October 25, 2014 | 1358 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ouicestloui

I have very fair skin (MAC nc15) and I've got pretty coloured lips. The lipstick looks greyish purple in the tube but it gives me brown lips, and it looks really weird. Also, it has a really bad smell and taste of soap (yuk!).

PROS
Super creamy
Good packaging and price

CONS
Brown lips, ain't pretty for us with fair skin
Smells awful

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my version of mauve. I have very fair skin, and NYX's Mauve is just too dark for me. I still wanted something in the mauve family, so I tried Thalia. I love it. It's lighter than Mauve, and works better with my skin tone.

These NYX round lipsticks are very creamy and slippery, so the color does not last as long as I would like. Layering it over a matte lip pencil helps though, I like to layer Thalia over a NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Natural.

Also, these lipsticks have a strange scent/flavor, which I can only describe as perfume-y. It's like licking a dryer sheet. I'm so used to MAC's vanilla scent that NYX's scent is just plain weird to me. Tolerable though.

Overall I am very pleased with this lipstick. If you're looking for a mauve color and have a very fair complexion, I would recommend Thalia. I find myself using it more often than I thought I would. It's a color you can wear daily, sophisticated but natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

The version I have is pale mauvey-lavender(!), cool-toned and not immediately flattering on my NC30-35 skin. But paired with a plum lip liner and blended in well it looks lovely. It looks even better when I slick mauve gloss over. The texture is very creamy and not particularly longlasting. I bought it based on online reviews with very tempting swatches but it's always a gamble. I like it but I'll opt for a different NYX lippie next time, maybe B52 or Heather.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by stampa

The first time I put this on after hunting it down based on Pinterest swatches, I was so disappointed. It was so brown. BUT, I found the trick to be a light hand. If you don't press down as you apply, or if you blot with a tissue, it is the perfect nude for my NC20 skin tone. LOVE.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Mshellan4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this color sight unseen and EWW it's an odd color for my skin!! It's brownish, plumish, with a very blue undertone..makes me look sick or stuck in the 90s..either way it's definitely not for me! The product itself is ok, creamy application and the smell is weird...I will try other colors in this line and see how that goes

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by mom2spyboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After seeing pics of this lipstick online I thought I would love it but sadly that's not the case. The tube I bought was very dark almost a burgundy on my lips. I was hoping for more of a natural mauve shade but that wasn't the case. I don't know if there are different shades sold with this name or what but for me this was just way too dark for my pale complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ely617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this!! Really is a MLBB shade for my light skin but quite pigmented lips. Very, very creamy, but not so much that it transfers a lot or moves around much. No smell or taste, so it's not annoying at all. Just goes on perfectly, without emphasizing dryness, and lasts for a decent amount of time because it is almost a creamy matte color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by 1magine

LADIES! I know that some of you are loyal MAC fans..I too love MAC but also love when I can get a good bargain so I decided to share. If you like MAC "Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipstick"($15) you should try NYX "Extra Creamy Lipstick" ($4) in "Thalia" is a dead-ringer, cost effective and easier to apply. You won't have to keep going over your lips multiple times like with the MAC "Nicki" shade which is rather sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by mjadams92

Love the color! While it may not last throughout the day, color is worth taking the time to reapply

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After hearing from others with pale skin like myself that they treat this as their MLBB lipstick, I wanted to try it. Even though it was cheap, I regret buying it!

The color has too much brown in it to match my lips and looks garish on me (my lips are a light berry-pink color naturally). The smell and taste are HORRIBLE. I felt nauseous the moment I licked my lips with it on because it tasted like cleaning product! The smell is very chemical too.

I'm very disappointed because NYX has such a variety of color options and I don't trust that a different color would taste or smell better.