October 26, 2014 | 978 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow. This is actually a really good clarifying shampoo, the best I've ever tried actually. I've tried Kenra, Suave, Neutrogena, and Ion, this tops them all. I was pretty skeptical at first because it's so cheap how can it be better than the salon brand Kenra one? Well it is and I'm typically a hair care snob, I'll be honest. I used to use salon brand hair care exclusively but I'm now venturing out into drugstore hair products to see if I can find cheaper products that work for me and this is one of them. The best 78 cents I've ever spent. The reason I like this so much is that it really takes out all the build up in my hair without stripping a lot of my hair color out, over-drying my hair, and making my hair feel like straw which half of the clarifying shampoos I've tried have done (Neutrogena, Suave). I find this to be the most gentle yet effective clarifying shampoo. After shampooing with it, your hair will feel a little more then just shampooed, like all the build up has been taken out of your hair but it won't feel absolutely disgustingly dry. It's still easy to apply conditioner afterward. I have long, thick, somewhat coarse, color treated hair. I also use a lot of styling, leave-in products, and I use a lot of conditioner so I do have quite a lot of build up in my hair over time and this takes care of that. My hair after blow drying is left so much shinier, smoother, softer, and has more body to it. My roots get pretty greasy after the second day of washing but when I use this, I can go without washing my hair for longer. The only negative (not so much) thing I can say about this shampoo, is that I'm not too crazy about the scent. It's not really a bad scent, it's just not particularly amazing either. The scent isn't very strong though so it doesn't stay in your hair. That's the only reason I give it a four, if the scent was really nice and stayed in your hair, I'd give it a five. To sum it all up, I love this clarifying shampoo, it's definitely my favorite so far and it's like the cheapest thing ever, it's not too harsh but it does an amazing, efficient job. If you're a skeptic like I was, just try it out, it's only 78 cents so it wouldn't hurt but I bet you'll love it, especially if you're experienced with clarifying shampoos. Like with any clarifying shampoo only use once a week max and apply more conditioner then you usually use afterward.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There's nothing I can say about this shampoo that others haven't already said. It clarifies well and doesn't strip your hair and leave it feeling like straw. It's a nice subtle scent - not overpowering or lingering. This stuff is not a lifesaver or a gamechanger by any means, but it does what you need it to do and for a ridiculously low price. I've only tried a very few clarifying shampoos but since this one does the job, I'll get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

I don't have anything bad to say about this product (or at least not yet) While it clarifies my hair and gets rid of the build up like it says it does, I'm happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by trishag07

This is the first clarifying shampoo that I've ever used. I love it!!! My hair hasn't felt this soft in a long time! My hair is semi-straight/wavy naturally. I straighten and curl my hair everyday. After the heat protectant spray, serum, and dry shampoo my hair gets "greasy"! Even after I wash it!! Today, I washed my hair with this shampoo and the matching conditioner. After the conditioner I put on the Joico Intense Hydrator for 5 minutes. It left my hair silky soft and clean. No more build up!! I'll be using this once ever two weeks:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by chris00111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long hair that is oily at the scalp and dry at the ends. I use CWC to wash since my hair can get so dry. However this causes serious buildup, so I needed a weekly clarifying shampoo and based on reviews decided to try this one. Wow. It was $.77 and works better than some expensive shampoos I have tried. I washed with this and used a deep conditioner on the ends only. My hair is so soft and shiny it is crazy. I can't stop touching my hair, it hasn't been this soft in awhile. I am VERY happy with this shampoo, but I will only use it once a week as a clarifier since I am nervous about it eventually being too drying. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by UHDPA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Great shampoo for those who skip a day or two between washes. It really clarifies your hair and keeps oil at bay even on the second day. I have used it for about a week now...So far it has been great, it even got rid of my dandruff.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I haven't used V05 in years because it used to dry my hair out. I needed a cheap-o clarifying shampoo to use before applying color to my hair so I got this because it's super-cheap (I paid a buck for it at Family Dollar, but I have seen it at HEB for like 79 cents) and it's cruelty-free. I only used the shampoo and wowee, my hair is SOFT! My hair has NEVER felt this soft before, EVER! My hair is normally very dry, frizzy and horribly damaged from years of bleaching and harsh chemical hair dyes so the thought of shampooing without conditioner sounded simply horrid. This stuff shocked and amazed me. My hair is smooth, soft, shiny, and oh-so bouncy! I can run my fingers through it from rot to tip and it's just so soft and healthy-feeling! I will certainly include this into my weekly rotation! I love the smell too, it smells kind of like green tea to me. I will certainly buy this again!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a pixie cut, and fine, colored hair. I use this daily to wash out the products that I use in my hair, and it's just wonderful for that. My hair is naturally dark blonde, dyed very dark brown. This does fade my hair color a little bit, and would definitely fade a red dye very quickly. I don't mind the fading. This also comes in a family size pump bottle which is nice. It's dirt cheap. I do not like the other Vo5 shampoos and conditioners, but something is different about the clarifying ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by joanieisverynice

This shampoo makes my hair SO SHINY. I always thought my hair was decently shiny. not perfect, but decent. after using this shampoo, I woke up to find my hair had dried to a super glossy smoothness the likes of which I have never experienced naturally. I usually have to run a flatiron over some sections of my hair to get them this way, but I was able to go out in public without even touching my bangs with a hot tool (unheard of for me!). I can't stop running my fingers through my hair, it just feels so incredibly clean and silky. I really like the smell, since it is clean and fresh, and not chemically or perfumey. best of all it is cheap! I don't think I will use this every time I wash, since some reviewers said it can dry out your hair, but it will definitely enter into my rotation when I feel like my hair is getting lackluster. V05 gets a gold star for this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by qcardsforclass

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm surprised at the good reviews regarding this product because it dried out my hair like no other. Even when I used it once a week it still didn't do much but cause my hair to feel straw like. I usually liked the Alberto v05 products but this one just didn't do the trick.