November 23, 2014 | 1984 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by jennasawy012

I love this, it makes me hands so smooth. For those of you that hate the smell there is a new fragrance free version I would recommend:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this just recently & I thought I loved it at first (the Mary Kay consultant beauty class was impressively convincing) but it didn't take me long at all to hate it.

The hand scrub does smell like apricot but neither of the other 2 hand products (cream & overnight treatment) that come in this trio do. They are so unpleasantly perfumey that I think I'm going to pass these off to someone who'll want them. I mean it's not overbearing, but it's strong enough for me to hate it when what I was expecting to smell is apricot. I don't care about the scrub, what I wanted was a very rich & effective hand cream & I thought this did the job beautifully at first.

Not anymore. I'm disappointed, especially because I invested $35 into this set that I'm not going to get back... I could refund it to the consultant but I don't want to bother.. I'm afraid I'll get sucked into buying something else instead. Well so much for soft hands from this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is microdermabrasion for the hands. I suffer from really dry skin on my hands from cleaning around the house. My skin is often so dry that it cracks up and bleeds. And when I don't put lotion on my hands ache really badly. I bought this last year, have used it twice a month, and the bottles are half way empty. Since then my hands are soft and beautiful. My cuticles no longer dry up. As embarrassing as this may sound, I've been having this complex with my younger brother for years. He has the softest little hands, and he does nada for them. I always felt odd that as a girl my hands felt really scaly. Before I came across this I was known "Ana Manos de Hombre", trust me, not a nice compliment. My hands now look delicate and soft, even though they tend to scale up every now and then (I have dry skin, nothing can change that), this has made it feel better.

The jewel in this set is the exfoliator. It does't matter what you use after this, your skin will be soft. Baby bum soft. What I do is that I use it on its own for a few minutes or mix it with a bit more sugar sometimes, for further exfoliation. After I'm done, I splash my hands with cold water to cool down the skin. Then I apply the Emollient Night Cream before putting my hands into latex gloves. The next day my hands look glorious! My manicures look polished. I'm not so fond of the third lotion, as it smells a bit fowl. I also feels it doesn't do anything. Another thing I don't like about this kit is the fact that the emollient night cream is scented and colored. It smells of peaches to me. I wish it came in the original version.

I might not repurchase this kit again unless I was unable to get the scrub and the emollient cream on their own. It is cheap if you think about it, considering that for $30 you pay for 3 products. I really suggest this to anyone interested in treating their hands to a makeover. It really does make a difference. But purchase this in another version if possible, because as much as I love it, I don't like the scent. Another tidbit about it is that since I've used it my rings have gone on better. I no longer get the dry ring marks I used to, and they no longer feel uncomfortable.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by MadonnaFan

Came on here to find out if anyone has any problems with the smell of the product, and come to find out that most people do. Mary Kay has always used the least amount of fragrance possible for their products like foundation, and consequently some people are put off by the smell. That's what happens when you use natural ingredients and don't mask the scent with perfumes, like everybody else. I'm guessing it is to save money and pass the savings on to the consumer. Since I buy all my Mary Kay on Ebay, I am always getting the best price. The Private Spa Collection Satin Hands Hand Cream has an off-putting smell. Some people describe the scent as "rancid", I personally would describe it as a "lipid" smell. That is, animal fat. It reminds me of the mink oil I use for my leather shoes. And just like the mink oil, this nifty hand cream does the trick. It leaves hands feeling soft and silky. There is a brief period of stickiness as you are rubbing the lotion in, which then disappears. Like Aveeno, somebody mentioned. Overall it's great, but it's not the holy grail. That for me is Seacret Spa dead sea minerals lotion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this from a MK rep as a sample; the sample was really cute! Despite that, I think it went bad because it smelled like rancid paint! The only good part that deserves one lippy is the texture, it was smooth. I tried this lotion again from a friend and it smelled borderline rancid. Hers was probably more fresh. I think the oils in this cream goes bad very easily. I don't understand the rave about this cream, it's really not all that great. It's comparable with the Aveeno creams, but different smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by 1beauty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

This review is for the new Fragrance Free version. My hands were so dry I was getting scabs on my wrists. I had what's officially called a handwashing rash. Naturally occuring aka Clinique sort of fragrance free items don't bother me. The synthetic or masking fragrances in products cause me to have allergic reactions and swell. This new version of Satin Hands is what I've been waiting for. The scrub has a scent but it's not perfume (synthetic). The hand cream is moisturising and non-greasy and might have a naturally occuring scent but I couldn't detect anything. The Extra Emollient Night Cream in this set is WITHOUT fragrance and WITHOUT COLOR! That's right...the original EE Night Cream without the fragrance or color! For those that have never tried the EE Night Cream, some of the previous reviewers talk about how the cream might as well be Vaseline. This kind of looks like a thick Vaseline. The difference is IT'S NOT. If you can't detect subtle differences in creams like this, then you've got healthy non-sensitive skin...so don't worry about it...nobody's talkin' ta you. If you've been wishing for this very product since the companies inception 45 or so years ago...WOO HOO! It's here. The set is approx $35US. I imagined the bottles would be bigger but beggars can't be choosy (and if they are, they're either not really beggars or they're ungrateful). I rated these products the way I thought a regular (non-sensitive) makeup alley girl might see it. However, $35 to stop your skin from breaking down is a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by dpav

A very nice home "facial" set for the hands. It leaves my hands incredibly soft. I don't know how much Mary Kay is charging to this product now, but I'm pretty sure that all of us can re-create this hand facial with the stuff that we have already owned.

For the heavy night cream: Use Vaseline instead. The major ingredient in that cream is Petroleum, as you can easily tell from how it feels on your hands, right? Well, if you want to be fancier, add some Jojoba oil etc to use with the Vaseline.

For the scrub, any scrub on your counter should work well. But to be on the safe side, don't use something with large and sharp particles.

For the cleansing gel, any of your facial cleansing gel should work as effectively as the one in the set

Finally, pick out your favorite hand cream.

This should also leave your incredibly soft hands without paying something extra or the hassle to find some counter top space or closet space to store the set. Thus, I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product. I use this right before giving myself a manicure. I massage my hands first with the scrub, rinse with warm water and then apply the hand lotion. If my hands are really dry, I apply the night cream but I really only use that during the winter. Leaves your hand really smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by evabigman

I'm not a Mary Kay fan but this is a fantastic product. It's simply a treat for your hands. Afterwards they feel so soft and smooth. My husband even likes me to use it on him.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I am so hooked on Satin Hands now although I wonder if I should do a review for just the lotion or separate reviews for the 3-step system? I usually avoid fragranced products, especially hand creams, so I was very offput by Satin Hands at first, which I got as a gift. It wasn't until after I was introduced to the 3-step step system that I became sold. The hand cream alone is very nice but when used after the Extra-Emollient Night Cream and Scrub, my hands really did feel like satin. I know that's cheesy but it's so true.

I am now deep in my Satin Hands addiction and am givin away mini sets to every woman I know this Christmas. I've noticed that the scent of the hand cream doesn't bother me as much if I use it after the scrub. The scrub has a very nice fruity scent, which seems to neutralize the heavier scent of the hand cream.