November 22, 2014 | 950 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Fragrance-Free Elderflower Eye Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

I'm giving 5 lippies because this product serves its purpose in my skincare routine. I've been using this eye gel since my teens - back then I hoped it would reduce dark under-eye circles, but when it didn't, the refreshing effect was enough for me to repurchase. Now that I'm not particularly fussed about my dark circles, I like using this at night, and sometimes on days when I'm not wearing eye makeup. It's really hydrating and gentle, and I feel very refreshed after applying it. It's also good for humid tropical climates, I think - it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or heavy. I've never used any eye treatment daily and can't be bothered to, and I don't have a problem with puffiness, so I have no idea what effect daily use would have. But I find myself using this several times a week, and plan to keep it on hand as a pick-me-up.

Updated 2014: I kind of got out of the habit of using eye products shortly after I wrote this video, so I stopped buying / using this. I've started using eye stuff again (fears about ageing, urgh), but don't need the hydration so much and am trying other eye creams, so I won't repurchase this - I'd probably use it so infrequently that it would go back before I got through the pot.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by cottonpop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this gel is unperfume, not expensive, it really doesn't do anything much for me. It's not very moisturizing, it's very gentle but I don't even use it everyday...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by lemonjump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not effective to my dark circles at all, BUT it is perfect as a LIP rescue mask!!! It doesn't moisture my eyes, but it works immediately for my dry lips!!! just put thick layers on your lips and it will dry after a while. It tastes badly, but it works!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

I use this like sealing gel. I will use a richer moisturizer (I use Vit E night cream on eyes area) then followed by this gel. It help to seal up the moisturizer and I feel like my eyes area more moisturized.

It helps to reduce the puffiness on my eyes area and soothe the skin.

Would buy this again, since it is very reasonably price. Only 1 -ve point, the packaging sucks.

Updated on 20-Mar-2010: I just bought another bottle. This is great stuff. Will continue buying:):)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by rawscientist

I noticed that it doesn't do wonders for women who are more than 30 or 35. I guess it depends on your skin. For me it actually works and I can see the effect in 2-3 minutes. It's really great. My skin is a mixed typed and it's not hard to treat at all. I definately recommend it for women who are under 30 or who have a skin which is easy to maintain your skin almost perfect. I do have problems with dark circles and this gel helped me narrow down the circle. Huge visible effects occurred after 2 weeks of using it. I bought it from France when I was on a trip and now I'm going to look for it at our local Body Shop.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I went to The Body Shop a week or so ago and came across this eye gel. I dabbed my finger into the tester and really liked the cooling sensation on my hand and I noticed the $10 price tag. So, I was like why not? It's not super expensive. I put it on in the morning because I usually have a bit of puffiness and dark circles. I like how it cools and feels nice and tingly but it does nothing! It doesn't moisturize, reduce dark circles, reduce puffiness etc at all. It just sits there, sinks in and that's it. It doesn't even prime the skin around my eyes well. Okay, so it's cheap but I'd rather have got something else for $10 that's a hell of a lot more useful than this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 2:26:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This gel works on sensitive skin like mine. Have been using it for 2 weks now and i've noticed a reduce in puffiness. Not moisturising enough for night time or under makeup use though, so i need to use a primer under my eyemakeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

It literally does nothing, not hydrating, no firming, nothing at all. Though it is cheap among all the eye products out there, I still feel it is way too expensive because I spend my money for nothing. The only good thing about this product is that it does not cause skin seeds around my eyes no matter how much I use it, which I consider is because it contains no nutritions to my skin around eyes. I will never buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by isenen

I use this product only to releive the dryness after my night routine. 'cause I don't like using an intensive eye cream at night as it makes my eyes puffy in the morning. I sometimes use it for my lips too but it gets sticky when you use more than you need.
It's not suitable to use under make-up (for it's sticky). It's not expensive but don't bother if you need a real eye treatment.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by monkymia

It dose not do much to your eyes; not hydrating it, not decrease puffiness. There must be something that is better than this.