December 19, 2014 | 1376 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay True [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by onefineday01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this for a couple of weeks, but so far I'm really liking it. I'm using the very lightest shade, Ivory, which I was unsure of because it's a pink base and having so much redness in my cheeks I try to aim for a neutral base, but it has really surprised me. It matches my skin tone perfectly, and covers the red without changing the color of my skin; even the make up artist/sales associate could not tell that I had it on - she just kept talking about how flawless my skin was (which it's not!) and finally I got her to understand that I was wearing the Stay True and she was shocked that I had foundation on - it matches that well. My face feels clean all day while wearing this, it controls oil well for me, and doesn't change color - which every other Clinique foundation does on me. It's more expensive than the Mary Kay medium coverage that I've been wearing, but looks so much smoother on that it's worth the price bump. I find that it blends easily. For overall ratings I took off a lippie because of the packaging. The opening in the jar is too wide, leading to easy spills, and I'd love to see them put this in a pump, but at least narrow the mouth of the jar. Overall, this is the best foundation that I've found so far, and would absolutely buy again. Thanks Clinique!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ghoulqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried the Clinique Stay true in Stay ivory, which is supposedly their lightest shade. I liked it because I have very oily skin, and it seemed to stay well, but the low rating is because the shade is too dark for me. It seems to look alright when I first put it on, but then it seems to oxidize into an orange-ish color that is just not appealing. I tried just about everything to mask the color, so overall good lasting foundation, just not apparently good for me. (Or any other really super fair chicks out there.)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jmr2546

It dried too fast. and the color range is bad, only a few.
not blendable at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is great and I was surprise not to see it on here. It's oil free and really good if you have oily skin. I found that most foundations I have used 'slip' by lunchtime as my face is so oily. This foundation gives a great medium coverage, it doesn't clog and it gives you a lovely glow. I do have to touch up with blotting powder a couple of times in the afternoon but apart from that it keeps the shine at bay! Itdoesn't crease either which I like, I sometimes get that round my nose and I hate it but none here! You can also layer this for more coverage and it really even's out skin tone. I use the lightest shade and it doesn't make me look ghost white either! It is mattifying which is great for me. I will definately be keeping with these guys on this one. I use Benefit Get Even as blotting podwer orUrban Decay mineral foundation/power and it looks great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by MK1997

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not understanding all of the negative reviews on this foundation. This foundation does not appear as "foundation" on my skin. It blends right into my skin tone and just makes my skin appear flawless. I am using the Ivory 01 and the color could not be better. I think that if you find tha it looks too ashy or chalky, you could be applying too much. I would try a lighter touch. I have redness in my cheeks and this foundation covers the red without the need of multiple layers. Overall it gives the look of natural skin, covers the flaws, covers the redness, does not sink into the few lines that I am starting to noticed and stays on pretty well through the day.
I do agree that the packaging could be better. Would be nice if they would put this in a pump form.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2009 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Sophieexx

Not for me, it was streaky and went an orange colour. The sales assistant gave my the second lightest colour, which was way to dark. The only good thing is that my friend wears it and it looks great on her ??!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Didn't work for me at all and the reasons are
1)the colore range here where I live is very limited we have 3 or 4 shades and none of them is a good match although for me all the shades that clinique has to offer are quite odd and they tend to be more on the pink side even the yellow based shades have pink in it and they give slightly ashy look and this happens mostly because clinique represents a more "healthy" side of the make up and apparently pink is healthy.
2)the texture is thick although this foundation offers hardly medium coverage
3)has completely matte/dry/uneven finish
4)drys fast and blends difficult
5)if I use a small amount I get no coverage at all and if I use a little more I get the mask effect
6)after a while the colore changes becomes at least two shades darker
The good part is that is oil free and has quite skin frendly formula,I like the price also and last it has good staying and oil controling power.I believe that this foundation will be good for teenagers with oily skin and no other issues

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by BeatleGirl9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Save your money girls! If you have oily acne prone skin, run in the other direction. This foundation made me look ridiculously greasy. My Cover Girl Aquasmooth I get for 7 bucks at Wal-Mart is better than this stuff. I took it all back and got a full refund. I broke out a few days after using this product. I got three huge zits. Never again will I ever use this! Terrible product honestly!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok this stuff just ended up being awful...I took it back If your a weird freaky pink color you're gonna love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by fathead

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

yuck yuck yuck. looks ok as you put it on - note - you have to be really quick in application because once its dried you cannot blend. i bought it in vanilla shade, but it just looked orangey buy the first hour. bottle is also a bit touch-and-go, is compact but could be hard to get the last of it out. i wouldnt know, i wont continue using it. not worth the price.