Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

3.9

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Stearic acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates, Crosspolymer, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Salicylic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Agar, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Red 30 Lake, Fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wish this could work for me, since it is a great exfoliator and makes your skin feel very smooth, but I think I'm allergic to one of the ingredients in it. When I used this product, my skin was normal at the time, and a little on the oily side. After I used this for the first time, my skin felt amazing. It was so soft and smooth and seemed neither oily nor dry. However, a few minutes later it started feeling a little bumpy. When I woke up the next morning, my skin was fully covered in a bumpy, red, itchy rash. If it had given me acne I would have kept using it, because I know that purging is completely normal when using a new product. Developing a rash is quite a bit different! I looked at the ingredients after (probably should have done that before using it...) and I found out that it has Salicylic acid in it, which always causes my skin to react. I still gave it a 3 because for a few minutes before the salicylic acid started reacting with my skin, it was incredibly smooth and soft.

After using the revlon colorstay blemish concealer with softflex, I broke out really bad with the worst type of acne ever: closed comedones. I tried so many products to get rid of my acne, and I can honestly say that this scrub has made a significant difference to my skin. I tried so many products out there to get rid of my acne including AHA, other exfoliators, and even accutane, and none of them made as much of a difference as this neutrogena scrub. Now, I'm not trying to say that this will completely rid everything and is a miracle product, because it didnt and it isn't, but it did get rid of some of my stubborn clogged pores, and smoothed down my skin significantly. I wouldn't use it every day though, because it can be harsh for your skin. For me, I used it about 3 times each week. The smell is so pleasant too, very citrus-y and fresh. Another plus is that it's sooo cheap! I got it around $5-6 at Walmart. Give this a try, I totally think it's worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Have purchased this and the deep clean cream cleanser, though I have recently found the latter the better option at removing blackheads and is more gentle. Regardless, I gave this a four based on other factors.
Have used this roughly for two years every other night and it does a great job at moisturizing my face and revealing healthy skin. I feel it does exfoliate gently and smells great.
The consistency isnt too thick or too runny, just right, and the beads are a good, small size that aren't scratchy or irritating. There aren't too many beads either so it doesn't hurt even if you rub your face hard (some cleansers with beads really hurt my face and cause it to turn red)
I like how my face wasn't dry after I cleansed with that product. I never use this product to cleanse off my make up because it doesn't seem strong enough to take eye make up off and neither would I want to rub in my face with any beads. I always cleanse with cetaphil first then use this after for more thorough cleansing,
Wild recommend this, it is moderately priced and does a good job

Compared to something like the St. Ive's scrubs, this feels like butter on your skin. The little beads in this are not abrasive at all, but still scrub your skin clean. I actually do like the smell, it reminds me of orange creamsicles but in a more medicinal way :]. I like this scrub, but I don't love it. It doesn't really improve my skin in any way or help me with my acne, which is a problem of mine I would love to keep away. I probably wouldn't just buy this again if I ran out of it, but I wouldn't mind going back to it if my skin just needs something gentle again!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Making my skin very soft, I'm using this scrub every day!
It's also very cheap, so definitely worht it!

I LOVE THIS STUFF! and that's saying a lot considering the fact that I'm very hard to please when it comes to my skin. My t-zone is oily and my cheeks are normal but my skin tends to look very dull and flakey so I need something that will scrub away the dullness and clean the oil off my face without drying it out. That's a pretty tall order, but this scrub does it all. It does have exfoliating beads, but they're gentle enough to use every day and it does a good job at scrubbing away all the dead skin. This will also clean all the makeup and oil off your face without drying it out. I absolutely love it. The smell is delicious. It reminds me of an orange creamsicle. The consistency is nice. It doesn't lather up a lot (which is probably the reason why it's not drying) and it won't leave a residue on your face. It's a good price too. You can find it for around $4-5 at walmart. I will definitely repurchase!

Used this a few years ago; wouldn't call it gentle. It left my skin feeling very irritated and looking blotchy and redder than usual.

I bought this scrub bc it was on sale at Walgreens for $4. I absolutely loves this scrub! It doesnt dry out my face or feel harsh on my skin. Also I like the fresh citrus scent! I will re-purchase!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A great, really gentle scrub you can use everyday (especially if you've got combination skin like me.) My husband likes this one too.

The main criteria I have for a cleansing product is whether:

1. It thoroughly removes makeup, especially eye makeup.
2. It does not sting the eyes.
3. My eyes do not feel horrible when I wake up the next day.
4. My skin does not feel horrible the next day.

A big tick to all 4 of my criteria. When I use Clarins One Step Exfoliating Cleanser, my eyes are always feel irritated the next morning when I wake up. I know you are not supposed to use these products around the eyes, but how many of us can be bothered using multiple products to remove our makeup? Neutrogena does what it says - it is gentle and it exfoliates. It even washes off really well. That is a pet peeve of mine with exfoliants - they can be really hard to wash off. Not this one.

The smell is pleasant. Citrusy. I like this product very much.