December 21, 2014 | 889 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by dri5hti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only thing that works on my hands and feet. Love it. It's scent free, thick and a small amount is enough. I can see how this could be greasy for other people but it's perfection on my very dry skin. Also, my chapped lips have disappeared (nothing has worked on them before)
This leaves a light residue after but I prefer this texture over the type you get from lotions.
Have repurchased this for the third time. It's a godsend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by xlipstickloverx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hey its my new fave hand moisturiser, i dont spend on big brands or 'miracle' creams unless Im sure it will make a difference (maybe used sample fitst!) and this is quite easy to find where I live so no problem getting it if i run out which wont be for a long time judging by usage. At first yes it seemed slightly heavy or greasy but in the current weather - its turning colder by the day, this is keeping the flakies away and my cuticles smooth. Best of all it don't cost much! Try it. x

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by carotan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this every night since my teens, and now in my mid-forties, my hands are soft and looks younger than my face! Yes, it is sticky, tacky, and it sits on top of my skin, but I wouldn't change it for anything else I've tried so far. Everything, from L'Occitane to the yummy Laura Mercier to even La Prairie, they are too liquid and doesn't have the same effect on my skin. Keeping this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is wonderful. Why did I wait for so long to try this? Some readers wrote about how thick it is and hard to spread. Yes it is true but I use it along with a cheap light hand cream and it works great. Just a small amount is enough if you use it like I do . My hands love this.

Ohh i am not finished yet. I had this dry area on one of my cheek for the last 2 weeks where it peels no matter what I do. I put this cream on that area while I was using it on my hands and just one tiny application stopped the peeling and it never came back. That really impressed me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

I have no complaints regarding the effectiveness of this product but I won't repurchase because the consistency makes this so difficult to use as a hand cream. The product is transparent and feels like vaseline. It turns whitish when rubbed on skin. Because of the extremely thick texture, it doesn't sink into the skin easily/quickly. It is also really difficult to spread out onto skin and I feel like I am bruising my hands each time I use this. I can imagine that this would be a good product for small spots of dryness like elbows/cuticles, but this is just wayyy too difficult to use as a hand cream.

My hands are not massively dry so I didn't see any noticeable improvement in my hands. I think this is good for cuticles though, coz it makes my cuticles look better. But this is not enough to make me want to repurchase.

Still on the lookout for a good hand cream!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great little bottle to keep in your bag for fall/winter and on planes. It does a great job moisturizing skin and absorbs pretty quickly. It has a very faint smell that is not unpleasant. I've repurchased a few times already and would consider it one of my winter staples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

What exactly is "a dab" to Neutrogena? I tried a small dot of this product and it wasn't enough. A bit more was way too greasy. The right amount (which I guess is different for everyone) is perfect. If your hands are already too dry, this product won't do that much. If you put on a light water based body lotion first, then a little bit of this product, then your hands will be perfectly hydrated and comfortable all day after it all sinks in.

In the winter, this stuff is a godsend. I love using it on my heels, elbows, knees and calves and even sometimes a tiny bit on my lips. I bought this stuff after a friend let me try hers (and she had dry hands so bad they were noticeably PEELING).

I do find that this is great if you wash your hands a lot but if you have sweaty palms or touch something wet then it will turn greasy and you have to dry your hands off. I find I have to buy this every other winter as it lasts a long time for me. A note to oily or acne prone people: don't get this stuff on your face! It's definitely a pore-clogger.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Claims - True or False?
1) concentrated hydration for very dry, chapped hands: False
2) Leaves hands noticeably softer and smoother: Somewhat true

Packaging:
Comes in a small opaque white squeeze tube with a twist-off cap, which is then packaged in a cardboard box. The tube does not list the ingredients, only the box does. The plastic is soft and easy to squeeze, the cap is easy to twist on and off although I'd prefer a flip-cap as it'd most likely be used for travel. The opening is small which is ideal for ensuring you don't over-squeeze product out.

Formula:
A clear, moderately thick lotion-gel type of consistency, almost sticky without actually being sticky (difficult to explain this aspect of the formula). No fragrance other than a slight ingredient musk.

Performance:
As a hand cream I was fairly disappointed. I found the formula to be too thick to feel comfortable on the skin, yet not very moisturizing on already dry skin. It takes a number of minutes for the cream to be absorbed and until then it feels tacky and greasy, although the skin doesn't look greasy at all. I find that it really only works at sealing the skin as opposed to providing moisture; if the skin isn't already moisturized (naturally or with product) then it really won't do much. It doesn't wash off much with water alone so it's nice if you will be washing your hands a lot. I felt that it didn't really spread properly on my hands, as it would kind of skip areas of my hands unless I used quite a bit of product which just made absorption and tackiness more of an issue. However, I've used it on small areas like my lips, eyes, and on scabs and it worked really well; absorbed quickly, didn't feel greasy unless too much was used, and only went white on my scabs. Used on my eyes I found that it hydrated without leaving my eyes feeling uncomfortable like they can with oil and it was easy to blot or rinse off any excess in the morning. On my lips it helps with providing quick relief but it isn't lasting and cannot be paired with other lip products otherwise they tend to ball up.

Bang for your Buck:
Product contains 50ml of cream and cost around $10CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart. For the amount given and for how much might be needed, it's definitely not worth the price.

Final Consensus:
I was fairly disappointed with this product as a hand cream. Ideally I see it working better as a petroleum jelly alternative for those who cannot use petroleum (I find it to be drying) or for sealing in moisture more so than for providing moisture. Although I do like it on my eyes and somewhat on my lips I would not likely repurchase. I actually much prefer the line's body lotion as a hand cream, both for its quick absorption and better hydrating abilities.
* Overall Rating: 2/5
* Price: 3/5
* Packaging Quality: 3/5
* Repurchase: No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by meilunyan

Personally, I didn't like this hand cream because every time I apply it my hands feel sticky. To make it not sticky I have to put on very little amount but then it is hard to spread around my hands. It kind of feels like Vaseline.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I used to think this was a good hand cream, but I can't say the same anymore. I am coming to find that this cream is too thick to spread on - sort of like petroleum jelly. It's hard to get enough out of the bottle to get some all over my hands... And when I seem like I've put enough for all of my hands, it takes forever to absorb. The smell is neutral which is something I appreciate. I don't like the container for it is really difficult to squeeze out the product when it is almost empty. I've come across more moisturizing hands creams such as Aveeno with much more simplicity to use. I won't buy this again.