July 29, 2014 | 1142 users online

Treatments - Blue Cross - Cuticle Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Probably the best cuticle & callous remover ever. You don't need a lot, maybe a capful in a 1/2 gallon of water and let your fingers and/or toes soak for 5 minutes. A quick push with the cuticle pusher or scrub with a pumice stone, and you have the softest, cleanest fingers & toes and the whitest nails ever. Plus it's so cheap - I bought a huge bottle for $10 USD, that is going to last me a long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will never be without this (especially since it comes in a humongous bottle). Love to pour some on my mr pedi bar in the shower and scrub away. Really helps with callouses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Last night I was searching the web for best cuticle remover and was guided to this review on MUA. I have used the SH blue gel remover twice in the past, and another emollient urea-based cream (which was better) at Sally Beauty Supply as well but the expiration date came up and I was looking for something better. I have extremely tough cuticles. I applied this product with a Q-tip but did need 2-3 applications and while it was still damp I used a Tweezerman stainless steel cuticle pusher. The dead soft raggedy tissue was very easy to push off. However I did clip off these bits afterwards. I had less trouble with my feet. I use a lot of alcohol based sanitizers in the medical field and they really have hardened my cuticles a lot. So I was not surprised that I needed to mechanically remove them. (I used a nail brush but it was not clean enough.) I would say the quality of my nails is as good as at the manicurists, so I am very happy with the outcome.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by opheliae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

cheap and gets rid of callouses, makes it a 5 for me whether it worked for cuticles or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by LuxeLuver374

A staple in my mani and pedi routine! I dip a clean Q-tip into the bottle and then apply it around the cuticles of one hand at a time. It doesn't take long to work--I only wait about 30 seconds, and then start pushing the cuticles back with an orange stick. I do this once a week, and a lot of what I can only call "gunk" still comes off my cuticles and leaves them nice and clean. I wash my hands immediately after use. I got a pint of it at Sally Beauty Supply for around $6, so it's a great value as well and wil last me a long time.

The only issue I have with this cuticle remover is the dispensing system, which is nonexistent. Sticking clean Q-tips directly into the bottle is basically the only option. However, I am planning to decant some into a cleam empty polish bottle, which should solve this minor problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

A must have for maintaining beautiful hands and feet. Works great with Mr.Pumi Pumice stone. Removes rough calluses/ stubborn cuticles with ease, and it's DIRT CHEAP. $5 at Sallys, and it comes in a huge container. As others said, it is serious stuff though so make sure you follow the directions and keep away from your furniture :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by mntrinemo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh you have got to get some of this! FABULOUS! I also use this after showering on my feet along with a foot file and my feet get baby soft. I'll usually take off all my polish before I get into the shower then do my fingers and feet at the same time. While I'm doing my feet it soaks into my hands and cuticles so I just push back my cuticles when I'm done with my feet and I'm ready for my DIY mani-pedi. . . .er, pedi-mani. Be sure to wash off very well.

I will restate what a different reviewer said: this stuff is CAUSTIC and a bit dangerous. Keep itaway from kids and your eyes. Don't do what I did: I used a creedo blade after soaking my feet and then using this. VERY BAD. It got all the dead skin off and the lanolin leaves your feet nice and slick--I ended shaving off a HUGE chunk of skin on the bottom of one foot the kept on bleeding for a couple of days. I was hobbling around with a bandaged foot for a week while it healed and it hurt like hell.

Anyway, great product but you really must read the label and follow directions.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is amazing. Nothing else I've used has allowed me to degunkify my cuticles as easily and effectively as Blue Cross cuticle remover. It comes in a very nondescript plastic bottle with a flip top (think of the old infusium 23 shampoo bottles) that isn't the best for neat and targeted application of the product but this is so cheap and the bottle is so huge that it really doesn't matter much. I pour a little bit out into an old pigment sample jar or similar container, grab a q-tip and saturate it til it's dripping sopping wet and apply this generously to the cuticles of both feet/hands (sometimes both). I do one foot, then the other, then start pushing back the cuticles on the first foot with my thumbnail (it's that easy!). While I am doing this I make sure to keep the other foot "wet" with cuticle remover. I scrape back the cuticles on the other foot and wash the remover off with soap and water, et voila, immaculate cuticles! The only caveat is that this is effectively a very dilute LYE SOLUTION (read: corrosive) and thus you should be careful not to use it on broken skin, keep it away from your eyes, etc. and wash it off very thoroughly to ensure you're not leaving it on your skin for too long. Other than that this is cheap. effective, easy to use, and should be a staple for anyone who does at home manis/pedis.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

This stuff is great! I never noticed how much gunk and crud remains on my nails and around the nailbed until I started using this. I put a few drops on each nail, then massage it in. Then I use my metal nail pusher thingy and start scraping away. What's really gross is the first time I used it, the debris was yellow, and there was a lot of it (gross, I know). Afterward, my nails looked fresh and healthy, and my nails looked whiter! This humongous bottle with last me quite a while, but if ever I run out, I'll definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! Its a great value, for about $10 you get a HUGE bottle that will last for quite a while.

It works great, too. I apply with a q-tip (its a bit messy, very watery consistencey), let it soak into my cuticle for a minute then scrape off with a orangewood stick. Keeps my nails looking neat and healthy.