Avene Gentle Exfoliating Scrub

3.8

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Polyacrylamide, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Salicylate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Chondrus Crispus (Darrageenan), Fragrance (Parfum), Jojoba Esters, Laureth 7, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Gluconate.

on 8/29/2009 10:41:00 PM

I got a sample of this. It definitely gentle, but in my opinion its too gentle. I like a more formidable scrub - one where I can feel the grains. Definitely worth a try if you want a gentle scrub, but for those of you who are used to and like a more aggressive scrub you are bound to be disappointed. When I'm using my acne medication more regularly (my skin gets flaky and very sensitive) then I would use this again.

on 8/19/2009 7:52:00 PM

Good product. It exfoliates my skin, gently. I have not experienced any adverse affects. St Ives apricot scrub definitely made my skin feel smoother. But that doesn't mean it's better, since the smoothness is a result of exfoliating the dead skin cells and the new skin cells. St Ives damages the skin. Avene's scrub does it mildly, less is best when it comes to facial skincare. I love how it rinses off easily, and leaves no film. This way, I can let my treatment products absorb better. Will buy again.

on 7/29/2009 4:25:00 AM

I received a sample size version of this scrub. It is extremely gentle, has a great refreshing smell, and rinses off easily. I wouldn't purchase this product personally for price and I prefer a more vigorous scrub such as St. Ives.

on 3/11/2009 10:38:00 PM

When it says gentle, it is gentle lolz.

I used to use the St.Ive's scrub (which btw, is very harsh on the skin if you use it every day). THIS scrub, you could use it daily and it's alright. So for those who want to have that little 'scrub' in the morning, get this :)

on 2/3/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Another great Avene product, I use this twice a week, have some dry spots from Differin and this keeps them smooth, very mild scrub that does it's job, gel based scrub to be used before cleansing, I don't feel that I'm scrubbing my face off with this (hint St. Ives), pricey but I think it's worth it, will repurchase when tube runs out,

Well, I guess that this is made for the ones with more sensitive skins than myself.
This is not enough of a scrub for me, it's way too gentle.
I can't say it's bad, though.

on 1/13/2009 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Well it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, but it doesn't do anything else either… I don't think it's a very efficient scrub, but I guess it's a suitable product for super super delicate skins.

on 12/8/2008 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Another Avene product which worked well when I was a teenager. Now I found the grains too abrasive, although I admit that it cleans the skin very well.

on 12/7/2008 6:16:00 AM

I have been using St. Ive's Apricot scrub for my entire life since I was 13 years old and I've never actually seen a difference with my skin before and after using it but I always just assumed it was doing its job but I couldn't tell. When I went to shoppers drug mart recently to ask about products that could make my skin glow, I originally intended on being led to a bunch of shimmery highlighters and illuminating powders or creams that would sit on top of my foundation, but instead, the SA started asking me about my daily skin-care routine from when I get out of bed to getting out of the house. I told her and when I said I used the apricot scrub, she became so turned off by it and shook her head in disgust. She explained to me that apricot scrubs usually contain really harsh beads that rip the top layer of the skin instead of scrubbing away dead skin cells. It suddenly became clear to me why I had been experiencing patches of dry peeling skin sometimes. So she led me to this wonderful scrub and the avene mask. I went home and tried it and immediately saw a difference. It was amazing! Never had I had these kind of results. My skin became really soft (baby soft) and glowy. It looked so healthy I almost wanted to kiss the 2 bottles I just bought haha.

This is a really very gentle and pleasant scrub. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin with mild rosacea and couperose. The granules are very small, and its smell is delicate. I use it once a week and my skin is clean and well exfoliated.
This scrub is quite expensive considering you get only 50 ml for ~20$, but it’s a quality product.