November 21, 2014 | 1631 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Mulch

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i had heard so many rave reviews about Mulch, but it always looked so boring. it definitely isn't boring.
the colour is a medium to dark chocolate brown with a subtle bronze sheen running through it. in the pan it looks like it even has some rainbow sparkles in it, but obviously once it's applied, it all just appears as this very dimensional brown. because it has the bronze to it, Mulch i would say is on the warm side, but i would still give this a go even if you dislike warm colours because i think this can look different on eyeryone.
this isn't shimmery like 'Sable' or 'Tempting', so for that reason it doesn't work as a lid colour for me (personally), but this is absolutely great as a crease colour, because it's very defining, but isn't a matte brown, so it won't darken the look too much, but will still add definition because it's not shimmery.
lastly this has great pigmentation and is buttery, thanks to it being a Velvet.
a versatile colour, and i think an easy, basic brown to own.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Explorer1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this colour to be so hard to use, too easily it went a muddy colour, making my eyes look bruised. Swiss Chocolate works much much better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by dcshoesroxmysox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Target out of all places now supplies M.A.C Cosmetics! I bought this one at target for $19 AUD and it is sooo good! The colour is a dark brown with gold specks and a coppery undertone. Its so pigmented and just a great all rounder brown. This is perfect if you love neutral eyeshadows. You should definitely add this one to your collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

OMG! I love this eyeshawdow! It makes my brownish gold eyes really stand out. It is the perfect bronze brownish color with I hint of glitter. I use it everyday and will be buying another!!! After using this for 2 years still my favorite! Cant seem to fine another shawdow that looks better on me!!!! 6-1-14 update. Well on my way to Mac to buy my 3rd pan of this. When I say it is the only color that I have found for my golden brown eyes I mean it! My HG eye shawdow!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this used on my lids it goes really well with my hazel greeny gold kind of eye colour. It's a lovely bronzey brown and stays on really well all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Mocksoup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful for blue eyes. It's a great color paired with a creamy eggshell highlight color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Bountiful23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the eyeshadow that I go to when I do not feel like creating combinations of eyeshadows to get a certain look. This is so pretty by itself. This is the PERFECT everyday eyeshadow. I have hit the pan on this one and will be repurchasing. I am a NW45 for reference

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Mulch has become my favorite MAC eye shadow. I use it on my lid just up to the crease and it has this subtle sparkle and shimmer that is absolutely gorgeous! It's a bronzy brown which manages to bring out my green eyes and make them pop. I usually use a neutral brown in the outer corner and then blend it along the crease. Right now my brown of choice is Espresso. Then I also use Soft Brown over the Espresso and blend them together. Any highlight shadow just on the brow bone and I am ready to go!

I think that I am addicted to Mulch!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by jojoxc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loveeeee this eyeshadowwww! It looks so gorgeous on my NC30-NC35 skintone! I wear it everyday, even when I'm in a hurry. I wear Urban Decay's primer potion in Eden, just put some white eyeshadow on the inner corner, this all over, and black eyeshadow on the outer corner, blend it out and I'm good to go.

You can make it look natural, you can make it can look dramatic, it's a very flexible, versatile bronzy brown color. A great brown for people who prefer more natural, earthy colors. The shimmer doesn't show up as much on my skin, and it looks like a matte eyeshadow sometimes, which is perfectly fine with me. It's buildable, neutral color that is easy to work with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

On me this eyeshadow is just a darker version of Bronze. I have not noticed any red tones in it however unlikes some of the previous reviews. Its a great eyeshadow if you want a dark bronze smokey eye!