MAC Frost - Angel

on 8/9/2014 4:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Love mac lipsticks but there are more flattering shades than this one. I ordered a bunch of mac lipsticks online and this was one of them. Being one of the very hyped about colours and being Kim Kardashian's signature colour I thought I would love it. Like a lot of people I am not a fan of the frost lipsticks by mac because generally I find them to look quite fake. Despite this I had heard that angel didn't look too frosty so I decided to try it out. I do think this is a pretty colour but on me. (Blonde, blue eyes, light /medium skin) I find it to be a little too pink for my liking. Perfect if you like pinky shades but I just thought it was ok on me, looks very different on Kim k but then again she has different colouring to me . Will still wear but not wowed .

on 8/7/2014 6:13:00 PM

Too pink for me. I thought it was more of a neutral. It looks more frosty pink on me. Not natural at all.

on 7/21/2014 11:50:00 AM

I love this color. It's a pretty everyday soft pink color. Wearable for almost all skin tones. Frost finish, yet never seems frosty at all. One of my favorite lipsticks and I would recommend to EVERYONE! It is the perfect lipstick, regardless of event or age, amazing my lips but better color :)

It's listed as a "frost" finish however it's more "cremesheen"/"glaze" than "frost" with no shimmer that you expect with a frost finish.

It's cute, but it's NOT for me. My particular skin shade, NC40, does not carry pale pinks well, IMO. Plus, I don't like slippery lipsticks that come off on EVERYTHING. I would rather put it on and know I'm not going to have to reapply until after lunch an maybe before going out for date night - that's why I stick to Matte, Satin and Amplified finishes.

This color is more suited, IMO, to the fairer complexions (I have not seen darker complexions wear it).

on 7/8/2014 11:31:00 PM

The perfect everyday for every occasion nude pink. Goes on smoothly and non-drying, I don't find this lipstick to have any frost. On me - skin tone NC15 this is a lovely nudey-pink that compliments all make-up looks.

I love to use this as a layering lipstick as its a great base to start with if you are wanting to tone down a too in your face bright lippy by just lightly brushing the bright lipstick lightly over Angel.

Lasting power I would say is pretty average - a few hours then touch up needed. Hope Mac does not discontinue this one as it's a perfect wedding lippy.

on 7/6/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was my first ever MAC purchase and I still love it just as much as when I first bought it! It is my go to nude/pink everyday lipstick and I will continue to repurchase this every time I run out of it. Everyone seems to complain about the formula with it being a frost but that doesn't bother me at all! I tend to wear the lipstick underneath MAC's creamsheen glass in boy bait which is my favourite combination of lip products EVER! Love love love this product!

This was my first MAC Lipstick, and I wanted to buy it because of the amount of great reviews from purchasers. In the store light, this seemed like the perfect pink nude lipstick, but when I got back home, it just didn't seem right on my fair skin tone.
The product;s pigmentation was very good, and it had the same sort of Vanillaesque smell and taste that MAC has to all of it's permanent line lipsticks.
I don't think that I would buy this again, simply because I didn't think the colour worked for me, but I would highly recommend the formula to people.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I looked at so many reviews and was getting discouraged that it wouldn't look good with my skin tone because I'm a brown girl but I played around with it and now it's my go to lipstick. Almost out after purchasing it in February . So when I go back Ill be purchasing two .

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My daily go-to lipstick is MAC's Angel, which is a nice everyday nude colour… pinky nude. It's described as soft pink & is the first Frost I have tried. I was initially nervous about whether or not I could pull off the shade, but on a whim, I gave it a try after seeing what it would look like in person on another NC45 skin tone reviewer on YouTube. I wound up loving it & it's now my everyday lipstick. This is the lipstick to wear if you want to look nice & natural, but still glammed up. Tip: if you have dark/black skin & think it just looks too Barbie, pair is with a nude/skin tone gloss.

I'm normally not a fan of frosty cosmetics; I think it looks "7th grade," if that makes sense. This lipstick shade definitely opened my mind to checking out more lipsticks with the same finish. (Anyone notice the return of frosty makeup last winter?) I like this shade in particular because like I said, it's natural & good-looking on any skin tone. I also like lipsticks that can be worn during the day & night. Angel is basically a lip gloss in lipstick form in my opinion. Because of the finish, & I have to put on 3 or 4 coasts to get the look I want.

Note: Angel got famous because Kim Kardashian wears it a lot; I don't wear this because she does & I didn't know about the hype until after the fact

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this lipstick. This is my HG color!

I went into MAC specifically looking for a nude lipstick with a bit of soft pink in it. The MUA had me tried this on and fell in love. I then found out it was Kim K's go to. -_-
This color can easily suit anyone! My one complaint is that it dries my lips out a bit. It's nothing extreme!

I will repurchase :D