April 18, 2014 | 1829 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Herbal Recovery Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by hannahsarai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very expensive and I am yet to believe this is some sort of miracle cure. Though my skin feels slightly refreshed I don't believe it has helped my pimples at all and would not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by rosyposie

I was looking forward to using this product after a Sephora SA convinced me to buy it for anti-aging benefits. After using it for about a week my skin felt tighter but very dry, especially around my cheeks. I used it with the Jurlique balancing day cream and broke out badly around my chin. I cleared up after a couple days but ended up returning this product as well as the day cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by anna214

I don't know what I think about this product. I got it as a GWP and I quite like it - it feels nice and the idea that I'm improving my skin rather than just caring for it is also nice. But I haven't actually noticed a difference and the price is phenomenal. I plan to test this by only applying it to one side of my face for a week or two and see if it makes a difference, I'll update this once I do!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by leemeing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Firstly, the price is ok if you get from online store, remeber it is 100ml bottle.
Second, it really does good hydrating, I've got combination skin, use it with my normal moistruser in winter will feel comfortable. The gel texture is pretty good for my age, 25-35, if you want to protect your light mature skin, I satisfy with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by stl

I apply this as a night moisturizer, as my skin is oily and I also apply rosehip oil afterwards so it's okay. But I'd say if your skin is dry, this might be too drying without moisturizer. So make sure to moisturizer your skin afterwards. It contains lactic acid, which provides mild exfoliation, so I think that's the thing that "recovers" your skin. Lactic acid is normally very gentle, so it did not break me out. I really like using this, but it's too expensive to buy it again and I am sure there are better products out there. I really love the smell, though.
I might repurchase after a while, but it's not like a must item in my skincare.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 6:17:00 AM More reviews by BERNAY

I got this in a little 15ml bottle that came in a pack and i haven't used it much at all. It's not that it's bad, i'm just personally not a large user of serums (which is what the shopkeeper described it as). Though when summer hits, i think it'd be really nice and refreshing so i'll probably start using it alot in the summer!

The smell also isn't very appealing. Personally it's a little too herbal for me but some of friends say that they like it so i guess smell is more of a personal preference.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the texture. I used it when I got sunburnt and my skin actually felt ok the next day,usually I take about one week to recover. I love the minimalist packaging too. But it's so expensive!!! Plus there are only four Jurlique counters (and 2 day spas) in my country so it's rather troublesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by superiga

Amazing product! Lovely texture, nice smell and wonderful botanical ingredients. My sensitized skin likes it am and pm. Even though it is not brightening (it is not supposed to be) it makes wonders to the overall skin tone - very calming and easily combats oiliness. Get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by cremecup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is more like a serum designed to go under a moisturiser, its not enough on its own particularly if you have a dry skin. The consultant also explained to me that it is an antioxidant boost for the skin, im 26 and have been using it for 3 weeks and my skin has never felt better! I guess it also helps that all of the ingredients are farmed biodynamically which is even better than organic. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 5:54:00 AM More reviews by yidazhou

I really liked it, because I stored it in the fridge, and when I woke up to a hot summers morning, it was the most refreshing thing on my face. But, I found that if you had senstive skin, it really stung, if you apply right before moisturiser, and then the moisturiser would be lie a comforter. It was really watery, and all you needed was one pump from the glass pump, and it got all over your face. You could get two pumps, but, it would have been a it too much for me. I found that the gel was WAY too expensive, because it costed me about 80 dollars. The website says that it was suppose to be for firming wrinkles, and was antiageing, which I must say, was true. It did tighten, and if you had dry skin, it might have felt really good when you apply, but afterwards, your skin would be craving for something cool and wet, with a similiar texture to it. And if it doesn't get what it wants, it'll crackle, if you have extremely dry skin.
So, the Pros and Cons:
Pros: The antiageing, firmness, the nice cooling feeling, need only a small amount, the texture - watery gel like. Packaging - a nice firm glass with pump.
Cons: The price. Dry skin users, beware! It makes you want to use more and more, and if you don't it might crackle your skin.
Overall, it was a good product, especially if you have wrinkles, and I would invest in it for a antiaging firming gel, but it is quite expensive.