April 19, 2014 | 1839 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by chelsialee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

My skin is rosacea/eczema/pimple prone skin. During rosacea flare up days I will spray to help calm down the redness and the burning sensation however if the weather is too hot the redness will come bk, if you enter into an air conditioned area it sort of settle the skin and make it stay cooled for a long time.

As I've also have eczema, I use it very often to help aid my moisturizer soften the skin by spraying 5-6 times daily before or after moisturizer. I will also use the spray after makeup as it makes the makeup last longer and look more radiant and less powdery.

I also use it to soak the 5-ply japan made cotton pad which are thinly made and i spray it with the spray until the cotton pad are damp and do a cotton pad mask after i squeeze my pimple/white heads. It does help a lot on the calming down of the skin now that my skin has turn slightly oily I still use it very often especially entering and exiting the air conditioned area. Hope that helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Hdrgvedztx

From my point of view, no, I don't think that this is something absolutely amazing and sent down from the heavens. HOWEVER, this does not have any negative effects about it whatsoever. It will NOT:
- Cause breakouts/ pimples
- Promote oil secretion
- Dry out skin; cause flaking ( moderate )

I'm not even joking, this will not do one single bad thing for your skin. I think it's safe to use anywhere as a few reviewers did mention that they use this for throat relief.. ( heavy smokers ) How does that work? It's water. Maybe it's a hype. Maybe it's just Plain water. But it really comes down to the water quality where you live in. That's one of the most important factors to consider when choosing whether to invest in this product or not. Also if your skin is easily irritated. If you have a reasonable understanding of your current water supply's quality then you should be able to figure out for yourself whether this 'can of water' will actually provide you with any benefits at all.

I'm sorry I don't have any smart analogies to conjure up at the moment about water quality in different countries because they might be inaccurate and i'll be too general.

I am a male asian born, raised and residing in Australia. To be precise i'm from Perth. For those of you that don't really know where or what that place is, it's a small city in comparison to USA, HONGKONG, anywhere overpopulated really. The water supply in our country is from deep under the desert grounds... unfortunately that comes with a load of calcium and iron dissolved as ions throughout the water which is quite harsh towards the skin. You may think that calcium and iron are good for the body, yes maybe so, but sadly only when ingested orally. Maybe not so much over short term, but if you think about using this water every single say of your life, for everything. Yeah, it's pretty influential. Of course, there are those few people that can tolerate the imbalance in pH. Whether due to genetic reasons.. sadly, it doesn't apply to many others and myself. Our waters aren't unbearable or cause major issues, they are just reasonable. I want to say really good things about this Eau Thermale Spring Water but honestly, it really depends on the quality of water in where you live. I'm going to assume you've read previous reviews and so you can tell from almost all of those reviewers the amazing performance of this 'can of water.' I'd merely just be reiterating their experiences.

The Eau Thermale Spring Water claims that it has a balance of cations ( positive ions ) and anions ( negative ions ) which also means that the pH of this spring water should be near-perfect ( pH of 7 ) for those of you that do not know, pH 7 is neutral; meaning that it's not more acidic or more basic, it's absolutely balanced.

Have you thought about the various harsh chemicals that are used to carry out the 'purification' of your water supply ? Just because it's clear, odourless and colourless doesn't always mean it's not full of nasties. This particular spring water comes from a spring, where it undergoes a natural filtration process through natural structures and formations hence, it's pretty much the most purest form of water out there. Furthermore, the near-perfect pH 7 balance is just amazing. Slightly lower or higher pH levels of your water supply doesn't really make a difference to be able to see it on skin in the short term. This effect becomes much more significant and visible in the long-run, as you drink it the water flows through you inside & out. But of course, if your water is of reasonable quality I too agree with you that this would probably do little if anything for you. This water is really not something magical, but it may seem this way as your water supply may not be the best! When your skin starts to drink this new water in, the difference in purity of water will effectively improve your skin in various ways !

My main point of this huge essay ( sorry not sorry ) was that you should consider your water quality and how that suits your skin. If you and your water supply share a tight relationship and everything's going wonderfully, don't let this perfectly balanced spring water get between you, frankly there's a fairly high chance that it won't do anything. However, if on the other hand, your water supply maybe not be of great quality and causes your skin moderate irritation/redness ( like myself, especially after shaving the face ), then yes, I think you may see the amazing benefits that this spring water brings ! Don't be fooled, it's pH balanced water extracted from nature. Don't try to convince yourself into thinking that this product will perform wonders for your skin. Even though people may claim this, it's just that they can see the difference of purity in water.

Good luck, I hope you're water supply is amazing already and you don't need to spend extra cash on this ! : ) sorry long reviews is my style. I blabber.

30 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MissLulu1

This brand is great for calming sensitive skin, I use after cleansing andnp toning, spray a fine fist of my face and then massage in moisturiser. This leaves skin feeling hydrated and locking in moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Avene product and I enjoy using this thermal spray! For those who thinks that this is just water in a can, think of it as miracle water in a can! There are tons of benefits that it claims to do and I totally agree with most of them.

This does not set my makeup making it look longer or anything but it gives my skin a pamper me time when I use this. I use this under and above makeup and had no problems with me breaking out. For your information, I have oily and acne prone skin. This does not make me more oily or my face sticky. On a hot day, I spray this on my face and my skin instantly feels lifted up (used it when I was at the zoo and I had no problems with my face getting sticky etc especially since I was sweating quite a bit).

I have a full size one sitting on my vanity and a smaller one in my purse so that I could bring it everywhere with me. The spray mists evenly unlike the Mac Fix +. This is in a aerosol can and gets sprayed evenly across my face, covering a lot of surface area just with a few spritz.

For the price, I feel that it is reasonable considering how much you get and how little you need to spray it on your face. You certainly do not want to drench your face in this or else your makeup will be melting! HAHA just a few spritz would do you good. If you want to get this, get the larger version because it is much more worth it (however, you can't bring it around because of the big size! of course unless you are willing to do so o_o )

You cannot transfer the water to another container because this is an aerosol type of can spray. Will definitely repurchase when I run out of my current ones!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by onlyfr33b33

I always think I can reduce my skincare spending and the Avene water is usually the first to go. I mean, how useful and effective can spray water be?
But then I had the worst breakouts (and I picked at them...no good) and it looked like there was no end in sight. I remembered the Avene water, ran to buy some, and in just 2 days, my scabs are healing, the dead skin is finally peeling, and the irritation is less red. I spray as often as possible throughout the day. Just a light spritz so I don't waste any of this expensive water. It totally heals and soothes sensitive skin. Miracle water!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by hotbeautybitch

I personally will not repurchase, because for me, it´s just water....even if it have some benefits i guess any other facial spray would be more beneficial.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by tmaries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it has good reviews here on MA and I needed a pick-me-up spray for my face that also soothed down my red cheeks and felt refreshing. I gotta say, it's pretty damn good! The spray distributes the product evenly, and it feels awesome and cooling on my skin. Haven't used this for very long yet, but so far I like it a lot. Excited to see if it will continue being as good on my skin. I haven't used it over makeup yet, so I can't say anything about how that works. But, I would recommend this if you need a cooling, refreshing mist to spray all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Chemikalische

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the smaller, handbag sized bottle to try out, after hearing great reviews for treatment of eczema and itchy skin, as well as being refreshing.

I was pleasantly surprised by this product, it refreshes my skin and calms, bringing down redness. A must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Bhrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know what it does... :) I had several mists before, but couldn't say they did anything. But this one is applying to me, it has no chemicals as other cosmetics mists do, water is pure, just mineral water(I have a feeling my skin doesn't like local waters from the tap). It is hot here and when it is +33C... and you give a little spray to your face... It is so refreshing and cooling!!! Wow! Also I had several months skin reaction on my forehead and couldn't find even hypoallergenic cleanser not to cause further reaction. I decided to try out Avene range and if I have something increasing, I cleanse with micellare solution and then spray with this water and just give my face a little wipe. It's getting better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Actually

I read all the raving reviews of this product and thought.... I'm never going to spend $16 on a bottle of Water. Then my friend who is a skin- care guru (she has flawless skin), who has tried pretty much everything on the market recommends this. She was stocking up on them like they're liquid gold. So I was intrigued.

I've been carrying a water spray bottle and regularly mist my face for a few months and did not see any difference. So I gave in and tried the Avene Thermal Water. The weather was getting really hot anyways. I spray it once every morning when I get up and every night before bed. I have not changed anything else in my already minimal skincare routine. After two weeks, I actually noticed a difference. A difference! I did not expect it.

My skin's a lot smoother and looks supple and hydrated as if I had a full night's sleep. When in fact I've only been getting 5 hours every night. I found my rosy cheeks again and my skin tone is more even. I'm thrilled. I'm gonna be buying the smaller bottle to carry with me. Trust me, it's not just water.