Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

3.9

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylparaben. /- May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Carmine (Cl 75470).

This just didnt work for me. I know many people have great results with it, but for me it just wasnt good. The powder is white. Actually WHITE. Im nc32-35ish depending how tan i am and this really washed me out and gave me a grey awful cast. And this is the other bizarre thing!! It made me itch like MAD!!! It made me look pale, itchy, grey...and after 30 mins i was shiny again (i have combo skin, and my HG foundation is a little glowy but i like to tone down the glowiness a little with a light powder) But with this i was oily and shiny within an hour! So u appl more and then get more of this white cast!!! Just awful!! The SA told me this powder is used on african people!! Right...i understand maybe this will work if u use the tiniest milimetre of it but then whats the point of a powder...i dont ever use a lot, i use my usual powders very sparingly but this was a disaster. If you want a truely amazing ''translucent powder'' with some actual colour to it (not full on colour like mac pressed powders but just SOMETHING so u wont ever look white or pale!!) pls buy the chanel one the pressed one is amazing i use shade 3 its great!! and no weird itching!!

on 3/20/2011 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

HG setting powder. Truly translucent unless I pick up too much (I use a cotton pad to apply). Can make my face look a little flat initially, but within 10 mins it sets and looks very natural. I uses this to set my Revlon New Complexion One Step Compact Make-up in Ivory Beige, with wonderful high coverage, natural-looking results. This powder has never caused any break-outs for me. The packaging is sophisticated but I don't like how the puff is in with the powder. However, it is not of much consequence to me as I use a clean cotton pad every time I use it. Once a month I'll use a pad to swipe across the surface of the powder - to 'clean' it - I think this helps retain the integrity of the formualtion. I recently repurchased - my previous compact lasted for over a year.

on 1/21/2011 3:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This makes my skin look gray and dirty. I give it a two because it doesn't magnify imperfections or anything but my skin looks muddy and dull when I put this over my foundation. Another reason I'm going to send it back and won't buy it again is that it has Ethylhexyl Palmitate as an ingredient- which is classified as a pore clogging ingredient. I don't use powder on bare skin but I know some people do so it's good to know the ingredients. I wish I would have checked first but I was buying the foundation and threw this in to go with it. The main ingredients in this powder are very cheap and do not justify the price- 30 dollars for some talc, cornstarch, and pore cloggers. You can get that at the drugstore.

on 11/20/2010 4:25:00 PM

Perfect pretty little sleek compact. Weightless feel while resetting makeup and ridding face of oil. Only pressed powder I will use. Have tried many and none have the combo of being truly translucent, small packaging, reasonable price, & quality powder all in one product. Helps combat shine, but does not keep it at bay forever. Through trial and error I have learned that there is no such product that eliminates shine for combo/oily skin girls completely. Yes, I have even tried primers, but Ive realized the more junk you put on your face, the worse it will look. Id much rather touch up once or twice a day with a pressed powder than run around all day with globs of product all over my face.

on 11/20/2010 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I am loving all of LM products.
My skin has had a major breakout recently due to work stress, so I am skipping the foundation. Instead, I use Clinique SPF40, LM Flawless Fix to conceal my cystic pimples, and then set it off with LM Pressed Setting Powder.
The makeup is sheer, and I don't need to touch it up throughout the day as it sucks all the oil off my oily skin, leaving it smooth and fresh.
I will most certainly buy a second compact!

on 9/2/2010 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

A little goes a long way with this product (if you see a white cast, you're probably putting on too much)... I use this to touch up throughout the day and I am in love with it!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I use this over my LM tinted moisturizer to set it with a kabuki brush. If I apply too much, I just spritz some toner on my face to set it better. This is good for touch-ups throughout the day. It doesn't make your face look over-powdered by the day's end and is perfect to use with tinted moisturizer. I do not know great it looks on other skin tones, but does not show on my very pale skin. At first I hated the sponge applicator but it's grown on me.

on 5/25/2010 2:38:00 AM

My HG translucent powder. I've been using this every since I can remember. (Maybe 8 years?) Love it. It's great for a night out when I wear foundation (I usually don't wear foundation during the day) and I use it over the foundation to set it. My MAC Studio Fix powder is too heavy to use with foundation and makes dark spots, so Laura Mercier's Translucent powder is perfect.

on 4/25/2010 3:45:00 PM

I had been using MAC pressed powder, but it started to make my skin itch, so I switched to this. This powder is just lovely - fine texture, delicate feeling on skin. I use it set my make-up and to take care of mid-day shine. Works year-round for me and I'm on my 2nd compact. Expensive, but worth it.

on 4/13/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I use this translucent pressed powder to set my LM tinted moisturizer. It works very well for that purpose. I should note that I have a light, cool skintone, so the whiteness of the powder doesn't make much of a difference on my skin. Also, I don't have oily skin, so I don't have much need for shine control.

Bottom line: it works great if you wear TM and want to set it but not add extra coverage.

Popular Pressed Powders