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products