April 21, 2014 | 1030 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this in Tender Peach 02 for several years now, after trying numerous liquid and powder foundations for many years before that and ultimately rejecting them all in favour of this.
LIKE:
- It does not break me out. Every other liquid and compact foundation I have ever tried promotes low-grade breakouts, making my skin worse over time.
- It gives a subtly moist, satin look.
- It feels comfortable in any weather. It never feels slippy, sweaty, oily nor dry. It's just right, so I am not aware of it being on.
- It has a neutral/yellow base that matches my skin very well (NC20-25). It's neither orangy nor ashy, but healthy-looking.
- It covers well.
- It stays on well *unless* it gets physically wiped. I just put it on in the morning and provided I don't wrestle anyone during the day ;) it's still intact by evening. A hat can't really be worn with it though - it would come off on that.
- It's not crazy expensive like high end brands.

It's a very commendable all-rounder that I would not be without.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by heenan

sorry peeps after giving the new colorstay such rave reviews ( which is now my 2nd best, slight color issues , sand beige a tad ashey\dingy at times not sure why & i tried mixing it with warm golden then too dark )and yes a hard to describe sticky tacky feeling as others have described... but on a whim after reading some reviews on this it was %40 off at rite aid so i got tender peach based off of reviewers comments. omg such a better color for my asian undertones sort of peacy golden not dingy or ashy at all and this sounds weird but my face feels like it can breathe as oppsosed to colorstay whipped. feels lighter and looks brighter. the compact is lightweight and will be nice to carry in my purse for tuoch ups. i will update for allergic reactions breakouts etc.
EDIT so i found tender peach oxidizes lil darker and slightly orange ...went bak and got lightest color ivory? lookes pinkish at first but after 30 mins warms up to a peachy shade basically what tender peach looks like after application. i apply ivory first to conceal under eyes and uneven cheeks then colorstay whipped sand beige on top very lightly...its feels less tacky 4 sure and stays nice and matte all dat with much better coverage then revlon alone

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by yukina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is so easy to blend and goes on really smoothly onto my skin. I use a flat top foundation brush (ELF) and just place the foundation onto my face in circular motion. I then set it with setting spray. The result is beautiful. The coverage is nice and it's very easy to build it up. The oil control for this foundation is alright. I do dust some powder over it, but I would still have to blot my face every good few hours. I do have combo skin so my T-zone tends to get oily, especially in the summer. Overall, I would stay I am liking this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

The Ivory Beige colour is great for my personal skin tone. It is very easy to apply and reduces imperfections on the skin, great that it has a good SPF. It is good for the skin with the DermaBreathe technology. There is no sheen to it, which is ok, I personally like a little sheen. Coverage is quite good. The way the compact is designed is great but from the outside it looks like an old ladies compact! You need to be careful with the dry spots otherwise the area won't look good when applying and looks worse as time goes by, otherwise, I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great foundation for anyone looking for medium to full coverage. The compact makes this very travel friendly. This foundation is oil free and does not irritate my sensitive skin or break me out. Although it is a cream to powder formula I do find I need to set this with a finishing powder but once I do this lasts me all day. It comes with a sponge but I would advise against using it for applying this makeup. It will apply the makeup too thick and make you look cakey. I prefer to apply this with my Sonia Kashuk Buffing Brush. I just tap the brush into the product lightly and stipple/buff it onto my skin. I find this method applies the perfect amount of product so the results look natural. For the summer I wear the color Honey Beige and when I am really tanned like in my profile picture, Toast..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by swirlgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my all time favourite compact! I have been using this product for the past 5 years now in Toast(09). The texture of it is pretty heavy so you can opt to skip your concealer if you do not have overly pigmented dark spots. Suitable for dry or combination skin, as it can get pretty oily after a while especially in hot and humid weather conditions. Overall I still consider this to be a great product because it stays true to it's name "one-step". There is no need to apply concealer or dust loose powder, but it depends on your preference. And the packaging is pretty nice, considering the fact that it is very reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by louisemorten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absoloutely love this makeup. Gives a great full coverage, and is super easy to apply. I don't use a concealor underneath it, although I do have clear skin. Stays put all day and doesn't rub off on clothes. Doesn't clog pores, easy to remove, matte finish and I'v never broken out from it. It doesn't last that long though, and costs $35 (Aus), they would be the only negatives. Would recommend this to anyone who wants a full coverage without looking like you have caked on layers and layers of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is listed here twice with two sets of reviews, but it's the same thing - Revlon New Complexion One Step Compact Makeup.

It is a creme foundation that comes with a sponge applicator. I use it in Ivory Beige 01. I like to apply it with my fingers, not the sponge.

What I like about it is:

- very creamy consistency to use as a concealer or touch up the face when I don't want to spend time applying a liquid. I would not use it all over the face as it would be too much.

- It dries to a nice matte finish and stays all day.

- It is very fast and easy to use if you are in a hurry.

- It has no scent.

- It lasts. I've had this for at least 3 years and it is like new. It is my go-to foundation/concealer when I only have 5 minutes to do makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I literally used this ONE time and returned it. It looked good and had great coverage when first applied and set. No more then 2 hours later did I regretted using this. I use Milk of Magnesia as a primer to control my oily skin & that lasts me all day. Under this makeup? NOPE. This literally melted right off of my face and looked like I never put makeup on to begin with. Literally in a matter of 2 hours. I looked like a oily splotchy mess. All I saw was pores and all my scars. It looked like I tried to wipe it off with a tissue or something. This was completely horrible for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By all means not the worst foundation I have ever tried. It has a very full coverage which i liked however looked horrible and flakey on my dry skin and I ended up tossing it after converting to estee lauder DW.