MAC Viva Glam II

3.7

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

Honestly, this is a blind buy. I've been searching for a Mac nude for the past few months on the internet, as the "nearest" Mac store from my home is not so near. So I just lust for Mac swatches online, researching very hard for swatches on different skintones because I don't even know what my undertone is. So naturally, nudes are very hard for me to find, specially those that would suit me perfectly. THIS! Is unfortunately, not a nude for me. Lol. But I finally found the most beautiful MLBB. <3 *tears* The story is, I just grabbed it quickly at the store, not having a swatch on my hand or even a glimpse at it. I depended on everything I saw online. The color turned out a good surprise. It actually is the same as my natural lip color, but of course, more even and more luscious-looking. A bit of a pain to apply, but I think it's the first times. The texture is a dream. Once it's on my lips, it's creamy and soft and heavenly. I didn't get the drying effect others experienced. Oh my God. I can't even stress my love for this. It's true that things will come to you once you stopped looking. Haha. But I'm thankful I finally found this gem. Will repurchase! I still don't have a nude though. -_-

MACís Viva Glam II is a muted pink-mauve shade with a hint of subtle shimmer. This is perfect for when you want to doll up with heavy eyes. Its naturally nude and perfect for daily use too. Its a satin finish so if you didnít want to, thereís no real need for a gloss to go over.

Can be a little drying so I would recommend a primer to your lippies before you apply this.

Kx

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Viva Glam II is my first MAC lipstick, & I love it so much that it's my everyday lipstick. This is a really pretty pink-mauve color MAC describes as a muted pink-beige with shimmer; it's a Satin finish one. I wanted a natural nude shade for my dark (NC45) skin & I knew this would be it as soon as I tried on the tester in the store. If you have dark skin & a hard time with nudes or beige colors, this is great! It isn't too pale or Barbie-looking. The pink brown shade looks good on almost all skin tones.

This finishes semi-matte & of course, it can look & feel a little drying. If your lips aren't ready, it'll be hard to apply. I suggest exfoliate & moisturize before application. I personally use Carmex. Without something underneath, it'll settle into the creases &/or lines in your lips & make them look chapped. Anyway, I think this looks best if I use a matching mauve to line my lips.

Note: I normally would not spend $16 on one lip product but, the entire cost (literally 100%) goes to charity;The MAC AIDS Fund. The money goes to men, women, & children affected. It doesn't just help give money to people with AIDS; it also helps with transportation to & from their appointments, vaccinations, & meals. You really are helping when you get the Viva Glam products. You get a nice lipstick & you're donating! I don't mind spending money on something that goes toward a good cause.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my very first MAC lipstick that I bought right when it came out in the late nineties. I don't wear it very much anymore, but it has special meaning to me. It's a nude pinky beige color with a Satin finish. Satin finishes are one of my favorites from MAC because they are pigmented, opaque, go on smoothly, and are very comfortable to wear. It's very similar to MAC Blankety, so if you prefer Amplified Creme finishes, but like this color, I recommend trying that. This lipstick is for a great cause though. I looove the vanilla smell, and the sturdy packaging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great pink mauve nude for you that can't wear browns!
I planned to buy Cherish or Honeylove, but they where too brownish for me. I pair it with Subculture lip pencil which match my natrual lipcolour perfectly. The reason why I don't give it a 5 is that I don't think it shows up enough on my lips.
I think I prefer lighter nudes like Creme d Nude or with som colour in it like Shy Girl or Creme Cup.

If you are a red head, this lip color will complement your skin! I have been looking for a lip color to suit my color. Pale skin, along with red hair, are two things that are hard to match. If you have pale skin, with pink undertones, this blue toned lipstick is perfect. I order my lipstick off of ebay for a cheaper price. The packaging is nice and the smell is nice.

Didn't like the colour of this on me at all. I don't know why, I usually love browny nudes but this just didn't suit me. I am NC30 due to being a fake tan addict, black hair and grey coloured eyes. I bought this because I like to buy lipsticks in fours (I don't know why! OCD much?) and I'd already chosen Myth to tone down some of my brighter colours, Diva as we're in Autumn and I have never really tried a dark red and HoneyLove as it is just a beautiful nude! Viva Glam II is very similar to HoneyLove but just doesn't suit me as well despite being nearly identical in the tube. It did not last at all on me, I put it on around 2PM and had a hot drink shortly afterwards and it pretty much all disappeared. It is now 4PM and there are no traces left at all. I'm not too disappointed as the money goes to charity but as a lipstick this is a dud.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I first purchased this lippie when it first came out in 1995/96! First nude ever!

VG II is an awesome pinky nude color and looks great w my NC15/NW20 skin tone. Every penny u pay goes to AIDS charity which is another great reason to buy this. It's a satin finish and the color is opaque, comfortably creamy, with a slight sheen and lasts a long time.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My love for this lipstick is SO real! Lol I am NC 50 (summer) NW43 (winter) skin tone and I use this towards the end of the summer when I lighten up a bit. It makes the perfect pinky nude lipstick for me. If I add a gloss it is usually MAC Boy Bait or Double Happiness Cremesheen gloss and it's perfect!!! I tell everyone about this shade because it is my favorite and it's my signature lip when I only want some liner and light makeup. Also! The texture is matte so it's good to moisturize lips first or the color will separate.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Viva Glam II is an interesting color. It can make you look kinda slickly on its own, but layers with Subculture lipliner with Viva Glam V lip glass its beautiful. It a look that I haven't been able to replicate with other colors. I recommend getting it with the lip glass, very pretty.

Recommended for Medium Skin