Trish McEvoy Eyeshadows

4.1

on 12/29/2004 2:52:00 PM

These are the nicest shadows I have ever used. Yes, the amount you get is shocking, in a bad way. But if you have the planner, it makes sense. They are so smooth and easy to blend. They are quite pigmented and last ALL day. These come in a few different options, the shapers, glazes and definers. Shapers are usually matte, but very smooth and silky, glazes are shimmery and beautiful- the shimmer actually stays put, and the difeners are in a class of their own. These are darker colors for lining, they work amazingly if you like to use powder liners, which I do. A lot of the colors are neutrals, with some racy ones here and there. These are definently worth the money for the planner, it makes organizing a dream and is easy to seperate colors for different looks. My bathroom has been taken over by my countless pots of eyeshadows from bobbi brown and it was a mess, this is such a better set up, and product!
By the way, if you are looking for a great neutral eye look- check out the soft peach shaper, with the slightly darker ginger shaper with the broze definer (it has shimmer) its a gorgeous combo. Also, the gunmetal with the charcoal definer with the buff glaze as a highlighter is awesome for a smoky eye.

on 12/5/2004 10:59:00 AM

i had a trish mcevoy artist do my makeup last week. truly, i looked very nice and especially loved the shadows she used. however...i chose not to purchase any of the products for the reason mentioned multiple times on this board. MONEY. these shadows are ridiculiously overpriced at 15 dollars for a small amount. then you have to buy the not very special compact for something like 17. i went to the lancome counter and bought similar colors in a quad for the price of 1 trish shadow.

on 9/1/2004 8:40:00 PM

Trish's shadows are of excellent quality. They have the best texture, bar none, of any shadow I've ever used. The blendability is unparalleled, and they're highly pigmented. The definer/glaze/shadow concept is excellent. The charger system is also very clever and convenient. Unfortunately, the problems with the line overshadow the positives. First, $15 is an exorbitant price for one small eyeshadow that doesn't even come with a compact--just a tacky plastic sleeve. Laura Mercier and NARS charge $18-19 for shadows that are twice the size, and they come in nice compacts with mirrors. She shouldn't be charging more than $8-10 for these. Second, most of the shadow and glaze colors are BLAH. There is a heavy emphasis on various shades of brown. Brown is a nice staple color, but many of us want more variety. These issues really dampen my interest in her line. I'm an eyeshadow fanatic, and I really appreciate the quality of her shadows. But she needs to get the price, packaging, and color issues in order if she hopes to have a truly first-rate line.

on 7/17/2004 10:50:00 PM

Her shadows are fabulous! They never crease, the colors are gorgeous, and they blend beautifully. The definers are triple pigmented powder that are made for lining and are amazing!!! Best powder liners out there! Yes, they are expensive for these small size square shadows, but they are truly worth it. They come in a plastic case to put either in a magnetic compact or a Trish planner page. I believe I may have every color...hehe...can't help it...they're the best!

on 6/1/2004 9:32:00 PM

Big fan here! Trish shadows are superb - texture is wonderful, they blend like a dream. The definer shadows are hands-down *the* best liner shadows on the market IMO. I love the fact that I can buy small pans separately and put them in a charger - all my shadows are in one compact instead of pots of this and pots of that cluttering up my makeup tray. Yes, some of the basic colors can be found elsewhere, but I don't think the fabulous texture is present in other lines, so even the basic colors are well worth the price paid IMO.

on 4/17/2004 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love my TM eyeshadows. I have tried many brands in my quest for an eyeshadow that blends well with good staying power and these really do the job well. These were a surprise find for me, as I wouldn't have tried them had I not purchased a Fast Trak holder (with brushes) first. I bought a couple of shadows to add to the compact and was totally surprised at how easy they were to apply and blend. I have always had a difficult time with shadow not blending correctly or showing up too heavy (MAC especially I had a difficult time with)--but these allow even a novice to have a good experience! An added plus is that the shadows with shimmer don't end up migrating all over your face by the end of the day. They have a nice color range, but I think they would be more popular if Trish came out with more seasonal colors. This is one line where going to the counter for a makeover really is a good idea as a lot of the colors are deceivingly boring in the pan, but really come to life when applied.

on 4/8/2004 9:42:00 PM

I don't think these have anything special to warrant the money. I bought them because I bought the Trish planner, thinking it's a handy way to travel with makeup, and I wanted to fill it with Trish products. But the shadows were not extradinarily good - typical colors, and the consistency was mediocre, kind of chalky. The sales person talked me into buying this cream eye base too which was gross. And they were not cheap! I'm going to return them. The planner works with my stila shadows since they have metal cases that can magnetize to the planner page.

on 3/30/2004 12:24:00 PM

The packaging of this product can be either very good, or difficult. The shadow itself is very good, lasting power and good pigment. You can use the darker shadow (shapers) as a liner, and it will stay most of the day. The problem is that the shadows come in a square metal container which you need to put into a charger or a planner. But, if you go with the McEvoy make-up chargers or planner, you have a lot of different configurations and it can be a wonderful way to store and carry your make-up.

on 3/23/2004 12:02:00 PM

Love Trish shadows. Great texture, great staying power. They are simply beautiful, easy to blend and fun to customize in a planner or charger compact. I know some pple don't like that it comes in little square pans and that you have to buy a separate planner page or compact, but that's the beauty of having 100% control in customization. Besides, I'd be depot-ting anyway. So lemme say it again, L-O-V-E my shadows -- definitely becoming a big, BIG fan.

on 1/30/2004 3:45:00 PM

I adore Trish eyeshadows! They have the best texture, great staying power and are incredibly blendable! I love that she has now made her pans square--it works out that I can fit more pans on a planner page, and therefore never again need to pick and choose which colors to take and which to leave when packing for a trip or when taking my planner with me to work. I know people have complained about getting less and paying more now that these are smaller square pans, but for a line of this quality, I will take paying only $15 for an eyeshadow this versatile and portable any day!