December 20, 2014 | 1523 users online

Eyeliner - Estee Lauder - Automatic Eye Pencil Duo

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in khaki and the color itself is beautiful, but it's very irritating as the eyeliner simply doesn't stay on. After using the attached smudger, i have to put more on because the first application is gone. Regardless, within a few hours it seems to have disappeared anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by eyelovemakeup88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

okay i really LOVE estee lauder but NOT this product it has nice and easy application and nice texture and it stays on a nice amount of time but what gets me upset is when other ppl end up telling me that my eyeliner is on my lower lid! so unfair way to much for 23.50 not worth buying if the product is going to travel around to places it does not need to be

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by mishl102891

Glides on very nicely, but smudges and comes off easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ChristinaSF

This eye pencil gives a fattish line that's very smudgable. I find it good for a more natural eye look. For work I wear a neutral shadow with a very smudged khaki line. It brings out the green flecks in my hazel eyes without looking too obvious.

The pencil is expensive, but comes with two tips (~$22). The refills come individually (~$12).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by jackie84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really wanted to like this. super expensive. smears everywhere. eh. i'll go back to my ULTA liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2007 9:28:00 PM More reviews by lovelove999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Usually I am not a fan of Estee Lauder products, IMO opinion they are extremely overpriced and i've never seen good results, BUTTTT this is wonderful! It is great quality, lasts FOREVER and comes with a refill. I definately recommend :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by xtinastyles

I used this years ago and went back to it because of the innovative design and convenience.

Pros:
No need for sharpening
Comes with an extra refill
You can mix and match another color or lip liner on the bottom
Theres a smudger at the bottom, no need for another brush

Cons:
Formula doesn't stay very long, creates smudges under eyes
The smudger is a little too pointed/long
The pencil tends to get round instead of sharp, but that is true of all automatic pencils.

Overall: Excellent value for the money. You will have this one for a year or so. I just wish the formula would last longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 9:11:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I canít help but fall back on eye pencils whenever Iím in a rush or too lazy to use my gel liners and brush. Ultaís automatic liner had been my trusty ally, but itís not without its faults as it always seems to transfer onto my upper eyelids after a few hours. I thought this eye liner would be infinitely better as itís, oh hella more expensive. I knew it wouldnít be as good as gel liners, naturally, but I acquired it pretty darn cheaply and hey, I can always use more black eye liner. Happy to report this is way better than Ultaís equivalent. I have this in Jet Black and itís a pretty nice black color though not super duper intense black. The pencil itself is thicker, a sleek shiny dark blue, and comes with a capped smudger at the end. The product itself is a bit thick so you have to be mindful to apply it lightly to achieve a more precise line. The smudge tip of made of pretty resilient spongey material and I canít imagine it disintegrating any time too soon. The lasting power is noticeably better than Ultaís (about the same as Revlonís Colorstay eye liner, I believe), but of course it fails within minutes on waterline. Nonetheless, itís my new ďquick and easyĒ eye liner. Donít think I would repurchase this though because letís face it Ė gel liners are still king.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

One of my favorite automatic eye pencils and the smudger is great. Goes on smooth and makes my eyes really pop. I'm not too crazy about the lighter, softer colors like gray, though. It doesn't go on as evenly as the darker shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by jayzeefish

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for years. I love the eyeliner, but am not happy with the current plastic pencil which replaced the metal ome. The refills are not interchangeable as I found out when I purchased a refill. It did not fit my "old" metal pencil so I had to purchase a whole new pencil. Leave it to Lauder to make changes.