Trish McEvoy Lash Curling Mascara

3.8

on 8/13/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the first tubing mascara I purchased and I was immediately hooked to the concept. I want a 100% smudge-free mascara that comes off easily with warm water and all of Trish McEvoy's are exactly that. So it's performance is not an issue, but the price and packaging is. I'll force myself to pay $28 for a smudge and flake free mascara, but what I don't want is most of that money wasted due to product continously seeping out the tube whenever I unscrew it due to poor packaging. Product always gets on my fingers and all over the outside of the tube. I bought this one and also Trish's High Volume mascara and they both have the same problem. So for that I resorted to buying a drugstore tubing mascara (L'Oreal) and I'm quite happy with it. Not only am I saving a ton of money (now I don't feel guilty) but product never seeps out the tube and gets all over my fingers.

on 5/2/2009 6:05:00 PM

My lashes: Fine, light brown, somewhat curly, can get resonably lengthy with proper care, a little unruly at times: end lashes have a tendency to grow sideways (thankfully in the right direction!).

Me and Lash Curlers: not a good fit. Most curlers can't reach those end lashes, or they reach the end lashes and not the middle lashes. I don't like to use curlers because it's added time to my routine, and I'm of the mindset that if I'm using mascara, it should be good enough to not have to worry about an extra step.

Me and Trish: I used to pass the Trish counter and sniff at it. I hate the 'planner' idea not only because I'm not a 'planner' type of girl when it comes to cosmetics, but also because purchasing one of those pricey planners commits me to one brand and THAT is a turn off for me. I am not brand loyal. Anyway, I was talking to a Trish SA one day (who was bluntly honest) and telling her about my frustrating quest for mascara that could survive my sensitive eyes, occasional rubbing, last 10-12 hour working days, and not beat the shit out of my lashes (I've lost a few over the years, and it sucks more than I'd like to admit). She told me she took a crying fit one day and was wearing Curling Mascara and it didn't move AT ALL. I was skeptical but handed over $28 +tax, took it home and here we are on the review page of MUA, almost 6 months later.

First the bad news: The packaging kind of blows, from a techinical standpoint. Other reviewers have mentioned the same problem - it tends to migrate up around the top and causes a bit of gunky build up and I have to make sure it's clean after and before each use so it stays sealed. The tube itself is attractive: slim, sleek black packaging.

The great news: I don't have to worry about clumps, broken lashes, tears, sweat, unconscious rubbing of my eyes, and waking up in the morning and looking in the mirror to realize the scary looking under-eye shadows are actually remnants of mascara that didn't come off with washing. I wash it off by rubbing my face in running water and letting the little black bits fall away (no lashes lost in cleansing!). It's super easy to remove, just rub eyes gently and off it comes.

My lashes look curled, natural, clump-free (I mentioned it already, but seriously, that is a HUGE asset in mascara) and flirty. One coat gives a my-lashes-but-a-million-times better, 2 coats adds drama. I don't bother with 3, because why tempt the Mascara God?

I would swear off any other mascara for the rest of my life if Trish McEvoy promises to continue churning out Lash Curling Mascara as long as I'm around. I did screw around with a few other mascaras, just to see the difference, but nothing has come CLOSE to performing the way this mascara does.

The price point hurts a little. $28 is not a cheap thrill for lashes. But - - I'm nearing almost 6 months of use and am just now seeing that I'm coming to the end of tube; I have to work it just a little as I'm pulling the wand out to apply. So $28 for exactly what I need in a mascara is actually a good deal. I'll have to remind myself of this in a few weeks when it's time to replace...

on 3/16/2009 6:44:00 PM

I sampled this product but it did little to curl my lashes and was horrible to take off! Instead i'm using Diorshow Iconic which is much better although i'm open to trying other proclaimed curling mascaras....

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an amazing mascara-truly lengthens,defines,curls like no other.But-it all comes w/a price to pay,from your pocketbook,and your lashes.This is a tubing mascara so regular makeup remover won't take it off.You have to "rub" the tubes off,and about 5-6 of lashes came with it.Straight back to the store that went.

on 11/10/2008 11:18:00 PM

I have been using Trish's mascara for more than two years after MaryKay discontinued my fave mascara. I tend to get racoon eyes with mascara and this is one that can't be beat! I love that it comes off with warm water (in little "tubes") - anything that doesn't need a special makeup remover gets extra kudos! It is important to keep a fresh tube on hand because I find that once at the three month mark it will flake a bit - otherwise, as a contact lense wearer I don't have any complaints!

on 8/24/2008 1:41:00 AM

Nice mascara but very hard to get off of eyes. It coats lashes and you have to roll it off to get if off the lashes. Also, the product oozes off of the sides of the packaging and causes quite a mess. Got it in a Nordstrom Gift set with Planner, but will most likely not purchase by itself unless they reformulate and repackage.

on 3/26/2008 6:48:00 PM

Wow, I'm shocked I love this. I'm always turned off by pushy Trish MUAs so I never go to the counter. For the past few years I have been using Blinc Kiss Me Mascara from Sephora. I heard this mascara was the same concept, doesn't come off until you "pull" it off with warm water, however I was always reluctant to try it. My mom had the same problem as I do with mascaras smearing and flaking (cept for Blinc), but she decided to try this after her Blinc dried out soon after opening. She had been using it for about 2 months and I still wouldn't take the chance until she bought me it and made me try it....and let me tell you I love it! My lashes look amazing and it does not smear, flake, or burn my eyes (I wear contacts). The brush is nice, and it goes on easier than the Blinc. I don't even need to use fake lashes anymore for a longer, fuller effect. (This is probably the longest review I've ever written). I would definitely repurchase! No doubt about it!

Wow!. I have occasionally in the past bought or tried department store mascara, but have never found it to be better than drugstore mascara, until now. I can't believe I am paying this much for mascara, but after about 4 months of nearly exclusively using this, I bought my second tube. I apply it in the morning, then I do not have to worry about it all day. I keep forgetting how great this mascara is, then I go back and try some other mascara. After using many different mascaras for many years, I had accepted that wearing mascara necessitated frequent visual checks and adjustments to fix the mascara melt under the eyes. This mascara I apply in the morning and that is it. I don't really see a curling effect, but it otherwise is a nice mascara. Go to a Trish counter and try it, then watch a tear-jerker movie, smell the pollen-laden flowers, take a nap, and then look in the mirror. Try this with any other mascara and compare.

The little tubes of mascara coating the lashes come off easily at night when I wash my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off I wasn't expecting much from this mascara. It came in a gwp that NM was offering. So I went home and started playing with my goodies. I noiticed this mascara was a curling formula but didnt say wheter or not it was smudge or water poof. I assumed it wasn't either.Befory I first applied..I didn't even curled my lashes: i just began coating my bare lashes and I noticed my lashes looked pretty good. So I washed up, applied a primer (Shiseidos), curled my lashes with my Tarte curler and then applied the Trish mascara. I was amazed at how clean my lashes look. They are very long with a slight curl. No clumps, smudges or flakes. I went out like this all day playing with my girls in the park, got caught in rain and still my lashes were holding up. This is great mascara and next I'm off to try the Trish mascara for volume along with Trish's lash builder.

on 2/17/2008 6:00:00 PM

First, let me say that every other mascara I have ever tried smudges on me, giving me dark circles under my eyes after a few hours. I can't even begin to describe how many mascara products I have tried over the years, including waterproof mascaras and mascara base coats. Certainly in the dozens! I first tried a Trish McEvoy mascara 3 years ago, and loved that it didn't smudge, but felt the application was too heavy. So after three more years of hoping to find a mascara that looked natural but didn't smudge, I gave up and bought this one. I really do love it because I can put it on in the morning and when I remove it at night, it looks the same as when I applied it!! The worst that happens is a little flake here and there, which is easily removed and leaves no smudge. I also find removing the mascara at the end of the day very easy. I just wash my face once with my regular facial cleanser, making sure the lashes are very wet, and then wash again, this time gently sliding my finger down my lashes while my eyes are closed. That way I don't worry about any of those strings that come off getting in my eyes. My original complaint about the mascara unfortunately still holds true--it's heavier and not as natural as I'd like. I've tried wiping off a lot of the product from the wand onto a tissue before applying, which actually does seem to help, but is pretty wasteful. I really wish that Trish McEvoy would come out with a non-smudging mascara that looked like really light and natural, like the Shu Umera Basic mascara. Overall, though, I'm grateful to have it!