Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

3.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth 10, Citric Acid, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Lanolin Alcohol, Imidazolidinyl Urea

on 11/21/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have been using this for a month now and like it. Basic cleanser that is lightly hydrating. It is foaming,so it not going to be SUPER hydrating. It is soap-free and fragrance free so good sensitive skin types. I like it, it is cheap at around $5 (I was using BareMinerals cleanser for $24) in a large pump bottle that foams up well. I remove my make-up BEFORE I use this, so one pump is enough for me.

on 5/11/2011 8:28:00 PM

This is a basic, no frills cleanser that I've been using for the past 3 weeks or so. I have combo-oily, acne-prone skin with occasional dry patches around my mouth and forehead. Like previous reviews mentioned I have to use 2-4 pumps to get a decent lather and I usually have to wash twice with this if I want to remove heavy makeup (or use a makeup remover wipe first). I don't find it drying but not neccessarily hydrating either. It's cheap and can be easily found at my local ulta. The packaging is plain but practical for at home use, but the pump makes it impossible to travel with. I like pump cleansers in my shower so that I don't have to fumble with lids while washing. I have not experienced any adverse reaction with this cleanser or clogged pores. I find it very gentle and think it will work most of the year for me except for the driest months of winter. I'll probably want to try something new next, but I would repurchase it again.

on 3/5/2011 10:45:00 AM

Yuck! What is it with this stuff?
It is neither gentle or hydrating for dry skin.
It left my skin very shiny clean and tight and smells chemically awful.
It's so bad, I didn't even keep it for a bodywash.

on 1/22/2011 10:11:00 PM

at this point I am pretty much just reviewing stuff to reach 20 so I can add things that are not listed... @(!*#%
I've been using this cleanser for about 5+ years off and on, but more exclusively for the past 3. it's a basic gentle gel cleanser that doesn't aggravate the skin, it actually lathers well, and it gets sunscreen and eye makeup off completely. sometimes it feels a little drying, but if I apply moisturizer at night like I'm supposed to then it's a non-issue. no scent or residue. I've repurchased it lots of times. it's very cheap ($5.99?) but it is hard to find at drug & grocery stores. my local still ulta carries it.

on 12/29/2010 6:15:00 PM

I like this cleanser because it has no fragrance and does not sting my skin; I have a problem with products stinging my skin due to the use of Tazorac, an anti-acne topical medication. However, I do find it a tad bit drying. I think my "Clean and Clear Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin" is a tiny bit better for my skin. That said, I am happy with this cleanser and will still continue to use this. I also would not hesitate to buy this if I can't find my C&C.

on 12/6/2010 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

hands down Best winter face wash i have ever used! this does not dry out my skin like other gel cleansers that leave flakes... this one is moisturizing and leaves my skin really soft. it does remove makeup but not heavy makeup. i use this in the morning and night and at night i also use the eucerin redness relief night cream and my skin is happy!

on 11/15/2010 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had been wanting to try the Soothing Cleansing Cream after reading great reviews; it sounded exactly like the type of cleanser I was looking for. However, it's not sold in the US (at least not that I can find). When I saw this Gentle Hydrating Cleanser on Ulta.com, I figured I would give it a shot. I have only been using this for about 5 days, so I will update if anything changes, but, so far so good. Forms a nice lather, and while it does not fully remove mascara/eye makeup, it does a pretty good job. I don't wear any type of primer/foundation/concealer, so I can't attest as to how well it would remove face makeup, but after washing, my skin feels clean and pretty soft. I would like to have something a bit more moisturizing, but my face does not feel tight or dry after using this. Had a couple of small clogged pores/whiteheads on the side of my jaw when I first started using this, and they are gone at this point. Can't say if this cleanser helped to calm them down, or if they just went away on their own, but washing with this definitely did not make them any worse.
I still love washing my face with La Mer cleansing lotion, and was hoping this would be my winter substitute. It's a good cleanser, but I would prefer something a little more moisturizing. When I run out, if I still have not found anything else, I would buy this again. Price is CHEAP for the amount you get, and you only need 1-2 pumps to get enough later for face and neck.
UPDATE: Took away one lippie because while I am still using this cleanser, I am finding that it's definitely not hydrating enough for me. Yes, it's gentle and effective at cleansing, but if something is advertised as hydrating, it should have some moisturizing effects, which this does not. I am only using it once a day now, as any more and my face was getting super tight and dull from dryness :( It's too bad, because I really wanted this to my my cold weather savior, and I really don't want to shell out the $$ for La Mer cleansing lotion (my fav dry weather face wash by far).
2nd UPDATE: Took away another lippie because as mentioned, this makes my skin dry, and seems to be the cause of little red bumps around my eye area.

on 11/2/2010 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't have sensitive skin, but it does have a tendency toward dryness and breakouts. I bought this product back in the summertime because I've used Eucerin's SPF 30 facial moisturizer for years and never had a problem with it. Before this, I used Yes To Cucumbers' cleanser, and I find the two comparable. Both feel creamy, mild, don't suds up, and leave my skin clean but not dry. It takes off all my moisturizer and concealer. Since this product is much cheaper than Yes to Cucumbers (better pricepoint AND much larger bottle), I'll stick with it.

I wash my face with just warm water in the morning and use this at night, followed by witch hazel as a toner and Yes To Cucumbers facial moisturizer mixed with several drops of jojoba oil. This pattern is working very well for my skin, so I'll definitely repurchase this product. The only complaint I have is that there's no way to lock the pump in place, so there's no way to travel with this in its current packaging.

on 11/1/2010 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is so-so. I'm not super sensitive - I have more of a fragrance allergy than anything, so I had no reactions to this. I don't think it's very "hydrating" though, because of the sulfates... we'll see how my skin is doing about a month into this chicago winter weather! I use Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Facial Wash in the warmer months - that's my HG. Still looking for my HG for winter.

on 5/18/2010 8:55:00 PM

This cleanser was disappointing. I used it for almost a week before bringing it back to Ulta for a refund. It didn't dry out my skin which is a plus, but it didn't make me feel like it did a thorough cleaning. Additionally, I've a feeling that it contributed to a recent breakout, which is a dealbreaker for me. In the shower, I used 2 pumps of the product to achieve a half decent lather. At the sink after using my makeup remover, I used 4 pumps to completely wash my face. And even then, it didn't quite feel like the cleanser removed all traces of makeup. This is 6 pumps total for one day compared with 2 pumps of my usual cleansers, Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash, Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, and Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 3% Facial Wash. (I alternate between both PTR products).

Sure, Eucerin costs much less than Dermalogica, but in the end, if you're talking about how concentrated the product is, Dermalogica, and brands in the same genre are much more cost-effective and produce better results. Eucerin's face and body moisturizers are excellent. Skip the cleanser, however.