September 14, 2014 | 2169 users online

Styling Products - ISO - Bouncy Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Holrk

I don't know what took me so long to buy this product. I have read great reviews about this product for YEARS, and finally bought my first bottle. I usually have to use a gel, so I tried my Biolage Gelee with the ISO and I have soft, beautiful, very shiny curls. I have never seen my hair so shiny. I apply the gel first, then layer a small amount of ISO over that, and it works great. It doesn't seem to work that great for me in humid weather, I use AG: recoil for that, but for the fall/winter, this is going to work beautifully. I am so happy I finally tried this. It is definitely a HG item for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Heidi1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I have both the creme and the spray. I use both. What I do is I put the creme on my hair right after showering (I do not ring out my hair or towel dry or anything, I put it on while sopping wet) and scrunch it in. I use one pump of it and then I let air dry for about 15-20 minutes. Then I diffuse my hair and scrunch while drying and it makes my hair really soft, curly and incredibly shiny. Then as a stay put hairspray kind of thing for my hair, I use the Bouncy Spray. I find that ads the little extra added touch of volume, and more definition to my curls. I spray upside down first, about three times all over, then flip up, and spray a couple times all over. I love the smell, even if it does smell like an 80's perfume ( I find it smells like the perfume "Tribe" anyone remember that stuff?) I have fond memories of the 80's. I will repurchase again and again...not quite sure yet if this is HG material, but close.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by venusmagick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on MUA reviews, and it is performing exactly as everyone has described. I mix it with a light gel for hold, and I end up with soft spiral waves and curls. I even have a spray bottle with a mixture of this and water that I spray with on day two and diffuse to revive the curl without having to shampoo. I have long, fine to medium, wavy, long layered, highlighted hair and live in a very dry climate. I do have to work to get serious curl action, and seem to have found my ideal technique. After shampooing roots and conditioning ends (and using a very wide-tooth comb before rinsing conditioner out), I squeeze the excess water with a towel (don't rub), then use a light leave in conditioner (Bumble & Bumble Tonic Lotion and Brocato Cloud 9 Miracle Repair mousse are good) and let it soak in a minute or two. I finish by rubbing together a penny-size amount of the ISO and a large pea-size amount of hold gel and scrunching into hair. Then I diffuse dry and stop when it slighly damp and let it air-dry the rest of the way, without touching my hair until it is completely dry. Sometimes if I have any frizzy areas, I will rub a bit more Bouncy Cream between my thumb and finger and run them down the hair sections, twisting the hair around my finger to help encourage the curl. Works great! Definitely will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2006 9:31:00 PM More reviews by purpledream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This works **beautifully** for soft, bouncy curls. It really reduces frizz and allows curly hair to do it's thing (with NO - absolutely NO - crunch). Smells *awesome* and is not expensive compared to others at beauty supply stores ($9 for 8.5 oz). Like others have said, I experience the product seperation when this is mixed with a thick gel. I, like others, mix it (half a pump to a full pump, depending on length and texture) with a thin gel like Paul Mitchell Round Trip or Aura's Flaxseed and Aloe. Either of these makes an *excellent* combo with the Bouncy Creme. I can not imagine why I would ever have to look around for another curl enhancing creme again - this is everything I want and more. Finally, the search is OVER. If you want super soft, bouncy curls, you need to look here.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 12:13:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I couldn't have a curly day with out this product! It is the only styling product I have stayed with in the past 6+ years (since 1999). I have fine wavy hair. As the name says...it gives my curls that "bounce". It has to be used with something else to help with frizz/hold. But it really does make my waves bounce up into those bouncy perfect curls. You do have to be careful not to use too much though or your hair will go limp. I just wish it wasn't so hard to find (the salon where I used to live was right across the street from my work and they carried it). I have to ask my salon to order it special or order myself online. I know it isn't for everyone...but it is so worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by harms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have thick wavy hair that I wear curly. I have been told that my hair folicle is thin, but that I have a lot of it. My Holy Grail styling products are a small mixture of ISO Bouncy Cream and "Herbal Essence Maximum Hold Mousse for Volume and Managability" scrunched through my towel dried hair and diffused a little. My hair goes from being naturally wavy to full volumous ringlets that strangers stop me on the street to admire. I am thrilled that such inexpensive products work so well. I have tried a million other high end products from department stores and salons and absolutley nothing works as well as this combination. I actually had a stylist at a salon on Rodeo Drive whisper to me that I should try Bouncy Cream instead of the stuff that they sell there. I also brush my hair before I get in the shower only. I finger comb it in the shower with conditioner. I don't brush it when i get out. If you have similar hair to me, you have to try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2006 10:04:00 PM More reviews by zibra73

This stuff is FABULOUS!! I have been searching for the perfect product for my naturally curly hair and this is it!! I have tried so many different products and none of them do what this product does. I can lay down on a pillow and get up reshape my hair and I'm ready to go again, my hair has never been able to do that with any other product. I'm going to repurchase this product over and over again and hopefully they will never discontinue this product, because to me this is the best product in their line. ISO is FABULOUS!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2005 11:59:00 AM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

after hearing the raves on naturallycurly.com, i tried a sample of this cream...and i've just purchased my first full bottle. for me to finish a sample, then buy full size, is a quite a rarity. i'm fickle. loyal to only the whims of my hair.

my fine, curly hair becomes weighed down so easily with any kind of styling cream, so i was wary. but this cream is almost weightless, moisturizes a little, and really defines my curls.

as others have mentioned, if i use heavy gels with it, the bouncy cream seems to ball up and i see little white blobs of product in my hair. using thinner gels and styling serums eliminates this problem. i've had excellent luck combining the cream with paul mitchell extra body styling gel.

all in all, an excellent product. ulta is running a special, and i bought a huge bottle for $3.99.

UPDATE: this has begun to weigh my hair down. downgraded from a 5 to a 3.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2005 5:41:00 PM More reviews by redhairdreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product came highly recommended by a trusted hair stylist. But I wasnt impressed. not for the price either. Still on the lookout for good curly hair products

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2005 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett3030

I didn't really care for this product. Did nothing for my fine curly hair.