August 23, 2014 | 933 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Lineur Intense

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by vbaime2

This liquid liner is actually really good. It's dark and precise and lasts for months. The one that I purchased was felt tip and I worked very well for me. I have very oily eyelids and even when I would not use it with primer (which was eveytime), it still lasted allll dayy. It stayed in tact from when I used it in the hot summer to the cold winter. I love it, get it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by meghab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was previously using Tarte's Amazonian Clay eyeliner (the one in the pot and comes with a brush), but I had let it dry it out by accident so it was starting to flake. I decided that I wanted to go back to liquid (as the Tarte product is really more of a cross between a gel and a cream) and that I wanted something a little cheaper.

Since I had seen so many people rave about the Lineur Intense in Carbon Black, I thought that it would be any easy choice, especially as it was much more reasonable at about $10 CAD.

I purchased the one with the brush because I usually prefer using a brush over a felt tip. Unfortunately, the brush is a little too flexible for my taste so you definitely have to be careful in applying. Otherwise, application was fairly easy.

I really liked the colour payoff - really intense dark line. I love black eyeliner because I find that with light eyes (blue) all I really need for a daily look is a light peachy beige eyeshadow and some liner to really make my eyes stand out. Definitely, made my eyes pop in one simple step.

Here is where the review takes a turn for the worse. I have two major complaints about this product: 1) it takes forever to dry and 2) flakes extremely quickly.

When I apply my liquid liner, I usually do factor in some time for it to dry, but even after applying powder, blush, and finishing my brows (approximately 2 minutes when I am extremely slow - speed is the name of the game at 6:30) the liner still wasn't dry. This creates a definite problem when you want to quickly curl lashes and apply mascara.

Second issue is the flaking. Despite wearing primer, this product just came off. It wasn't even at the end of the day - more like at least a couple of hours in. I couldn't give an exact time of wear as I don't look in a mirror all day long. I decided to try wearing a black pencil liner underneath to help hold the colour, but this didn't work either. The pencil filled in the gaps, but due to the extremely intesne colour of the liquid liner, it still looked patchy.

Overall nice effect, but just impractical for me as it didn't satisfy my main criteria for products - long lasting, no flakes, quick dry time, and ease of application.

Sorry, L'Oreal. You make nice products, but I have to disagree with everyone who loves this liner. I'm going to have to try again with something different.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by keekz

I am quite the makeup junkie, and have tried many liquid, gel, cream, and pencil liners and this liner is by FAR the best one I have ever used.

The price is a bit steep as i find most of L'Oreal's products, but the colour payoff is absolutley great. You will not find a liner that is darker than this stuff! It makes my brown eyes pop no matter what. I don't really like the brush itself for creating a wing as its a bit flimsy? But overall it's a great staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by makeupndesign

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with L'Oreal Lineur Intense in the brush tip version, Black Noir! I have been using this liner for the last 20 years...yes that long. I am dating myself. I sadly consider my self a makeup snob and primarily use higher end brands, but this is has been my staple liquid liner forever. The staying power is fantastic, color deep and intense, and the brush tip creates the most perfect cat eye liner. 5 stars!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by tampants

I really love this eyeliner, it's extremely easy to apply and has great lasting power. I bought the one with the felt tip, in black. It's not very expensive and the packaging is ok too, of the 3 that I've bought none have cracked or anything like that. I'm definitely buying another when this one runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by nikkinikki92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this Eyeliner!
IT's HG for me! I only use it on my top lids though.
It's honestly like the blackest, most easy to use liquid ive ever used
I will always get this one

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by puppygirl444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS EYELINER !!!!!! it's easy to use and is long lasting ! i even forgot to remove my make before i went to sleep, and it was still there is the morning !! it does bleed a little if you put it on then curl you lashes right away, so i recommend you wait a while to curl your lashes. Also if you accidentally rub your eyes (im always constantly doing this :$) then the eyeliner just rubs off, unlike other eyeliners, other eyeliners usually make you look like a raccoon if you rub them. One of my fave thing about this liner is that if you make a mistake you can just rub it off with your finger instead of using make up remover :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This item has been on my "buy & try" list for quite some time. I finely got around to purchasing it on sale ($9.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart) and honestly disappointed in this liner. I do appreciate and like the fine felt tip which makes application a breeze and the colour is richly pigmented, but the wear was terrible. Flaked and smudged all day which is nasty and annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Lexm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really dark and dries with a glossy finish.I've never used liquid eye-liner before and now I actually find it easier then pencil! My hand eye co-ordination is horrible, I can't paint my nails cause my hands shake, so the felt tip makes things easier to control. It has decent staying power but it tends to flake after a day of wear. It also takes a while to dry which I actually like cause I mess up so much haha

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kaylaarias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the brush-tip version of this eyeliner in black. I've been using it for a few years now and I LOVE it, it's the only liquid eyeliner I use. It can be hard to control the brush and that makes it difficult to make a precise line. It also tends to run a bit and gets in my eyes and eyelashes if it's too close to the lashline. A packaging problem is that the tube often gets pulled out which can be messy and annoying. After a little while it tends to crumble and flake so I always wear it with eyeshadow and a cheap pencil eyeliner underneath, which helps it to stick and also helps to make a more accurate line. Flaws aside it's a great color and I love the brush tip because I find that felt tips never work for me. It's pretty expensive (I think it's about $9 USD) but it gets the job done.