Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 12/28/2012 9:04:00 AM

um NO. JUST NO.
1. if you have oily skin DONT GET THIS, it doesnt even stay 30 minutes, WITH POWDER
2. if you break out easily DONT GET THIS. i almost nevverrr breakout and this made me get pimples and bumps all over my face that were very hard to get rid of
3. the coverage is very light POSSIBLY medium if you put on alot so this is a nono if u want full coverage
4. i read on a couple sites this turns intto a powder? (creme-to-powder) which is supposed to be good for oily ppl. this doesnt get even close to a powder and no matter how much powder i put on it there was still a luminous finish. maybe good for dry or normal girls but acne prone and oily STAY AWAY

on 12/14/2012 9:19:00 AM

I am not a big fan of "drugstore" brand cosmetics. I am now a changed woman thanks to Revlons new complexion one step compact. I paid 6.95 on clearance but the average price is around 12.00, not bad. The coverage is build able, I found I only need 1 light swipe with pad does it as it blends easily. The color I used was light beige and it was perfect. I have a hard time matching my fair complexion. It is creamy and lasts all day in an office setting. I had no settling into fine lines or fading. It gave me nice even coverage and concealed blemishes easily. I give this product 4.5 stars!

on 12/6/2012 2:26:00 PM

I really wanted to love this foundation as it covers beautifully and wears well, but unfortunately the shades available are not fair skin friendly. I purchased the lightest shade, 'Ivory Beige' and it's to dark. I'm a MAC NC15 and it might work well for a MAC NC20 or NC25. I've heard this is being discontinued too.

on 11/15/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this for a couple of months for special occasions where I want to have more coverage. On usual days, I'll just apply light make up, concealer & a thin layer of my ZA's 2-Way Cake.

So, my review for this product? I love it! I am able to control the 'thickness' of the coverage that I desired. Just dabbed a little around my face and from the center of my face, I'll blend it outwards.In which I will just lightly apply my Revlon's New Complexion Loose Powder #2 to set the foundation & I'm good to go!

Lasting power? I do blot my T-Zone every 4-6 hours. But the foundation does stays on throughout the day (for me).

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5

Price: 3-4/5 (Slightly more expensive for drugstore product but it does show results!)

Results: A+

Re-Purchase?: YES! But only when I finish my current one. :)

Im a regular user of Colorstay foundation, for combination oily, but the shade doesnt feel right for me anymore. I tried the next one and it was too dark for me. So I tried to switch foundation and bought this one. It has the perfect color for what it would supposed to be my tone, but the lasting power is not too impressive compared with colorstay (which lasts me about 12 hrs). The formula feels like nothing on my skin, and the coverage is medium, but buildable. I like this very much, not changing my colorstay just because that one has better coverage

on 9/2/2012 3:58:00 AM

I LOVE THIS SO, SO MUCH. It provides nice coverage without being heavy or cakey, and doesn't feel oily, either (: But unlike a powder foundation, it makes my skin look satiny and glowy and light. The price was pretty big, but it's very worth it. definitely my hg foundation!

on 8/26/2012 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Looks very natural and very easy to blend.You can never put on too much as it does not cake. . it is supposed to be a one step compaq, but still needs to be set with powder otherwise it will slide as it is a cream foundation, and since it is not a thick cream(a cross between cream and whipped), it just slides if ever your hand or whatever gets in contact to your face. Staying power is okay, 2 or 2 hours, but then again, it does not advertise that is is a long staying foundation. It is cream foundation but still it is lightweight. Medium coverage, not suitable if you a lot of hyperpigmentation on the face. Beautiful finish.

on 8/12/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this by mistake, I thought this was a powder...and surprise!!! it was a cream foundation!
I have very oily skin, so I was afraid, my shade is tan natural (NC40), and i must say I'm liking this a lot. It has a natural finish, not super matte, but it stay on a loooong time! I wore this the first time like 10 hours, and although I had to blot, the foundation was still there.
I have to say I'm very impressed, it actually lasts longer than my colorstay! and the shade matchs me better. The only creme foundation I have tried before was the bobbi brown one, that is soooo expensive, and I think this revlon one works even better and for a third of the price.
The formula is very nice, creamy and easy to apply and blend, it has a medium coverage, and I usually look for full coverage, but this seems to work fine with a bit of concealer, and of course you have to set it with powder.
In conclusion I recommend this a lot if you have oily skin, it doesn make me break out, it stay a very long time, it is easy to apply, the packaging is very convenient and maybe I will buy this again, just because I like to try different things.

on 8/10/2012 7:33:00 PM

I really love this foundation. My everyday foundation is MUFE HD, but I like to have this on hand for my lazy days when I need to be out the door fast. Its a thicker cream based foundation which works well on my combination skin. Its build able for pretty full coverage if you need that, but my skin is not too bad so I use very little. It dries to a powder finish so be sure to blend well. I used my Pro Flawless Airbrush #56 from Sephora to stipple it on and apply it. It comes with its own sponge but I only use that for touch ups and blending around my nose. I have fair skin with yellow undertones so I use the lightest shade and its just a little dark for me, but not noticeable. Its a great foundation to have on hand, and I only use Revlon as a drug store brand because they do not test on animals.

on 7/26/2012 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this in Tender Peach 02 for several years now, after trying numerous liquid and powder foundations for many years before that and ultimately rejecting them all in favour of this.
LIKE:
- It does not break me out. Every other liquid and compact foundation I have ever tried promotes low-grade breakouts, making my skin worse over time.
- It gives a subtly moist, satin look.
- It feels comfortable in any weather. It never feels slippy, sweaty, oily nor dry. It's just right, so I am not aware of it being on.
- It has a neutral/yellow base that matches my skin very well (NC20-25). It's neither orangy nor ashy, but healthy-looking.
- It covers well.
- It stays on well *unless* it gets physically wiped. I just put it on in the morning and provided I don't wrestle anyone during the day ;) it's still intact by evening. A hat can't really be worn with it though - it would come off on that.
- It's not crazy expensive like high end brands.

It's a very commendable all-rounder that I would not be without.