August 21, 2014 | 1882 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

The version I have is pale mauvey-lavender(!), cool-toned and not immediately flattering on my NC30-35 skin. But paired with a plum lip liner and blended in well it looks lovely. It looks even better when I slick mauve gloss over. The texture is very creamy and not particularly longlasting. I bought it based on online reviews with very tempting swatches but it's always a gamble. I like it but I'll opt for a different NYX lippie next time, maybe B52 or Heather.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by stampa

The first time I put this on after hunting it down based on Pinterest swatches, I was so disappointed. It was so brown. BUT, I found the trick to be a light hand. If you don't press down as you apply, or if you blot with a tissue, it is the perfect nude for my NC20 skin tone. LOVE.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Mshellan4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this color sight unseen and EWW it's an odd color for my skin!! It's brownish, plumish, with a very blue undertone..makes me look sick or stuck in the 90s..either way it's definitely not for me! The product itself is ok, creamy application and the smell is weird...I will try other colors in this line and see how that goes

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by mom2spyboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After seeing pics of this lipstick online I thought I would love it but sadly that's not the case. The tube I bought was very dark almost a burgundy on my lips. I was hoping for more of a natural mauve shade but that wasn't the case. I don't know if there are different shades sold with this name or what but for me this was just way too dark for my pale complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ely617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this!! Really is a MLBB shade for my light skin but quite pigmented lips. Very, very creamy, but not so much that it transfers a lot or moves around much. No smell or taste, so it's not annoying at all. Just goes on perfectly, without emphasizing dryness, and lasts for a decent amount of time because it is almost a creamy matte color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by 1magine

LADIES! I know that some of you are loyal MAC fans..I too love MAC but also love when I can get a good bargain so I decided to share. If you like MAC "Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipstick"($15) you should try NYX "Extra Creamy Lipstick" ($4) in "Thalia" is a dead-ringer, cost effective and easier to apply. You won't have to keep going over your lips multiple times like with the MAC "Nicki" shade which is rather sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by mjadams92

Love the color! While it may not last throughout the day, color is worth taking the time to reapply

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After hearing from others with pale skin like myself that they treat this as their MLBB lipstick, I wanted to try it. Even though it was cheap, I regret buying it!

The color has too much brown in it to match my lips and looks garish on me (my lips are a light berry-pink color naturally). The smell and taste are HORRIBLE. I felt nauseous the moment I licked my lips with it on because it tasted like cleaning product! The smell is very chemical too.

I'm very disappointed because NYX has such a variety of color options and I don't trust that a different color would taste or smell better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lcarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There are multiple versions of this product floating around. The differing ingredients lists are a testament to this. I've owned three tubes of this lipstick (I lost the first one :() and they've all been very different. The first one - which I'm pictured wearing in pic 9 out of 13 - is more of a mauvey pink, and is scented. Another one I have is a bright pink and unscented. The other one that I have is more of a browny pink and does have a scent. These discrepancies may explain the mixed reviews.

My favorite version is the bright pink. It's a nice MLBB shade, brightens up my face, and makes my teeth look whiter. Very natural looking and good for everyday wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLouise18

I was at Ulta with my eyes set on the NYX color fig. But I saw this and immediately swapped them. I am surprised that so many people say this is a dark color. I am fair and for me it is a MLBB color, only with a hint more purple. I do like the consistency, it is creamy, not drying. I can't smell a thing unless I put my nose right to it. It doesn't last very long on me, about as long as a good lip gloss. The packaging is fine, nothing special. The fine print on the packaging annoys me, I feel it would have looked much better as just plain black.