December 19, 2014 | 837 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I have dry skin, so the moisturizing qualities of this product are a huge bonus. I rub it on my skin and wipe it off with a damp washcloth. My skin is clean and moisturized when I'm done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really reluctant to purchase this because I have oily, acne prone, and super fickle skin. Read on one of the boards that it would be a good way to remove stubborn makeup, so I purchased it at my local drug store. I am never using anything else. This is literally the best thing i've ever used for removing makeup. I mainly use it for eye makeup with a tissue. It takes a few swipes but every little bit of makeup I have had on is removed. It also doesn't cause me to break out and isn't too harsh for my eyes or skin. If I wear heavy makeup I sometimes remove all my face makeup with it as well. I put it on my face, let it sit, wipe it off and then follow with a cleanser to remove any residue. Works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by momof3kidlets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing how well this gets ALL makeup off. This is as greasy as it gets, folks, but it works and I've found a great way to make the most of it (in my opinion)...I use this only at night and make it into a spa experience: I apply a generous coat, massaging my face and neck. Then, carefully tissue off as much as I can with a couple tissues. Then, I have this pretty thick residue still on my face, so I run a washcloth under the hottest water I can stand, wring it out well, place it on my face and wait at least 10 seconds, just letting my pores open a bit. Then, I use the washcloth to massage the rest of it all off. Feels WONDERFUL, works AMAZING. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i really like this stuff.
at first i was using it wrong (for me anyway). i was rubbing it on and then removing it with a wet washcloth and then putting more on.

my pores started getting clogged and my skin didn't like it and it was ruining my washcloths.

i started using it per the directions on the jar (lol) and wow!

so now i use a little bit for my entire face. i start with a dry face and rub it on and then tissue it off. then i splash water on my face and kind of pat the left over in and add a tiny bit more around my eyes and any dry areas and voila!

perfect moisturized skin no other moisturizer needed!

who knew? i guess someone did!!!

i would suggest that anyone using it with a wet washcloth and getting clogged pores try tissuing it off instead. it totally changed everything for me!!! and my skin loves the stimulation and hardly needs exfoliating these days!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by bulbagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily, very acne prone, large pores, easily-flaky-when-over-cleansed, skin! I'm very impressed by this product. I tried using it as instructed - rub in and wipe off with tissue. A lot of oil and makeup came off this way but the thin film left on my face was no good for my oily skin and in 3 days my face was totally clogged.

How I use this now is PM only. Take a dollop size on my finger and rub it all over my face for about 5 minutes. I can feel the blackheads on my nose rise and clear out, the dead skin, makeup, pimple scabs, I can feel it all lifting and blending into the Albolene. It's really gross yet refreshing. I've never used anything that cleans and clears like this stuff. Then I hop in the shower and gently remove with a warm baby washcloth. Follow with Cetaphil for oily skin, Proactiv toner (glycolic acid), and sunscreen in the AM. No PM moisturizer needed sometimes. Albolene is an amazing clean!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this. It will dissolve any sort of waterproof makeup or sunscreen I put on my face very quickly and easily, and it isn't drying. BUT it requires some elbow grease to remove that dissolved stuff, requiring a washcloth, wipes, or something else to be repeatedly rubbed on the skin. For my extremely sensitive, rosacean face....this is the main drawback...the only way to avoid the irritation is to follow up with a foaming cleanser...in which case I don't get any moisturizing or soothing effects.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ricaalava

I bought this because my mother-in-law who had beautiful and flawless skin recommended it. After giving birth, my skin became acne prone. My mother-in-law suggested I use very mild products including this. Anyway, I seriously broke out A LOT. It's not the cycstic acne but literally red dots on my entire face. I guess my face can't handle something that's sort of like petroleum jelly. I ended up giving it to her since she uses it to remove her makeup. It can be really good for some but not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I enjoy using this when my skin is irritated/fussy. I find that applying it to a slightly damp face and then removing with a warm, wet washcloth to be the best way to use it and then get it all off. Doesn't irritate my skin or break me out and effectively removes all my makeup. I'm just lazy and prefer to use rinse-able cleansers for my regular cleansing needs. Be aware that this contains ceresin which can cause issues for some people. Patch-test for a few days first if you are particularly sensitive/break-out prone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Skin type: sensitive, oily but dehydrated, very clog-prone. My skin loses water and gets dried out very easily.
Oil-based cleansers tend to strip the moisture from my skin or clog my pores. This one looked promising. It has a small ingredient list, and the ingredients are generally considered non-comedogenic. Since this one doesn't have an emulsifier, I thought it could work for me by helping to seal in moisture if I didn't wash off the residue. I tried leaving the residue and washing it off. Either way, I broke out. Maybe I irritated my skin by over-washing; this is VERY hard to remove. When I didn't wash off the residue, perhaps it was too occlusive, causing my oily skin to clog itself... or maybe my skin just hates something in this (probably the mineral oil or ceresin).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by indianagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love Albolene for removing makeup! Nothing else seems to remove so much makeup so quickly. The tub, while a bit unsanitary, does last forever and is relatively cheap. It has never irritated or burned by sensitive face, and really does help moisturize. However, I have had to experiment to find my perfect application technique. At first I applied it to my face and wiped it off with a warm rag, but after several weeks I started to get clogged pores and more and more pimples. Now I apply a SMALL nickel size amount (which is really enough for your whole face), wipe it off with a tissue, and then follow with a gentle cream cleanser. It seems like an extra step, but after using this for awhile, nothing else seems to take off makeup so well or so gently. Will definitely repurchase. UPDATE 1/30/14...still using this, but now I purchase the tube from CVS, which I love as it is more hygenic and it is easier to get a small amount out. Plus the tube is travel friendly. I've gotten my mother and aunt to both use this also, and they love it.