August 30, 2014 | 1763 users online

Pressed Powders - Laura Mercier - Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by nlb33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This makes my skin look gray and dirty. I give it a two because it doesn't magnify imperfections or anything but my skin looks muddy and dull when I put this over my foundation. Another reason I'm going to send it back and won't buy it again is that it has Ethylhexyl Palmitate as an ingredient- which is classified as a pore clogging ingredient. I don't use powder on bare skin but I know some people do so it's good to know the ingredients. I wish I would have checked first but I was buying the foundation and threw this in to go with it. The main ingredients in this powder are very cheap and do not justify the price- 30 dollars for some talc, cornstarch, and pore cloggers. You can get that at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by vmm25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Perfect pretty little sleek compact. Weightless feel while resetting makeup and ridding face of oil. Only pressed powder I will use. Have tried many and none have the combo of being truly translucent, small packaging, reasonable price, & quality powder all in one product. Helps combat shine, but does not keep it at bay forever. Through trial and error I have learned that there is no such product that eliminates shine for combo/oily skin girls completely. Yes, I have even tried primers, but Ive realized the more junk you put on your face, the worse it will look. Id much rather touch up once or twice a day with a pressed powder than run around all day with globs of product all over my face.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by xh_minime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am loving all of LM products.
My skin has had a major breakout recently due to work stress, so I am skipping the foundation. Instead, I use Clinique SPF40, LM Flawless Fix to conceal my cystic pimples, and then set it off with LM Pressed Setting Powder.
The makeup is sheer, and I don't need to touch it up throughout the day as it sucks all the oil off my oily skin, leaving it smooth and fresh.
I will most certainly buy a second compact!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A little goes a long way with this product (if you see a white cast, you're probably putting on too much)... I use this to touch up throughout the day and I am in love with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by varmintrifle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this over my LM tinted moisturizer to set it with a kabuki brush. If I apply too much, I just spritz some toner on my face to set it better. This is good for touch-ups throughout the day. It doesn't make your face look over-powdered by the day's end and is perfect to use with tinted moisturizer. I do not know great it looks on other skin tones, but does not show on my very pale skin. At first I hated the sponge applicator but it's grown on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by sfgal2009

My HG translucent powder. I've been using this every since I can remember. (Maybe 8 years?) Love it. It's great for a night out when I wear foundation (I usually don't wear foundation during the day) and I use it over the foundation to set it. My MAC Studio Fix powder is too heavy to use with foundation and makes dark spots, so Laura Mercier's Translucent powder is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

I had been using MAC pressed powder, but it started to make my skin itch, so I switched to this. This powder is just lovely - fine texture, delicate feeling on skin. I use it set my make-up and to take care of mid-day shine. Works year-round for me and I'm on my 2nd compact. Expensive, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by MandaLuv1119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this translucent pressed powder to set my LM tinted moisturizer. It works very well for that purpose. I should note that I have a light, cool skintone, so the whiteness of the powder doesn't make much of a difference on my skin. Also, I don't have oily skin, so I don't have much need for shine control.

Bottom line: it works great if you wear TM and want to set it but not add extra coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by ViviG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it. I'm cool toned and there is a cooling white cast to this that gives me the perfect base. I'd buy it again for the gorgeous compact alone, which is heavy and substantial - feels like a quality item. There's a nice big mirror too. This is the perfect compact as far as I'm concerned. It deserves a great pair of sunglasses as its handbag companion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a setting powder, I don't like it. I'm pale (MAC NC20, BB Warm Ivory) and this LM powder is white. It takes away the tiny amount of warmth I have in my skin and washes me out. It also doesn't mattify for long, maybe an hour at the most before I have to reapply. Also, it makes me itch HORRIBLY. I don't know if it's the bismuth, the talc or the silica, but ones of them makes my skin crawl! If it weren't for that, it actually wouldn't be bad as a touch-up powder. It doesn't cake up and it doesn't disturb my makeup underneath. It just cuts the shine for a while. I got a free mini of this from Sephora, but I wouldn't purchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No