April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - Antishine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2003 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

This really controls oil very well....the whole day. The MAIN problem is that I can't even put it on evenly it has such a "stiff" texture that simply dries up the minute it touches face...how to apply w/o looking patchy?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2003 11:34:00 AM More reviews by FudgesFrog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far, the best mattifying product that I've used, though not perfect. I have Neutral, which is bascially a clear gel. It sinks into skin, without sitting on the surface, helping foundation glide on. It does a good job of keeping oily shine at bay, but doesn't last all day (if only I could find a product that did)...though, this may be asking a bit much of any product. The tube is on the smallish side (especially for the price), but it lasts quite a while since you don't need to use that much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2003 11:27:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

This is the only mattifying product I've tried that has any staying power. MAC Matte does make you matte...for about 5 minutes. This does a really good job of controlling oil and minimizing shine over a decent period of time. I can't really see myself wearing this as a foundation--it has little to no coverage and is a rather thick gel/cream, strange texture for a foundation. As an oil control product used over foundation it works well, however. This is pricey stuff but a tiny amount goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2003 7:58:00 PM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

WOW! seriously this keeps me SUPER matte, and i'm VERY oily. i'm amazed, but its SO expensive!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2003 3:58:00 AM More reviews by kiss_me83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oil controlling power is quite good, doesnt break me out, will buy it again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2003 11:24:00 AM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

too heavy, semi-opaque. dry silicony, finish. didn't see any real difference in the wear of my makeup and the amount of oil on my face over time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2003 8:56:00 PM More reviews by tiggerfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this all by itself during the summer when I'm tanned and don't wear foundation. It controls my oily spots nicely. But to be fair, I don't have very oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2002 6:14:00 PM More reviews by sabine

why am i the only one who didn't like this? i think it made me OILIER SOONER?! huh?! i was incredibly disappointed. i really wanted to like this. oh well. and it's SO EXPENSIVE!!! argh. i'll stick to my DDF mattifier sample...which has lasted forever and really does work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2002 8:48:00 AM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff since it's the only oil-contril item that really does the promise. Fortunatly, it did not break me out and my super oily skin can't be happier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2002 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. It's a great mattifier and a little goes a long way. I have very, *very* oily skin, so I was pleasantly surprised to find something that works so well. The Smashing Neutral is great for someone with fair skin (like myself). I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.