Albolene cleanser

4.3

Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Ceresin, Beta Carotene

on 12/4/2013 10:05:00 PM

This cleanser has been a godsend for my very dry skin. I take spiro for cystic acne which keeps my skin clear but very dry ( except t-zone had remained oily and blackhead prone yet dehydrated and albolene has helped that as well). Our cold, dry, North Dakota winter really takes a toll on my skin and makes it look older and more wrinkly than it is. This is wonderfully comforting and effective at removing makeup. I remove it with a warm washcloth and then use ponds moisturizer. Packaging is ugly. My skin looks healthier and stronger (almost like it is thicker somehow, weird) than it has in years. It just kills me to think how much money I could have saved on skincare and how much more NARS I could have bought with that.

on 11/10/2013 11:44:00 AM

This has become HG/essential for me. It is such a multipurpose product. The ingredients are incredibly gentle for me. I use this to cleanse every morning, followed by a Stridex pad to remove any excess residue, or instead, occasionally I'll use St. Ives Apricot scrub instead of the Stridex.

I also put this all over my lips as a quick moisturizing treatment, or all over as a body moisturizer. It is so gentle - just mineral oil, beeswax, parafin and a few other things. So multipurpose - it's great for dry cuticles. I love it and hope they never change the formula.

on 10/5/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Thick and heavy, but will not strip dry skin and is effective in removing all types of makeup. I have dry skin and I could probably get away without doing a second cleanse after taking this off with a washcloth but I choose not to. Anyway, this is better than Pond's to me because there isn't a fragrance and I like the consistency better. You do need to massage this in and let it work a bit, give it time. At least one minute and then perhaps even let it sit in for another or two because it can take a bit to break down makeup. I used to use Clinique take the day off balm and that is a very good product but I found it drying and much more expensive than this. Albolene is one half the cost of Clinique's product. If you have oily or breakout prone skin, you might do as I do and use a foamy cleanser after this to get the film off of your face.

on 9/19/2013 5:42:00 AM

I love it!!!!!! Removes all makeup and dirt even waterproof liquid eyeliner in....5 minutes or less i frickin smooth on and in less than 1 minute it's all of no stinging of frickin mess amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Love it but I'm not in love with the packehing awh 5 lippers

on 8/19/2013 12:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff! I have dry skin, so the moisturizing qualities of this product are a huge bonus. I rub it on my skin and wipe it off with a damp washcloth. My skin is clean and moisturized when I'm done.

I was really reluctant to purchase this because I have oily, acne prone, and super fickle skin. Read on one of the boards that it would be a good way to remove stubborn makeup, so I purchased it at my local drug store. I am never using anything else. This is literally the best thing i've ever used for removing makeup. I mainly use it for eye makeup with a tissue. It takes a few swipes but every little bit of makeup I have had on is removed. It also doesn't cause me to break out and isn't too harsh for my eyes or skin. If I wear heavy makeup I sometimes remove all my face makeup with it as well. I put it on my face, let it sit, wipe it off and then follow with a cleanser to remove any residue. Works like a charm.

on 7/14/2013 11:54:00 PM

Amazing how well this gets ALL makeup off. This is as greasy as it gets, folks, but it works and I've found a great way to make the most of it (in my opinion)...I use this only at night and make it into a spa experience: I apply a generous coat, massaging my face and neck. Then, carefully tissue off as much as I can with a couple tissues. Then, I have this pretty thick residue still on my face, so I run a washcloth under the hottest water I can stand, wring it out well, place it on my face and wait at least 10 seconds, just letting my pores open a bit. Then, I use the washcloth to massage the rest of it all off. Feels WONDERFUL, works AMAZING. Love it!

on 7/11/2013 3:43:00 PM

i really like this stuff.
at first i was using it wrong (for me anyway). i was rubbing it on and then removing it with a wet washcloth and then putting more on.

my pores started getting clogged and my skin didn't like it and it was ruining my washcloths.

i started using it per the directions on the jar (lol) and wow!

so now i use a little bit for my entire face. i start with a dry face and rub it on and then tissue it off. then i splash water on my face and kind of pat the left over in and add a tiny bit more around my eyes and any dry areas and voila!

perfect moisturized skin no other moisturizer needed!

who knew? i guess someone did!!!

i would suggest that anyone using it with a wet washcloth and getting clogged pores try tissuing it off instead. it totally changed everything for me!!! and my skin loves the stimulation and hardly needs exfoliating these days!

on 4/21/2013 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have extremely oily, very acne prone, large pores, easily-flaky-when-over-cleansed, skin! I'm very impressed by this product. I tried using it as instructed - rub in and wipe off with tissue. A lot of oil and makeup came off this way but the thin film left on my face was no good for my oily skin and in 3 days my face was totally clogged.

How I use this now is PM only. Take a dollop size on my finger and rub it all over my face for about 5 minutes. I can feel the blackheads on my nose rise and clear out, the dead skin, makeup, pimple scabs, I can feel it all lifting and blending into the Albolene. It's really gross yet refreshing. I've never used anything that cleans and clears like this stuff. Then I hop in the shower and gently remove with a warm baby washcloth. Follow with Cetaphil for oily skin, Proactiv toner (glycolic acid), and sunscreen in the AM. No PM moisturizer needed sometimes. Albolene is an amazing clean!

on 3/20/2013 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship with this. It will dissolve any sort of waterproof makeup or sunscreen I put on my face very quickly and easily, and it isn't drying. BUT it requires some elbow grease to remove that dissolved stuff, requiring a washcloth, wipes, or something else to be repeatedly rubbed on the skin. For my extremely sensitive, rosacean face....this is the main drawback...the only way to avoid the irritation is to follow up with a foaming cleanser...in which case I don't get any moisturizing or soothing effects.