October 24, 2014 | 913 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Boi-ing

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by koolvjs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all, the price is insanely high; something like over $35 in Australia !!
I'd read about the mixed reviews on this concealer, and I have to say, I found it was alright when I first tried it, but then I broke out only in the areas I used it. I thought it was just a phase and my skin was acting up. But I kept using it and I have to say, it did break me out every time.
I found it quite difficult to blend, especially since I had to use my fingers to get the product out of the pot, and when I used it under my eyes, it caked really easily so I had to use a really small amount. It also clung to my dry patches which is definite no-no.

Overall, I think this product would be best suited to someone who has normal skin; doesn't have dry skin or acne-prone because of the reasons states above. Thus, I would probably find a better concealer for my skin type at the drugstore, waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by saem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Benefit will always get a 5/5 for packaging, I'm always really in love with the boxes they're stuff comes in. I love this concealer, however the way it goes onto skin makes it very easy to become cakey. I find this a very thick product so you need to watch how much you use. Also, I find that it made me skin look very shiny and oily after being in a little sunlight or heat. over all this is fantastic for a full coverage look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this concealer in the shade 01 light, i'm pretty pale with warmth to my skin. I was a bit skeptical on trying this concealer because it gets mixed reviews. I'm surprised I haven't tried this concealer before because I love Benefit and this is a pretty popular concealer. I have to say, it's great! The packaging isn't ideal because it's a pot and isn't the most sanitary, but it's not bad enough to affect my review. This is one of those concealers that I think is good for underneath and eyes and on zits, which is awesome, because who wants to have to use two concealers?! It's really creamy, but not too creamy where it just slides right off, and is a great consistency. It's blendable and has great full coverage as well. Love and reccommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by KellyFitzhugh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

uuugh i really liked this at first because the coverage is amaazing (i've been using it to cover my post-acne red marks) and it looks pretty natural and once it is on it stays there! BUT it seems like every time i wear it i feel a new pimple forming like halfway through the day! so i read about it and it has mineral oil in it? which might be the culprit, but either way this stuff is great but it might break you out if you are acne-prone :( i pretty much stopped using it and haven't really broken out since then so i think this is where the problem was. BUMMER but worth a shot for sure if your skin is more resilient than mine or tolerates mineral oil well or whatever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaddictt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a lot of acne scarring and some present acne, this did a decent job covering my scars when i applied it with my fingers. One thing is that it clings to dry patches and it does feel abit cakey when having it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Snugsack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product! Covers up redness and those overnight little devil spots that come up once in a while that really make you wana scream WHYYYYYY!!!

[I have read that some people like using this as an under eye concealer and to be honest I think Erase Paste is better for that because this product can get cakey very very easily and is meant more for the face.] I originally did buy it for an under eye concealer but stopped using it there due to the cakeyness it caused. It is however, great to cover up blemishes and what not.

I just need to dab this on once or twice if I have a little devil to cover up and it really just disappears...If you do look ultra close however you can see the texture but it is not really visible at all, especially if you've got a full set of makeup going on, but can be warn with the more natural approach.

However, it does contain mineral oil unfortunately which is a big no-no for a lot of people, and I think this product is not suitable for people with really sensitive skin. Definitely give it a go if you can test it out before you buy it and see if your skin reacts to it.

This is the best concealer for me personally and for my skin type that I have come across that honestly just made my life a lot easier. It lasts all day.

I do not recommend this for people who have a lot of stuff they want to cover up because of the fact that it has mineral oils in it and I fear that if it is used in large amounts daily it could harm the skin.

This product in my opinion is only suitable for people who don't have much skin problems but have those once-in-a-while morning surprises when they get out of bed. Take care girls and boys! Hope my review helped xox

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by likestarry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this concealer a lot. The price is quite steep, but that's to be expected for a high end brand. This was my first expensive concealer, and I have the usual to cover; dark circles, acne scars, blemishes, etc.
I am VERY pale, so the shade "Light 01" matches my skin basically perfectly. The pot is quite small - and the packaging pretty standard, considering (just a plain black pot with a see-through lid to see the colour, so, eh in my opinion) - but will last a fair amount of time I reckon, as I've had mine a few months now and there's only a small dent in the pot.

It's smooth and creamy, and I apply this with my finger and dab it on the offending area. I feel like it'd be good to apply with a brush too, but I just prefer to use my finger as it uses less. It covers fairly well I think, but there's a feeling I have that I'd be able to find an equally amazing concealer for half the price.

I use this after applying Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, and I've found that acts like a barrier - the concealer doesn't cover so well over it. I'm not sure if this is the case with other foundations or BB creams or whatever, but it meant I had to use less Dream Matte Mousse so I could use my concealer which to me is iffy - you shouldn't really have to compromise one product for another in my opinion. For the price, this should go well over make up and have a good staying power. On the subject of staying power, it DOES last a whole day without being touched up in certain areas. I find my cheeks (around my cheekbones) it stays flawless, but places like my chin it wears away meaning I need to touch up half way through the day. I feel like it definitely brightens dark circles, but it's nothing special in regards to that.

Also, if you apply anything over the top (blusher, for example, and I've found this happens more with a cream blusher but also a little with powder blusher) it can rub the concealer off. I'm not sure I'd trust it in the summer to withhold sweat and the like, but we'll see.

Overall, I'm pleased this matches my skin perfectly, seems to last well despite the small pot and is creamy and easy to apply. I'm just not pleased you basically can't have a layer of make up underneath or over it, unless you want to keep on applying it which looks rather cakey. Fair for the price, and I'd buy again because so far it's the one thing that seemingly covers all my offensive marks and matches my skin almost perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by rayetaanimefreak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have extreme dark circles. This stuff covers them perfectly. It was smooth and did not crease. I do not like the pricing but it is worth it to cover these monsters under my eyes. I am a student and it lasted all throughout my classes and then a date with my boyfriend. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by blinkthenfall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

eh concealer, i really was expecting this to be better than it was, it looks a little cakey, covers up my blemishes though! also, the shades are a bit misleading. i have it in #02 medium, and it's a lot lighter on my skin. :/ plus i hit pan on it so quickly! there's not a lot of product if you use it everyday - im going to continue using it till i run out but not repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by DaBeedo

Best concealer ever. It covers everything and lasts all day. It's not drying at all, great shade selection. A little goes a long way and the pot lasts a long time. I use it daily and it lasts 6-10 months easily.