August 21, 2014 | 1164 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser was disappointing. I used it for almost a week before bringing it back to Ulta for a refund. It didn't dry out my skin which is a plus, but it didn't make me feel like it did a thorough cleaning. Additionally, I've a feeling that it contributed to a recent breakout, which is a dealbreaker for me. In the shower, I used 2 pumps of the product to achieve a half decent lather. At the sink after using my makeup remover, I used 4 pumps to completely wash my face. And even then, it didn't quite feel like the cleanser removed all traces of makeup. This is 6 pumps total for one day compared with 2 pumps of my usual cleansers, Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash, Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, and Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 3% Facial Wash. (I alternate between both PTR products).

Sure, Eucerin costs much less than Dermalogica, but in the end, if you're talking about how concentrated the product is, Dermalogica, and brands in the same genre are much more cost-effective and produce better results. Eucerin's face and body moisturizers are excellent. Skip the cleanser, however.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sandpinkshimmer

Love, love, love this stuff. Dirt cheap, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, takes off my makeup easily, and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. I have finally found something that works.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by karaEMP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eucerin, you have got to be kidding me. Gentle? No. Hydrating? No. For sensitive skin? I don't think so. Never in all my days has my skin been so irritated by a cleanser. Probably because SLS is the MAIN ingredient, which I didn't realize till after I ordered the product. I decided to believe the claims rather than the ingredient list, and give it a shot. I used it once, and it left my skin red as a beet. Yes, it removed all my makeup, but it looked like I had washed my face with a brillo pad. This is the fourth Eucerin product I have tried which did not live up to its claims. I am officially finished with this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Akidrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Where has this cleanser been all my life? Seriously! It cleanses every last bit of makeup off my face, is gentle, never over-dries or makes me oily, and I never have irritation from it. I have zero need for a makeup remover wipe or liquid, or even a toner. This cleanser does it all in one step (and believe me, I used to have a long multi-step process for cleansing). It's simple, fragrance-free, and I trust that it's good for my skin because it's Eucerin (a company that tailors to people who have sensitive skin). My skin is combination, but mostly dry, so this might not work well for someone with a lot of acne, but personally I think it would work for anyone. It's a simple cleanser that restores balance to my skin and I hope they never discontinue it. I've already gone through 4 bottles and have been using it for over a year! I just wish it were easier to find in my local drugstore...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by biogrrl

Love this cleanser. I have very sensitive and acne prone skin and was looking for a cleanser that removed sunscreen and longwear foundation without drying my skin.

Purpose is too drying, Cetaphil doesn't remove makeup whatsoever, Cerave breaks me out, etc., etc.

This takes everything off but leaves my skin soft and not overstripped. Doesn't break me out, non-leaking pump dispenser, no scent, leaves no oily film, and $5.99 at Ulta. Simply perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by zoelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

out of all the face wash/ cleansers i've ever bought in my entire life, this is the only one that i can say i would use forever. it relieves redness even better than eucerin's other redness reducing cleanser. at least for me. it soothes my skin, cleans well, never drying. great for winter or summer. i just use this cleanser & h2ocean foam moisturizer on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

I love this cleanser for my super sensitive acne-prone skin. Other than my sappo hill oatmeal soap and dove sensitive skin bars, this is the only other cleanser that I allow to touch my face. It's extremely gentle, non-drying, fragrance-free and removes all my makeup (except waterproof mascara). It doesn't make me break out and it leaves my face super clean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really sensitive skin, and this product doesn't irritate it at all (or my eyes, which are also extremely sensitive). The lack of scent is nice, and it cleans my face well. I just really dislike the consistency of the product. I will probably stick with my Basis cleansers henceforth.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by iiezzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be a hater, but i hated this product.
For a cleanser for sensitive skin, this really burned my eyes.
on a positive note, it did clean my face well, removing most if not all of my makeup. However, it also did break me out.

this product did not work on me.

i was comparing the three cleansers cetaphil, purpose, and eucerin... all of which are for sensitive skin.

so far, purpose is too expensive
eucerin is too harsh and breaks me out

so i like my cetaphil which is gentle, cleans thoroughly, moisturizes and lasts really long. you just have to get use to it and know how to use it

people who truly have sensitive skin should stay away from this product.. it will make your skin red and acne worse. others are welcome and probably be a wonderful product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this!!! When I first used it, it had a slight chemical smell which made me worry about if it was going to be too harsh on my sensitive skin, but I'm so glad I kept using this, because its wonderful! It takes off all my makeup but doesn't leave my skin super tight. Love it!!
UPDATE: this irritated my skin after awhile :o(