December 19, 2014 | 1470 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by guccigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

hands down Best winter face wash i have ever used! this does not dry out my skin like other gel cleansers that leave flakes... this one is moisturizing and leaves my skin really soft. it does remove makeup but not heavy makeup. i use this in the morning and night and at night i also use the eucerin redness relief night cream and my skin is happy!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by bondgirl8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had been wanting to try the Soothing Cleansing Cream after reading great reviews; it sounded exactly like the type of cleanser I was looking for. However, it's not sold in the US (at least not that I can find). When I saw this Gentle Hydrating Cleanser on Ulta.com, I figured I would give it a shot. I have only been using this for about 5 days, so I will update if anything changes, but, so far so good. Forms a nice lather, and while it does not fully remove mascara/eye makeup, it does a pretty good job. I don't wear any type of primer/foundation/concealer, so I can't attest as to how well it would remove face makeup, but after washing, my skin feels clean and pretty soft. I would like to have something a bit more moisturizing, but my face does not feel tight or dry after using this. Had a couple of small clogged pores/whiteheads on the side of my jaw when I first started using this, and they are gone at this point. Can't say if this cleanser helped to calm them down, or if they just went away on their own, but washing with this definitely did not make them any worse.
I still love washing my face with La Mer cleansing lotion, and was hoping this would be my winter substitute. It's a good cleanser, but I would prefer something a little more moisturizing. When I run out, if I still have not found anything else, I would buy this again. Price is CHEAP for the amount you get, and you only need 1-2 pumps to get enough later for face and neck.
UPDATE: Took away one lippie because while I am still using this cleanser, I am finding that it's definitely not hydrating enough for me. Yes, it's gentle and effective at cleansing, but if something is advertised as hydrating, it should have some moisturizing effects, which this does not. I am only using it once a day now, as any more and my face was getting super tight and dull from dryness :( It's too bad, because I really wanted this to my my cold weather savior, and I really don't want to shell out the $$ for La Mer cleansing lotion (my fav dry weather face wash by far).
2nd UPDATE: Took away another lippie because as mentioned, this makes my skin dry, and seems to be the cause of little red bumps around my eye area.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have sensitive skin, but it does have a tendency toward dryness and breakouts. I bought this product back in the summertime because I've used Eucerin's SPF 30 facial moisturizer for years and never had a problem with it. Before this, I used Yes To Cucumbers' cleanser, and I find the two comparable. Both feel creamy, mild, don't suds up, and leave my skin clean but not dry. It takes off all my moisturizer and concealer. Since this product is much cheaper than Yes to Cucumbers (better pricepoint AND much larger bottle), I'll stick with it.

I wash my face with just warm water in the morning and use this at night, followed by witch hazel as a toner and Yes To Cucumbers facial moisturizer mixed with several drops of jojoba oil. This pattern is working very well for my skin, so I'll definitely repurchase this product. The only complaint I have is that there's no way to lock the pump in place, so there's no way to travel with this in its current packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is so-so. I'm not super sensitive - I have more of a fragrance allergy than anything, so I had no reactions to this. I don't think it's very "hydrating" though, because of the sulfates... we'll see how my skin is doing about a month into this chicago winter weather! I use Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Facial Wash in the warmer months - that's my HG. Still looking for my HG for winter.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser was disappointing. I used it for almost a week before bringing it back to Ulta for a refund. It didn't dry out my skin which is a plus, but it didn't make me feel like it did a thorough cleaning. Additionally, I've a feeling that it contributed to a recent breakout, which is a dealbreaker for me. In the shower, I used 2 pumps of the product to achieve a half decent lather. At the sink after using my makeup remover, I used 4 pumps to completely wash my face. And even then, it didn't quite feel like the cleanser removed all traces of makeup. This is 6 pumps total for one day compared with 2 pumps of my usual cleansers, Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash, Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, and Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 3% Facial Wash. (I alternate between both PTR products).

Sure, Eucerin costs much less than Dermalogica, but in the end, if you're talking about how concentrated the product is, Dermalogica, and brands in the same genre are much more cost-effective and produce better results. Eucerin's face and body moisturizers are excellent. Skip the cleanser, however.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sandpinkshimmer

Love, love, love this stuff. Dirt cheap, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, takes off my makeup easily, and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. I have finally found something that works.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by karaEMP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eucerin, you have got to be kidding me. Gentle? No. Hydrating? No. For sensitive skin? I don't think so. Never in all my days has my skin been so irritated by a cleanser. Probably because SLS is the MAIN ingredient, which I didn't realize till after I ordered the product. I decided to believe the claims rather than the ingredient list, and give it a shot. I used it once, and it left my skin red as a beet. Yes, it removed all my makeup, but it looked like I had washed my face with a brillo pad. This is the fourth Eucerin product I have tried which did not live up to its claims. I am officially finished with this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Akidrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Where has this cleanser been all my life? Seriously! It cleanses every last bit of makeup off my face, is gentle, never over-dries or makes me oily, and I never have irritation from it. I have zero need for a makeup remover wipe or liquid, or even a toner. This cleanser does it all in one step (and believe me, I used to have a long multi-step process for cleansing). It's simple, fragrance-free, and I trust that it's good for my skin because it's Eucerin (a company that tailors to people who have sensitive skin). My skin is combination, but mostly dry, so this might not work well for someone with a lot of acne, but personally I think it would work for anyone. It's a simple cleanser that restores balance to my skin and I hope they never discontinue it. I've already gone through 4 bottles and have been using it for over a year! I just wish it were easier to find in my local drugstore...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by biogrrl

Love this cleanser. I have very sensitive and acne prone skin and was looking for a cleanser that removed sunscreen and longwear foundation without drying my skin.

Purpose is too drying, Cetaphil doesn't remove makeup whatsoever, Cerave breaks me out, etc., etc.

This takes everything off but leaves my skin soft and not overstripped. Doesn't break me out, non-leaking pump dispenser, no scent, leaves no oily film, and $5.99 at Ulta. Simply perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by zoelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

out of all the face wash/ cleansers i've ever bought in my entire life, this is the only one that i can say i would use forever. it relieves redness even better than eucerin's other redness reducing cleanser. at least for me. it soothes my skin, cleans well, never drying. great for winter or summer. i just use this cleanser & h2ocean foam moisturizer on my face.