October 1, 2014 | 1005 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by anniemcbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This has to be my favourite moisturizer ever. The smell is heavenly and it absorbs really well. I use it in the morning and do not need to apply it again during the day. The claim of being a 24-hr moisturizer is definitely true!

I had a friend with bad eczema who had no luck with prescription moisturizers and medications so I suggested this product to her. Although she (and I) did not like the price, she said it worked wonders.

Of all the body butter scents offered by The Body Shop, I think this one is the best. It reminds me of summer all year long.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I bought this as I was checking out at Ulta, you know they have all sorts of small little things near the checkout? Anyways, I usually like the small travel size tubs of body butter so I can keep in my purse and use. Not exactly sanitary but I use it anyway. I desperately needed a good hand cream and so I use this at work cause the soap in the bathroom is super drying. Anyways, I thought I liked the coconut smell, it does smell a tinge chemically, and I had my boyfriend smell it and he's said it smells like rancid s***. I smelled it again, and I don't know, it has the potential to I guess. He smelled it out of the tub. Anyways, the reason I give it 2 stars cause I noticed it causes acne! On my chin, lower jaw, near my lips. Since I use this on my hands and at work normally, I sit at my desk and I rest my chin and jaw on my hands. I was wondering why I was breaking out so much only in those areas, it's this body butter! Thankfully, I didn't use this on my chest or back cause then we would have major problems. Anyways, good way to know that your hand lotion might be causing your acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by madaisy

This body butter lasted so long, it's amazing how it hydrates my skin, for every season, and the smell is delicious and sensual! Everyone smells me and adore me ;-)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by NellieX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the smell of this product, but it doesn't compare to other Body Butters (especially TBS Olive Body Butter). It has a nice, summery beach smell, but I find the butter does not absorb well. Even though it says it's for extra dry skin, I don't find it that moisturizing. I find myself having to put a lot of it on, and it's just wasteful. For now, I only use it on my feet (glop it on, put on some cotton socks, and watch some tv while it soaks in), but by the next day my feet are hard and dry again. It's too bad, but I will buy Body Butter in other scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ninaflorezbowling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love keeping this container of body butter right by my bedside. Every night before bed time i moisturized my hands and this scent is so rich and soothing that it actually calms me and puts me to sleep. The coconut is very rich and moisturizing, very good for dry feet as well (helped with calluses)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

Have repurchased this product over and over again. I keep it on my nightstand and apply to my hands, feet, and legs before bed. Always keeps my skin soft and in tip top shape, and the scent always brings me to the beach...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I love the smell of coconut so this smells amazing! Doesn't have that nasty artificial smell.

I use this product when I get out of the shower, and it leave my skin sooooo soft and doesn't leave it greasy at all! Plus the smell lasts quite a while on skin, which I love! Although it's quite pricey in Australia (200 ml for $30)

Regardless I love it!! Since I'm going into winter this will definatly be my best friend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ellyay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It can be really greasy, just a warning for potential buyers. I use it for my legs when they get dried out, right after a shower. I've found if I put it on then, it sinks in better. Smells great too!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Gonelvik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It smells of raw coconuts, not that artificial smell but real coconuts. The smell stays on the skin for hours, even the day after. The texture is very thick and hard to rub in. The cream didn't absorb, just stays on top of the skin and makes me feel greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been lemming this for ages finnaly got the 300 ml tub although expensive $15 its absolutly heaven in a tub it hydrates my chronically dry skin and leaves it soft and radiant looking the smell is divine Its a very sharp smell of pure coconut and a subtle hint of vannila unlike other body lotions the smell usually Dissipates after an hour or so this lasts forever infact the smell gets more pleasant as it settles in the skin this is just true indulgence at its best.