April 19, 2014 | 980 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Calendula Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by isseymiyake

i did not know this product got such good reviews when i first bought it. It was during a business trip and i was running out of my moisturizer. I got 10 minutes to stop by Sephora. Grabbed a couple of moisturizers within my reach, testing them one by one on the back of my hand. In a great rush I picked this one, mainly because it's labelled for sensitive skin, which i have. Well, i have both sensitive and acne prone skin. So initially i was a little worried that the heavy formula might break me out. Fortunately, it did not, even when I was on that trip under lots of pressure , which usually results in hormonal breakouts.

The trick is in the application. Do not apply it directly onto your face, you will end up being like a greasy pan. As instructed on the package,warm it and massage it with your hands first, then press it onto the skin, it will leave a non greasy finish, good for both day and night,

Now, I have finished about 3 quarters of the 40ml. In conjunction with the Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid peel from skinlabortory, my skin looks amazingly good, smooth and glowy by itself, much less breakouts. Now I am in love of not applying any foundation at all . a feeling of freedom! ;-D

BTW, the package got mixed reviews. But i like it, as well as the color and smell of the cream. earthy and organic, very Jurlique. I will buy a 125 ml version in the near future . highly recommended if you have sensitive skin !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

I didn't like the aluminum feel of this package. It's like a toothpaste covering, but needs additional pressure for it to push out product. Calendula was very calming. The cream is moisturizing for dry spots. I applied it to my oily T-zone without problems. My mistake was purchasing the large version; I had more product than I knew what to do with. Not really a problem.. started to apply on my body without problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by JessicaCP

I have found my moisturiser. I have never used one that has reduced inflammation, hydrated, prevented and healed blemishes and works so well under makeup more than this product. If you're not allergic to calendula, get this and RUB IT ON YOUR FACE!!!!!!

It is expensive but so so worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this cream, for my dry, very sensitive acne prone skin. I love the way it hydrates without greasiness or breakouts, it leaves my skin wonderfully matte and smooth.
I use it both day and night and it works well under make-up, I apply a little more at night and it has helped improve my skin tone, as well as breakouts or sensitivity.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

I have sensitive skin and this moisturiser is perfect. It's rich and easily absorbed and leaves my skin feeling soft and protected. Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by mayyami

I don't have sensitive skin but bought this anyway.
I've been using it for 3 months as part of my nightly skin care routine & have not noticed a difference in my skin. Cannot complain about it as it hasn't broken me out or done anything nasty, but the price does not justify the purchase for a product that had the same effects as one 1/4 of it's price.
It's a thicker consistency so perhaps better & easier to use in winter.

EDIT: I've been using this in winter and it does a great job moisturising. If I see any flakey dry patches around my mouth I use this overnight and it usually smoothes and softens my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A bit upset about this actually. I used calendula from Jurlique for years before with great success. Then somehow I forgot about it! When I tried it again, it didn't really work for me. My skin was going through some sensitive phase, yet again and calendula just made it worse. It burned on application, dried me out and felt very sticky. Not how I remembered it at all. I'm constantly on the look out for good natural skin care without parabens, perfume and petro -chemicals. So it was disappointing that this cream didn't deliver apart from a rash! Jurlique products have too many ingredients in them, I think for sensitive people like me. I give it 3 lippies because my husband likes it and uses it after he shaves with good results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by claireferguson

I have combination skin that isvery acne prone. I LOVE this cream. It's quite scary using it at first, because it's so thick. But it's non greasy and absorbs well. Very hydrating, but I don't look shiny from it. It's great for preventing acne scarring too. Yes it's a bit pricey, but no pricier than the other high-end beauty creams. I used to use Thalgo, which was expensive, but this is better. I'm not fussed on the price if it works! I've even got my Mum onto this cream - she has dry skin and loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Kolbeinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love this creme, i have been using it for a couple of years now, have tried other brands, even embroylisse, but always go back to this one.

It's a bit expensive, but also very lasting..

I have dry/oily skin.. Strange skin..

My friends who have tried it love it too..
And I love using it with the skin balancing oil from Jurlique during the winter if I feel my skin needs a little extra.
The creme is quite thick, but i feel like i absorb quite quickly. Works well under my makeup.

<3 You should try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Messedupgirl

This is definitely good for dry, sensitive skin. If u have oily skin, i suggest u just use it occasionally. Overall, it does calm my sensitive, oily skin. My face is getting better, however, too bad my skin is oily so the progress is slower. :D I recommend u all to use if ur skin is irritated. This helps. :D However, its very thick, sinks easily, and abit oily for the cons for me. The pro is that, it helps calm skin, repair irritated skin. :) im in the 2nd week of using it, hoping it will be better in a month. *prays*.
Anyway., i recommend it to all of u. : D