March 3, 2015 | 1185 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lovethekings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Used to love this for my face until I read that it does more harm than good in the long run. Still, it's not too bad to use on your body and it's cheap. I use it on areas that I get waxed to prevent ingrown hairs and it does a decent job.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ThePetiteRunner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every single esthetician I have ever gone to has told me to avoid using this stuff like the plague! The small pieces meant to exfoliate are not evenly shaped and cause small tears and disruptions on the skin. Perhaps it would be okay for the body, but not a sensitive place like your face.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is way too harsh for my face. Used it for my body a couple times- don't really think it did anything for the few spots I get on my back now and then... and didn't notice any increased smoothness anywhere else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by adorkablewun

I really enjoy this scrub! It's perfect for the body if your face is too sensitive because the scrub is very coarse and grainy. The smell is quite pleasant. It leaves your skin feeling clean and smooth. Great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by mrsbrazik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great BODY exfoliater I would never use this on my face, the apricot bis cause micro tears into your skin. Please do your research before you decide to use this as a face scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

meh. smells lovely, doesn't harm the environment as plastic bead ones....but it doesn't lift much dead skin, it does wash off all the oil on my skin but that's it. it doesn't take any of my whiteheads or lumps away even if I repeatedly use it. it does though clean my face well, but this isn't a cleanser...so doesn't do what it's meant to do which is exfoliate

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by sarahi15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hurts when i use to use it. good exfoliation does not have to be painful!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by bymysoultosqueeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the texture, its rough but not too corse, leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. Dead skin is gone , smells good and the price is great!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by sophoconnorxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Possibly THE best face scrub I have ever used! Awesome for people with oily skin, also very exfoliating and helped my skin loads. I have a combination skin type, overall an amazing product for me!
Smells so good (even though I am not a huge fan of apricot!)
And the packaging looks appealing!
I recommend this scrub!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Papillon999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this product for the ease of use and the way it makes my skin so dewy and soft after each use. It clogs my pores each and every time I use it and end up picking (very gently, no nails) at my white heads the day after the scrub. I end up with white heads in places I had not before. Always been very gentle when scrubbing and never exceeded a minute. Rinsed it off extremely well after each use. Has someone found anything non pore clogging? I read on the Internet that scrubbing excites the sebaceous glands and they end up producing more sebum. It's true in this case.

Edit: Used white sugar dissolved with a bit of water. Did this only once so far. Left my face dewy soft with no whiteheads the next day. Bye-bye St-Ives!