September 1, 2014 | 2082 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by rebekahsoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS SO, SO MUCH. It provides nice coverage without being heavy or cakey, and doesn't feel oily, either (: But unlike a powder foundation, it makes my skin look satiny and glowy and light. The price was pretty big, but it's very worth it. definitely my hg foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by wowopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Looks very natural and very easy to blend.You can never put on too much as it does not cake. . it is supposed to be a one step compaq, but still needs to be set with powder otherwise it will slide as it is a cream foundation, and since it is not a thick cream(a cross between cream and whipped), it just slides if ever your hand or whatever gets in contact to your face. Staying power is okay, 2 or 2 hours, but then again, it does not advertise that is is a long staying foundation. It is cream foundation but still it is lightweight. Medium coverage, not suitable if you a lot of hyperpigmentation on the face. Beautiful finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

I bought this by mistake, I thought this was a powder...and surprise!!! it was a cream foundation!
I have very oily skin, so I was afraid, my shade is tan natural (NC40), and i must say I'm liking this a lot. It has a natural finish, not super matte, but it stay on a loooong time! I wore this the first time like 10 hours, and although I had to blot, the foundation was still there.
I have to say I'm very impressed, it actually lasts longer than my colorstay! and the shade matchs me better. The only creme foundation I have tried before was the bobbi brown one, that is soooo expensive, and I think this revlon one works even better and for a third of the price.
The formula is very nice, creamy and easy to apply and blend, it has a medium coverage, and I usually look for full coverage, but this seems to work fine with a bit of concealer, and of course you have to set it with powder.
In conclusion I recommend this a lot if you have oily skin, it doesn make me break out, it stay a very long time, it is easy to apply, the packaging is very convenient and maybe I will buy this again, just because I like to try different things.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by crosario

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this foundation. My everyday foundation is MUFE HD, but I like to have this on hand for my lazy days when I need to be out the door fast. Its a thicker cream based foundation which works well on my combination skin. Its build able for pretty full coverage if you need that, but my skin is not too bad so I use very little. It dries to a powder finish so be sure to blend well. I used my Pro Flawless Airbrush #56 from Sephora to stipple it on and apply it. It comes with its own sponge but I only use that for touch ups and blending around my nose. I have fair skin with yellow undertones so I use the lightest shade and its just a little dark for me, but not noticeable. Its a great foundation to have on hand, and I only use Revlon as a drug store brand because they do not test on animals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this in Tender Peach 02 for several years now, after trying numerous liquid and powder foundations for many years before that and ultimately rejecting them all in favour of this.
LIKE:
- It does not break me out. Every other liquid and compact foundation I have ever tried promotes low-grade breakouts, making my skin worse over time.
- It gives a subtly moist, satin look.
- It feels comfortable in any weather. It never feels slippy, sweaty, oily nor dry. It's just right, so I am not aware of it being on.
- It has a neutral/yellow base that matches my skin very well (NC20-25). It's neither orangy nor ashy, but healthy-looking.
- It covers well.
- It stays on well *unless* it gets physically wiped. I just put it on in the morning and provided I don't wrestle anyone during the day ;) it's still intact by evening. A hat can't really be worn with it though - it would come off on that.
- It's not crazy expensive like high end brands.

It's a very commendable all-rounder that I would not be without.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by heenan

sorry peeps after giving the new colorstay such rave reviews ( which is now my 2nd best, slight color issues , sand beige a tad ashey\dingy at times not sure why & i tried mixing it with warm golden then too dark )and yes a hard to describe sticky tacky feeling as others have described... but on a whim after reading some reviews on this it was %40 off at rite aid so i got tender peach based off of reviewers comments. omg such a better color for my asian undertones sort of peacy golden not dingy or ashy at all and this sounds weird but my face feels like it can breathe as oppsosed to colorstay whipped. feels lighter and looks brighter. the compact is lightweight and will be nice to carry in my purse for tuoch ups. i will update for allergic reactions breakouts etc.
EDIT so i found tender peach oxidizes lil darker and slightly orange ...went bak and got lightest color ivory? lookes pinkish at first but after 30 mins warms up to a peachy shade basically what tender peach looks like after application. i apply ivory first to conceal under eyes and uneven cheeks then colorstay whipped sand beige on top very lightly...its feels less tacky 4 sure and stays nice and matte all dat with much better coverage then revlon alone

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by yukina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is so easy to blend and goes on really smoothly onto my skin. I use a flat top foundation brush (ELF) and just place the foundation onto my face in circular motion. I then set it with setting spray. The result is beautiful. The coverage is nice and it's very easy to build it up. The oil control for this foundation is alright. I do dust some powder over it, but I would still have to blot my face every good few hours. I do have combo skin so my T-zone tends to get oily, especially in the summer. Overall, I would stay I am liking this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

The Ivory Beige colour is great for my personal skin tone. It is very easy to apply and reduces imperfections on the skin, great that it has a good SPF. It is good for the skin with the DermaBreathe technology. There is no sheen to it, which is ok, I personally like a little sheen. Coverage is quite good. The way the compact is designed is great but from the outside it looks like an old ladies compact! You need to be careful with the dry spots otherwise the area won't look good when applying and looks worse as time goes by, otherwise, I would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great foundation for anyone looking for medium to full coverage. The compact makes this very travel friendly. This foundation is oil free and does not irritate my sensitive skin or break me out. Although it is a cream to powder formula I do find I need to set this with a finishing powder but once I do this lasts me all day. It comes with a sponge but I would advise against using it for applying this makeup. It will apply the makeup too thick and make you look cakey. I prefer to apply this with my Sonia Kashuk Buffing Brush. I just tap the brush into the product lightly and stipple/buff it onto my skin. I find this method applies the perfect amount of product so the results look natural. For the summer I wear the color Honey Beige and when I am really tanned like in my profile picture, Toast..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by swirlgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my all time favourite compact! I have been using this product for the past 5 years now in Toast(09). The texture of it is pretty heavy so you can opt to skip your concealer if you do not have overly pigmented dark spots. Suitable for dry or combination skin, as it can get pretty oily after a while especially in hot and humid weather conditions. Overall I still consider this to be a great product because it stays true to it's name "one-step". There is no need to apply concealer or dust loose powder, but it depends on your preference. And the packaging is pretty nice, considering the fact that it is very reasonably priced.