April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this from a MK rep as a sample; the sample was really cute! Despite that, I think it went bad because it smelled like rancid paint! The only good part that deserves one lippy is the texture, it was smooth. I tried this lotion again from a friend and it smelled borderline rancid. Hers was probably more fresh. I think the oils in this cream goes bad very easily. I don't understand the rave about this cream, it's really not all that great. It's comparable with the Aveeno creams, but different smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by 1beauty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

This review is for the new Fragrance Free version. My hands were so dry I was getting scabs on my wrists. I had what's officially called a handwashing rash. Naturally occuring aka Clinique sort of fragrance free items don't bother me. The synthetic or masking fragrances in products cause me to have allergic reactions and swell. This new version of Satin Hands is what I've been waiting for. The scrub has a scent but it's not perfume (synthetic). The hand cream is moisturising and non-greasy and might have a naturally occuring scent but I couldn't detect anything. The Extra Emollient Night Cream in this set is WITHOUT fragrance and WITHOUT COLOR! That's right...the original EE Night Cream without the fragrance or color! For those that have never tried the EE Night Cream, some of the previous reviewers talk about how the cream might as well be Vaseline. This kind of looks like a thick Vaseline. The difference is IT'S NOT. If you can't detect subtle differences in creams like this, then you've got healthy non-sensitive skin...so don't worry about it...nobody's talkin' ta you. If you've been wishing for this very product since the companies inception 45 or so years ago...WOO HOO! It's here. The set is approx $35US. I imagined the bottles would be bigger but beggars can't be choosy (and if they are, they're either not really beggars or they're ungrateful). I rated these products the way I thought a regular (non-sensitive) makeup alley girl might see it. However, $35 to stop your skin from breaking down is a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by dpav

A very nice home "facial" set for the hands. It leaves my hands incredibly soft. I don't know how much Mary Kay is charging to this product now, but I'm pretty sure that all of us can re-create this hand facial with the stuff that we have already owned.

For the heavy night cream: Use Vaseline instead. The major ingredient in that cream is Petroleum, as you can easily tell from how it feels on your hands, right? Well, if you want to be fancier, add some Jojoba oil etc to use with the Vaseline.

For the scrub, any scrub on your counter should work well. But to be on the safe side, don't use something with large and sharp particles.

For the cleansing gel, any of your facial cleansing gel should work as effectively as the one in the set

Finally, pick out your favorite hand cream.

This should also leave your incredibly soft hands without paying something extra or the hassle to find some counter top space or closet space to store the set. Thus, I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product. I use this right before giving myself a manicure. I massage my hands first with the scrub, rinse with warm water and then apply the hand lotion. If my hands are really dry, I apply the night cream but I really only use that during the winter. Leaves your hand really smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by evabigman

I'm not a Mary Kay fan but this is a fantastic product. It's simply a treat for your hands. Afterwards they feel so soft and smooth. My husband even likes me to use it on him.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I am so hooked on Satin Hands now although I wonder if I should do a review for just the lotion or separate reviews for the 3-step system? I usually avoid fragranced products, especially hand creams, so I was very offput by Satin Hands at first, which I got as a gift. It wasn't until after I was introduced to the 3-step step system that I became sold. The hand cream alone is very nice but when used after the Extra-Emollient Night Cream and Scrub, my hands really did feel like satin. I know that's cheesy but it's so true.

I am now deep in my Satin Hands addiction and am givin away mini sets to every woman I know this Christmas. I've noticed that the scent of the hand cream doesn't bother me as much if I use it after the scrub. The scrub has a very nice fruity scent, which seems to neutralize the heavier scent of the hand cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by tinyteacup

I just tried this yesterday...my Mary Kay Beauty Consultant gave it to me as a sample with my order. It made my hands VERY soft! And like other people have said, it is not greasy at all! The only downfall for me about this hand lotion is the smell. Personally, I don't really like the scent. But despite the smell I think I would buy a big bottle in the future just because of how soft it makes my skin feel!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by laneblack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's my gold standard of hand cream. It's pricey but hands down the best one I've ever used. Hands feel soft, supple and not greasy. Can't quite nail down the scent but whatever it is, it's very subtle, pretty, and light. Wish they made this is a smaller package so it's easier to carry in my purse. Hard to go back to the inexpensive stuff after using this. As to packaging, small nozzle faces down and you squeeze out of bottle. Great for thrifty girls, like me, who want to use every last drop! And germophobes, like me, who hate using my hands or finger to scoop out lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love satin hands! It works great and makes your hands soo soft. It's fun to do too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by TheRedDeluge

Received this as a gift and I really like it. I am new to actually taking care of my hands but this stuff is awesome. Love the peachy smell of the scrub and it works well and is yet gentle. Leaves my hands feeling really soft. Love the night cream I use it occasionally. But the hand cream is amazing. It smells a bit funny but it doesn't matter because it works so well at moisturizing my hands. It sinks in well and doesn't leave a greasy feeling on my hands. Really like this stuff. Probably will purchase it myself.

Edit: Bought myself a full size bottle of this and I am going to have to declare that this is a HG product for me. Love it and use it frequently.