MAC Velvet - Mulch

4.5

on 11/28/2012 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I find that this is one of the easiest colors you can get away with wearing alone. This is like a perfect everyday color. Its really easy to blend and stays a long time. I still find it creases but that may be just my lids.
Also I want to say that I'm not at all a massive fan of MAC nor do I have money to burn on there overpriced products but I will give it to them on this one since this is one of my favorite shadows I have from them and this is actually the first color I got from them years ago and I don't believe I've hit pan. So.. If you are looking for a beautiful brown color I recommend this to everyone (all eye colors look amazing in this!!)

on 11/19/2012 9:30:00 AM

C3/NC20-25 here...This color went muddy on me. I read alot of reviews that mentioned it turning red or orange on them. Even though I was looking for a bronzey-brown I wouldn't mind the orange since Texture and Soft Brown are two of my favorite shadows lol

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i had heard so many rave reviews about Mulch, but it always looked so boring. it definitely isn't boring.
the colour is a medium to dark chocolate brown with a subtle bronze sheen running through it. in the pan it looks like it even has some rainbow sparkles in it, but obviously once it's applied, it all just appears as this very dimensional brown. because it has the bronze to it, Mulch i would say is on the warm side, but i would still give this a go even if you dislike warm colours because i think this can look different on eyeryone.
this isn't shimmery like 'Sable' or 'Tempting', so for that reason it doesn't work as a lid colour for me (personally), but this is absolutely great as a crease colour, because it's very defining, but isn't a matte brown, so it won't darken the look too much, but will still add definition because it's not shimmery.
lastly this has great pigmentation and is buttery, thanks to it being a Velvet.
a versatile colour, and i think an easy, basic brown to own.

on 8/15/2012 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found this colour to be so hard to use, too easily it went a muddy colour, making my eyes look bruised. Swiss Chocolate works much much better for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Target out of all places now supplies M.A.C Cosmetics! I bought this one at target for $19 AUD and it is sooo good! The colour is a dark brown with gold specks and a coppery undertone. Its so pigmented and just a great all rounder brown. This is perfect if you love neutral eyeshadows. You should definitely add this one to your collection!

on 7/18/2012 5:23:00 PM

OMG! I love this eyeshawdow! It makes my brownish gold eyes really stand out. It is the perfect bronze brownish color with I hint of glitter. I use it everyday and will be buying another!!! After using this for 2 years still my favorite! Cant seem to fine another shawdow that looks better on me!!!! 6-1-14 update. Well on my way to Mac to buy my 3rd pan of this. When I say it is the only color that I have found for my golden brown eyes I mean it! My HG eye shawdow!!

on 6/16/2012 5:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this used on my lids it goes really well with my hazel greeny gold kind of eye colour. It's a lovely bronzey brown and stays on really well all day.

on 6/12/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful for blue eyes. It's a great color paired with a creamy eggshell highlight color.

on 5/24/2012 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the eyeshadow that I go to when I do not feel like creating combinations of eyeshadows to get a certain look. This is so pretty by itself. This is the PERFECT everyday eyeshadow. I have hit the pan on this one and will be repurchasing. I am a NW45 for reference

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Mulch has become my favorite MAC eye shadow. I use it on my lid just up to the crease and it has this subtle sparkle and shimmer that is absolutely gorgeous! It's a bronzy brown which manages to bring out my green eyes and make them pop. I usually use a neutral brown in the outer corner and then blend it along the crease. Right now my brown of choice is Espresso. Then I also use Soft Brown over the Espresso and blend them together. Any highlight shadow just on the brow bone and I am ready to go!

I think that I am addicted to Mulch!

Popular Eye Shadows