October 24, 2014 | 884 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Eloisa09

First off i've tried pretty much every facial cleansing product out there, i do product review for skin care so i get samples of just about everything at sephora, in the mail, from friends and so on. I've tried stuff ranging from 3 $ to 200$ and let me just say that this is the only thing i use on my skin along with a facial sponge. It cleans skin throughly and doesent dry or irritate your skin like a lot of other products. I gave it a 4 because of course it could be better but for the price its an awesome quality soap. I would not recommen spending your hard earn money on other cleansers bcs this does it all i use it along with the clinique moisturizing gel and my skin has never been better, i only brake out a bit around that time of the month.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by waywardrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only soap that has actually cleared up my zits. (I get PMS breakouts still, but they are less severe. I know that no soap can truly combat hormones.) My face never feels tight after washing either. The soap itself has a scent, but it's pleasant and disappears after toweling off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by MrsJohnson2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry, acne prone skin. I've always had acne since my teen's but after I had my daughter, it got worse. Especially the dry skin! I've tried scrubs, gel and liquid cleansers and every other product at the drug store. Nothing really worked and if it did, maybe for a week. Then I would break out horribly!

I read up on this and finally took the plunge. What did I have to lose? I didn't wash my face with anything before hand, I just used the cleansing bar. It took my make up off great and my skin felt so good afterwards. Like somebody mentioned in a review that although it helped moisturize their skin, they couldn't skip their moisturizer afterwards. That's how my skin was. The BIG difference was, I didn't have to use as much moisturizer! My skin soaked it up and felt wonderful! I woke up the next morning and my skin still felt moisturized. That's not something that happens with my extra dry skin! I'm in love with this stuff! I would recommend this to anyone with dry and acne prone skin!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by intersection16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After so many years of trying to find the "right" acne wash I finally found the best solution.... a bar of soap!?

I was skeptical at first. However, after using this bar on my face and body for two weeks I'm a believer! This is coming from a 22-year-old who hasn't left the house without makeup since middle school. My face has always been red and had a fair amount of acne. This bar has made 95% of my face and back acne disappear. I looked in the mirror today and was shocked. Please give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by anqa071599

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't know the difference between the normal gentle bar. It feels the same as the normal bar, and smells a bit different.

I like the way my skin feels cleaner after each use. It doesn't dry my skin and after each use I like to run my hand over my body and feel the smoothness. It's unlike other bars.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by nikkistephens

I used this with noticeable results after just ONE DAY! My face is smooth and all that's left is some scarring from the hellstorm that brewed there from the last two months. I know bacteria is just one of the causes of acne but it really just got rid of it all and it keeps getting better. Now looking for something to fade the scars!

The downside is, they test on animals and are not vegan as they do not strictly monitor and cannot give a "100% guarantee" that the ingredients they buy are "100% of non-animal origin." (via an inquiry email to Galderma.) Once it runs out I will not be buying again due to this. It does work wonders but based on this it's an absolute 'no' to buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by jenna1128

I will be honest and say I bought this out of sheer curiousity and cringe at the thought of anyone using bar soap to cleanse their skin ( as a skincare fanatic) however, I caved in, took the plunge, tried something new, AND fell in love. It was pretty instant for me. I'm used to using just cream cleansers and usually stick to Origins Mushroom Line, but at first use I knew it was going to be holy grail product. It smells clean but somewhat mild and not too fragrant. It is milky and rinses off wonderfully clean--I usually massage the milky bar into my skin to soothe it. It truly is a great product and I will repurchase it. It has made my skin become more balanced and my clogged pores...probably due to makeup use..are cleared up again. I used to extract my pores regularly and now even in a 3x mirror they look clean. Still have to get used to using soap on my face though, seems so taboo to me still.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupleasure

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE THIS! I had horrible acne on my entire face chin, forehead,cheeks... I started using this after I had gone through so many drugstore scrubs/washes, claiming to clear my acne but they only irritated it and did nothing to cure it..My aunt recommended it and It's the best thing ever! I do have oily skin (esp. in the summer I have extremely oily skin, which is when I began using this) and although It says its for dry sensitive skin, It works for me! I use it with my acne medication (clindamycin solution and retin A generic version and anitbacterial pills). I have one in my shower and near my sink.. It melts a whole lot faster in the shower but the one by my sink lasts months! I just place it in a soap dish that you can stick to the wall- got mine at walmart for a few dollars) and It lasts and stays clean.. The bars also come in packs of four our five for like $15? it's worth it!

P.S if you are struggling with acne GO TO THE DERMATOLOGIST it really helps, I spent probably 100's of dollars looking for the perfect face wash, toner, moisturizer when it was all a waste! Go to the professionals, Its worth it. my clindamycin solution is only $35, retin A generic is only $40 at most and the pills are $4! all at walmart! about $80 total for lasting results!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by lauren931

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Woo-freaking-hoo! This product rocks. I have been struggling to get my skin healthy, cleared up, and back to normal after a bad allergic reaction I had, and this product did it. It cleared up the acne I had coming in and really balanced/calmed my skin without overdrying it or making it too greasy. I have been using this product with the Cetaphil facial moisturizer during the day and the moisturizing lotion at night. So far, this wash is helping to control my oil production when using the moisturizers because using them previously with the gentle cleansing bar made my skin too oily and clogged my pores. However, would not suggest this for those with dry skin as I could see how it would be overdrying. I do know that it's working great on combo/sensitive for now though! Overall, this is magic in a cheap $3 bar and has visibly improved the look of my irritated/broken out skin overnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jenniferleecaruana

I have the most annoying skin. Greasy with large pores (read: Italian!), yet dryer than sheet rock the second I wash it. At 32, I have aged very well - my skin is still pretty plump and I have very few deep wrinkles - but the dryness produced by most cleansers ages me 10 years. To top it off, I am prone to small, rash-like pimples on my forehead and chin, and have a generally uneven texture as a result. I have tried pretty much every single cleanser out there...department store brands, organic, home made, desperate-ebay-orders-from-japan, made for acne, made for oily, made for dry, made for sensitive, and (literally) every single option available in drug stores/Wal-Mart. I've spent as little as $3 and as much as $100. Nothing worked. Either I broke out even worse or my skin dried up so much it looked like I took a cheese grater to it. I finally, out of desperation, decided to try the antibacterial Cetaphyl bar...I figured I had nothing to lose, especially for $3. I had heard good things about triclosan on my particular kind of acne, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting it to work too well...nothing ever did, and an experiment with the liquid Cetaphyl for oily skin a few years back fried my face. Boy, was I surprised. THIS IS THE BEST!!! This bar produces a surprisingly creamy foam but leaves no residue. I find that if I use it in the hot shower, my skin does dry a bit, but if I use it at the sink, it leaves my skin supple and healthier looking than it has been since my teens. My breakouts have diminished significantly, and the tone and texture of my skin overall is 100% improved. I have been using it every night (in the morning I just swipe with a warm washcloth...i mean, let's face it, there's really no need to scrub your face the second you crawl out of bed as long as you washed it the night before...unless you sleep outside, that is) for two months with consistently amazing results. The scent may be strong for some, but I like it - very clean, though perhaps too strong for super sensitive skin types. I swear, if you have finicky skin that you can never get balanced for more than a few days at a time, try this stuff. Combined with the Equate brand versions of classic Oil of Olay and lots of water - nothing else - my skin is completely transformed. And having such a simple skin care routine is pretty great too : ) PS - I do not wear foundation of any kind (they all feel so gross), so I can't comment on whether or not this is effective at makeup removal).

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No