July 25, 2014 | 965 users online

Loose Powders - Clinique - Blended Face Powder and Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST POWDER EVER. If you have extra-oily skin like me, this powder is a must. I have it in invisible blend, and it's all you need on top of whichever foundation you are using. It makes my pores completely disappear (and they are huge by the way) and keeps my make up shine free for much longer than any other powder - pressed or loose. When I feel brave enough, I wear it alone over a bit of pore minimizer (usually clinique's) and it gives an amazing glow. To avoid the mess created by the powder every time I open the cap, I use a powder puff on the sieve and a bit of tissue on top of the puff, to make sure the powder cannot escape when I close the cap. Trust me, it works! When I need heavier coverage, I use it with a powder puff, but most of the time I am using it with the little brush - I am petite, and the size of the brush feels fine to me ;-) Overall, this is one of the few products that I keep buying - I have done that 3 times so far, and it lasts for absolute ages too. Great product for oily skin, cannot live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Centcent

So pleased I found this. I have oily, tan skin and ride my bike everyday so shine control is a big issue for me. I wanted something transparent so I don't have to worry about matching my skintone during winter or summer.

At $25 (Canada) for 34 grams I don't know why people are saying this is $$$! You get so much for your dollar!

I've been using this stuff lately just over a tinted moisturizer and it helps reduce the appearance of pores, fine lines and bumps! It's melts into your skin! It keeps shine at bay for a good while but after a while it returns. Can't blame it, I bike and walk every where in this heat!

Goodbye foundation hello Clinique loose powder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by prettyseaeagle

This loose powder is sadly underrated! When buffed on with a loose fluffy brush, this gives the most flawless finish to my skin and works well with a variety of liquid foundations and BB creams in my stash. Oil control is commendable but after a few hours I do look a little dewy (not shiny). This also blends in well with my liquid products so it does not make me look caked-up or powdery. I am NC20 and I use 08 Transparency Neutral.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by mka87

I stumbled across a sample of this in my mums makeup drawer. I asked her if she was using it and she said no, I could have it. Great. This powder is fabulous and so much longer lasting than my usual MSFN which on reflection slides off my face. (That said, I do like it with my Studio Fix Fluid so it's not been given the chuck yet!) The Clinique Blended Powder keeps me matte all day. I use this both over foundation and on it's own. It's beautiful. It *might* have caused me a wee breakout but I'm not 100% if it's due to the Powder. Given how well tested Clinique products are, I'm hoping not. Time will tell. It's £20 which is a little pricey but for the size of product you get, it's a fabulous investment. It's a little messy but all powders, for me, are. You just have to be careful. Overall, I like it a lot.

EDIT** Oh. This broke me out, and after a few hours slid off my face much like my MSF Natural. Hmm. A shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Rockkrock

I've been using this product daily for OVER 2 YEARS now! There's still half of the powder left, I'm thinking this will last me another two years!

I used to use drug store translucent powders, but those really don't last nearly as long as cliniques loose powder! It really sets everything in place, and at the end of the day I get a dewy glow!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by yemyesilkurbaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product together with Clinique tinted moisturiser, so that I could cover up my shiny areas when I need more perfection rather than a natural look.
I don't have a oily skin (in fact I have a dry skin) that needs lots of blotting / refreshing. My nose however tends to get a little bit shiny and that's when the powder comes in. It only keeps shine at bay for two or three hours though...
It has a nice colour (03 transparency) that blends very well in to your natural complexion. You have to be careful not to apply too much because it tends to be greyish in the sunshine when it builds up.
I know the packaging is mostly the same for all loose powders out in the market, but I'd prefer a little more compactness. Powders are supposed to be for touch-ups after all, what's the point of a powder you canít throw in your bag when leaving home?
It's a decent product with no flaws but does no special job either. I'd like to discover some other product once this is finished.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by LenaOfDC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have fair olive skin and it's usually IMPOSSIBLE for me to find anything that doesn't look orange, pink or muddy on my skin by lunch time. I have purchased and returned so many products because of this.This stuff (20 translucent) looks different - almost gray in the jar. At noon I looked in the mirror there were no jaw line color differences, no puddles, nothing!

I don't know how it would work with foundation because I just used concleaer under my eyes and on some scars and wore this over it. I just look like I have awesome matte, but not not overly dry, skin. My new HG.

Highly recommended, especially for those that have trouble finding a match for olive or yellow skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by walshlette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I heard great reviews about the powder on here only to be disappointed.

I'm incredibly fair with auburn hair and blue eyes. My skin is generally clear and spot free, but I've got combination skin and an uneven skin tone. I generally use transluscent powders and after my previous No7 Loose Powder had run out I thought it was high time I had a change.

How I regret spending that £20.

I got it in 20 Invisable Blend - the lady assured me that it was transluscent and wouldn't add any colour to my pale, cool toned face.

I tried some, and it felt wonderful, so silky and light. Bought it immediately.

However, in the literal light of day the powder is a horrid beige-orange and just clags up my skin. I'm now stuck with £20 worth of powder I can't use as it's too dark for my skin.

It's NOT invisable, and does not blend. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by makeupforeverandever13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I went to Sephora looking for a new loose powder. The lady that helped me reccomended Transparency 3. This turned out to be a GREAT match for my skin color. The powder itself goes on smoothly and doesn't look chalky - just very natural. However, the brush that it comes with is terrible - hence the one lippie off, because I wish the brush was better! but that's okay, I just apply it with my powder puff instead. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by TradeWinds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this powder years ago in Transparency 3. However, I realized number 8 is really best for my skin & blends so naturally it looks like it's my own. It really IS my HG. I'm 51. Never used liq foundation, have clear skin, but want to fine-tune it. It really gives a beautiful finish. I love this powder. Perfection. The brush however.. too small.