October 25, 2014 | 1851 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by CompassionIsSexy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice product, minus one star for the price tag. The disposable canister is what makes it great. You can't use just any spray bottle to get the same effect. It has a gentle, fine mist that doesn't mess up makeup. I carry it in my bag and use it several times a day. It feels good and keeps my skin hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Mayl1ng

This is an amazing product!
Yes, I know, it's just water. But it's amazing!
It's amazingly refreshing to spritz on after going to the gym or during a long day. But it's also useful for other things too: making an expensive moisturiser got that bit further, and settling horrible skin demons.
I don't have severe acne but every so often my face will just rebel and I can't put make up anywhere near it because it'll just flare up with bumps and redness. One day though, I sprayed the water all over my face and my redness/bumps went down within five minutes and I was able to put on my foundation without any difficulty.
Without noticing, I've been using the spray for about three years now and it has not failed to deliver.
I would definitely recommend this to set makeup, freshen up during the day, or even during a before makeup skin crisis.
The main downside for me is the cost - yes, it is water and you're paying a bit for it, but it works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a find! I love and use Chantecaille Pure Rosewater as my toner several days a week, but at $62 a bottle (a much smaller bottle), I can't liberally spritz myself with it throughout the day. I'd been using Evian Brumitaseur throughout the day, which is the same price as this Avène spray and nowhere near as good. Night and day.

This Avène mist has a stronger, widespread, more even pressure than the Evian Brumitaseur. It instantly cools the skin, and makes my red and irritated skin calm and even-toned within 15 minutes. Its healing and soothing properties are PERFECT for sensitive skin. I was absolutely thrilled from the first spritz. My face was bright red and felt like it was on fire, and one steady stream of this lovely spritz brought my face back to a normal, healthy state. I now use it anytime I want to feel cool and refreshed, like after showering and at the gym. My skin has never looked or felt better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by LambLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was pretty skeptical about trying this, since essentially, it's just water. It does feel nice and soothing when I use it on my face and freshly shaved areas, so that's nice. However, I don't notice any immediate differences. A little while after I use it, my skin does look less red, but that could be because of a variety of other factors too- such as me using a better quality moisturizer recently.

I wanted to try this because everywhere I looked, people were raving about it. I think this will be an occasional splurge type of item for me. I can see why some people who have hard water problems might like it though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by klemon822

While it feels nice to pamper my skin with this, I won't be repurchasing. At almost 20 dollars a pop, I just can't justify. It does feel refreshing, but my tap water is clean enough that I don't think I need this to purify my face after cleansing. Lovely little luxury item but not worth it on my college-girl budget!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by AmyLala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love using this spray, I use it to tone after cleansing, to freshen up my face in hot summers, I use it as a finishing spray to set my makeup, I use it over my body to rub in moisturiser. This product is just a delight to use!!! I always have a bottle of this handy on my dutchess, and a travel size bottle in my handbag in summer. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I really like the avene thermal spring water , I was a bit sceptical about a cleansing water but it can be used on irritated, sensitive or oily skin like mine which is surprising because most products make
My skin either red or shiny and oily. I will be repurchasing this when I have used the current one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by khanhlyhoang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does a good effect on my super oily & sensitive skin! It reduces the irritation well, helps my makeup last long!! Should buy it again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got this as a sample, or I never would have tried it. Read the ingredients list. It's water and nitrogen. And the nitrogen is to make it work in an aerosol can, not a part of the actual product. I can make gallons of this product for pennies with a Brita filter and a small bottle with a sprayer from the dollar store.

It "soothes" skin because of the temperature, not the "product". The fine mist and the force of the spray means that, by the time it hits your skin, the temperature of the water is cooler than your skin, which is why it feels "refreshing" and helps with redness. I can see where this *might* have some effect for those who live in areas with hard water, or where there's a lot of calcium, salt or other gunk in their tap water by making the skin "moist" (read: wet) without all the crap that's normally in their water. Do yourself a favour and get an inexpensive filter pitcher. Costs about the same as a bottle of this junk and will last for months.

Again, cheap bottle with a fine mist + filtered or bottled water is what this is. Hat goes off to Avene for managing to get people to pay a several thousand percent markup on water. The placebo effect at it's finest.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazingly, I feel this works! I was skeptical of water in a can but it's very soothing, helps redness and is moisturising.
It's a little on the expensive side but it lasts a long time and is effective, so worth it in my humble opinion.
I use it before moisturiser, after moisturising, and after applying face makeup but before applying mascara. It definitely leaves my skin feeling less tight than it usually does.