August 28, 2014 | 1131 users online

Scrubs - Avene - Gentle Exfoliating Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by pureskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good product. It exfoliates my skin, gently. I have not experienced any adverse affects. St Ives apricot scrub definitely made my skin feel smoother. But that doesn't mean it's better, since the smoothness is a result of exfoliating the dead skin cells and the new skin cells. St Ives damages the skin. Avene's scrub does it mildly, less is best when it comes to facial skincare. I love how it rinses off easily, and leaves no film. This way, I can let my treatment products absorb better. Will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 4:25:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample size version of this scrub. It is extremely gentle, has a great refreshing smell, and rinses off easily. I wouldn't purchase this product personally for price and I prefer a more vigorous scrub such as St. Ives.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When it says gentle, it is gentle lolz.

I used to use the St.Ive's scrub (which btw, is very harsh on the skin if you use it every day). THIS scrub, you could use it daily and it's alright. So for those who want to have that little 'scrub' in the morning, get this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ballmam2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another great Avene product, I use this twice a week, have some dry spots from Differin and this keeps them smooth, very mild scrub that does it's job, gel based scrub to be used before cleansing, I don't feel that I'm scrubbing my face off with this (hint St. Ives), pricey but I think it's worth it, will repurchase when tube runs out,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by modestyblaise78

Well, I guess that this is made for the ones with more sensitive skins than myself.
This is not enough of a scrub for me, it's way too gentle.
I can't say it's bad, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Well it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, but it doesn't do anything else either… I don't think it's a very efficient scrub, but I guess it's a suitable product for super super delicate skins.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by carita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another Avene product which worked well when I was a teenager. Now I found the grains too abrasive, although I admit that it cleans the skin very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 6:16:00 AM More reviews by apk2

I have been using St. Ive's Apricot scrub for my entire life since I was 13 years old and I've never actually seen a difference with my skin before and after using it but I always just assumed it was doing its job but I couldn't tell. When I went to shoppers drug mart recently to ask about products that could make my skin glow, I originally intended on being led to a bunch of shimmery highlighters and illuminating powders or creams that would sit on top of my foundation, but instead, the SA started asking me about my daily skin-care routine from when I get out of bed to getting out of the house. I told her and when I said I used the apricot scrub, she became so turned off by it and shook her head in disgust. She explained to me that apricot scrubs usually contain really harsh beads that rip the top layer of the skin instead of scrubbing away dead skin cells. It suddenly became clear to me why I had been experiencing patches of dry peeling skin sometimes. So she led me to this wonderful scrub and the avene mask. I went home and tried it and immediately saw a difference. It was amazing! Never had I had these kind of results. My skin became really soft (baby soft) and glowy. It looked so healthy I almost wanted to kiss the 2 bottles I just bought haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by SofiyaKievskaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really very gentle and pleasant scrub. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin with mild rosacea and couperose. The granules are very small, and its smell is delicate. I use it once a week and my skin is clean and well exfoliated.
This scrub is quite expensive considering you get only 50 ml for ~20$, but it’s a quality product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by vdn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

looking for some way to exfoliate my rosacea prone skin, will update!