Mary Kay Satin Hands

4.3

It leaves my hands like a baby's ass :3
So soft! But the odor is a little weird...

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Purchased this at a MK party and I am very very pleased. For years I've been embarrassed w/the appearance of my hands, and invested in numerous hand creams and lotions that I was unsatisfied with.
I am happy to say that I may have found my HG. Satin Hands makes my hands soft, non greasy, and younger looking. I wish I had found this sooner!!

5 Stars! I work the shipping dept at a computer repair shop, and for 10 hours a day I am handling cardboard boxes. That is so hard on the skin!! Those boxes would dry out my hands so bad that cracking skin and bloody knuckles were the norm. Then, a lovely swapper incl Satin Hands as an extra, and I have been hooked ever since!! I have a counter full of lotions and creams, and Satin Hands is the only one I use. I can't stand slimy, oily, or greasy hands! The same goes for heavy feeling creams....that gross film or residue that never absorbs. Uggg. This leaves my hands very smooth, youthful, and hydrated. As for the scent, it is super light and not noticeable unless you plant your nose to the lotion. The barely there whiff I got was quite pleasant actually. I approve. I have repurchased and will continue to do so!!!

I think this product is just ordinary and it is expensive for what you get. Yes, your hands feel great for about 1 hour. Then it wears away shortly after. I feel the ingredients are cheap and fragrance aweful. I had tried the previous version and it did not have a strong fragrance, but still felt the quality was not there. Seems like water is a major ingredient and not the enriching cream that you would suspect. I prefer L'Occitane's Hand Cream and Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream.

I love this product. I use the hand cream all the time. I am very happy with the way it smells and doesn't leave my hands greasy. I just had a baby and I have been washing my hands a lot more and I was getting dry cracked hands. Itried several hand creams and they did nothing to moisturize my hands. This not only made my hand hydrated it made them silky soft.

I love this, it makes me hands so smooth. For those of you that hate the smell there is a new fragrance free version I would recommend:)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this just recently & I thought I loved it at first (the Mary Kay consultant beauty class was impressively convincing) but it didn't take me long at all to hate it.

The hand scrub does smell like apricot but neither of the other 2 hand products (cream & overnight treatment) that come in this trio do. They are so unpleasantly perfumey that I think I'm going to pass these off to someone who'll want them. I mean it's not overbearing, but it's strong enough for me to hate it when what I was expecting to smell is apricot. I don't care about the scrub, what I wanted was a very rich & effective hand cream & I thought this did the job beautifully at first.

Not anymore. I'm disappointed, especially because I invested $35 into this set that I'm not going to get back... I could refund it to the consultant but I don't want to bother.. I'm afraid I'll get sucked into buying something else instead. Well so much for soft hands from this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is microdermabrasion for the hands. I suffer from really dry skin on my hands from cleaning around the house. My skin is often so dry that it cracks up and bleeds. And when I don't put lotion on my hands ache really badly. I bought this last year, have used it twice a month, and the bottles are half way empty. Since then my hands are soft and beautiful. My cuticles no longer dry up. As embarrassing as this may sound, I've been having this complex with my younger brother for years. He has the softest little hands, and he does nada for them. I always felt odd that as a girl my hands felt really scaly. Before I came across this I was known "Ana Manos de Hombre", trust me, not a nice compliment. My hands now look delicate and soft, even though they tend to scale up every now and then (I have dry skin, nothing can change that), this has made it feel better.

The jewel in this set is the exfoliator. It does't matter what you use after this, your skin will be soft. Baby bum soft. What I do is that I use it on its own for a few minutes or mix it with a bit more sugar sometimes, for further exfoliation. After I'm done, I splash my hands with cold water to cool down the skin. Then I apply the Emollient Night Cream before putting my hands into latex gloves. The next day my hands look glorious! My manicures look polished. I'm not so fond of the third lotion, as it smells a bit fowl. I also feels it doesn't do anything. Another thing I don't like about this kit is the fact that the emollient night cream is scented and colored. It smells of peaches to me. I wish it came in the original version.

I might not repurchase this kit again unless I was unable to get the scrub and the emollient cream on their own. It is cheap if you think about it, considering that for $30 you pay for 3 products. I really suggest this to anyone interested in treating their hands to a makeover. It really does make a difference. But purchase this in another version if possible, because as much as I love it, I don't like the scent. Another tidbit about it is that since I've used it my rings have gone on better. I no longer get the dry ring marks I used to, and they no longer feel uncomfortable.

Came on here to find out if anyone has any problems with the smell of the product, and come to find out that most people do. Mary Kay has always used the least amount of fragrance possible for their products like foundation, and consequently some people are put off by the smell. That's what happens when you use natural ingredients and don't mask the scent with perfumes, like everybody else. I'm guessing it is to save money and pass the savings on to the consumer. Since I buy all my Mary Kay on Ebay, I am always getting the best price. The Private Spa Collection Satin Hands Hand Cream has an off-putting smell. Some people describe the scent as "rancid", I personally would describe it as a "lipid" smell. That is, animal fat. It reminds me of the mink oil I use for my leather shoes. And just like the mink oil, this nifty hand cream does the trick. It leaves hands feeling soft and silky. There is a brief period of stickiness as you are rubbing the lotion in, which then disappears. Like Aveeno, somebody mentioned. Overall it's great, but it's not the holy grail. That for me is Seacret Spa dead sea minerals lotion.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this from a MK rep as a sample; the sample was really cute! Despite that, I think it went bad because it smelled like rancid paint! The only good part that deserves one lippy is the texture, it was smooth. I tried this lotion again from a friend and it smelled borderline rancid. Hers was probably more fresh. I think the oils in this cream goes bad very easily. I don't understand the rave about this cream, it's really not all that great. It's comparable with the Aveeno creams, but different smell.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products