October 21, 2014 | 2153 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by HollyAnei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sweet powdery goodness with hints of licorice. It has a very balanced feel & blends well with my skin rather than sit on top of it. Sadly it doesn't last long & its throw is weak.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Ash19

I was so apprehensive about trying this one, because I hate overly musky scents and I'm not a big licorice fan. I'm happy to report that it was love at first sniff! Lolita Lempicka is a magical, sweet, powdery scent at first;To me, it completely lives up to the whimsy of that gorgeous bottle. It smells like baby powder and delicious, delicious candy (yet it's not juvenile in the least; quite the contrary, it somehow manages to exude sophistication.) The licorice is noticeably there, but it's not obnoxious at all. I suspect that the vanilla is probably responsible for balancing everything out. The musk becomes more noticeable on the dry down, but it's mixed in with the powdery notes well enough that it doesn't interfere with what I love about this fragrance. Everything together forms a scent that is actually quite feminine and heavenly! I tried this on before my shower and now I keep finding things to do around the house to procrastinate, just so I can smell it longer without wasting another spritz from my tester bottle!

That said: my fiancee detests it. He says that it smells exclusively like baby powder and that "it's not attractive at all." Color me crushed. This is definitely a different scent (one of the many things I love about it), so I understand that it's not everyone. I could even see with the musk how some may find it a bit matronly. I keep getting whiffs of it as I type, though, and it's so lovely. I think I may have to buy a bottle anyway. I'll just wear it on nights out with the girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by neonpickle

My favourite perfume! It is so unique, and sweet I just adore this stuff. The bottle is adorable. I have never smelled a perfume quite like this one, and it will always be one of my favourite fragrances.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Recently, I acquired an adorable Lolita Lempicka mini. Having read many fantastic reviews, I was looking forward to the fragrance. It turns out that LL is quite enjoyable; however, I must admit I’d rather wear Angel. In fact, I’d rather wear several other girly foody fragrances, for example, L by Lolita Lempicka. In this case, it is best to overlook one’s personal taste and judge the fragrance objectively. Basically, it’s a delicious, spicy dessert, and after 16 years, LL still holds its own against all of the “very berry cupcake” designer fragrances.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This smells awful! I read a bunch of reviews on it and tried out a tester. I couldn't figure out how to work the stupid spritzer and ended up squirting it on my hand. Didn't bother with any more after that and proceeded to walk around the store. It smelled sickly sweet and strong at first. I don't smell anything complex here. After the dry down, it started to smell... dirty. Not dirty in a sexy, woodsy way but dirty in a cheap chemical way. It smelled balmy and strange. I'd compare it to Love Spell by Victoria's secret mixed with salty sweat or gym socks, just wrong and nasty. Reminded me of a cheap strip club, ew. It actually turned my stomach a little.
I couldn't wait to get the stink off me. (Btw, I sniffed the other testers - didn't want to spray them after that one lol - and they all had this out of place dirty note) So not for me. (If anyone knows what that dirty note is - please message me and let me know so I can avoid it in my fragrance shopping!!)
If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mom is a perfume fanatic , she loves any and every kind of "good" smell ...She adores perfumes ..I remember a very dear friend gifted her with this eccentric perfume when it first came out in the 1990's ..It looked bizarre , expensive and both Mom & me were SO eager to try it ...Once tried all the eagerness crumpled !!! ...So strange a perfume , I don't think it's sugary or sweet at all , it simply smells like "Pampers" or nappies in general before it's used ...! Sorry for the shocking description , but that 's it really , it's neither a girly perfume nor a woman's fragrance ..I read the story behind it here in the reviews and I am certain now it was made for a peodo's victim ...a sickly obssession of an old man to a young under-age "Lolita " ( that what his nose would like to smell ) ....Sorry , to all fans but that is my honest opinion ....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the thickest, overly-sugary caramel vanilla scents I've had smelled. I dislike it, a lot. It's overpowering, I feel like I'm getting diabetes just after a whiff. It's just and expensve version of every other overly sweet girly vanilla perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Laurafergs

I started wearing this properly after my first trip to France, on school exchange, where my host sister's best friend had dozens (not exaggerating) of empties of this lined up on her dresser. Needless to say, the smell reminds me of France, but also of going out - I think this is an excellent scent for wearing at night. It's a heady, liquor-ish liquorice based fragrance that is totally enveloping, kind of like a velvet hug. Which also makes it very good for winter and the colder months. The longevity of its popularity has also made it really affordable and easy to find if you need to try some (chances are you'll smell it and go 'oh! I know this smell!') - it's similar to Angel by Thierry Mugler in it's craving-inducing deliciousness but without that wet, sad yeasty tea note that I find makes me hate Angel a little bit. This is a truly beautiful and popular-for-a-reason perfume. Definitely worth a try, if not an obsession.

And the bottle is gorgeous, of course.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so sad I ended up hating this. I'm a gourmand lover and I thought the description of this sounded absolutely gorgeous. But after swapping for it, I tried it and it smells like licorice diapers...Totally bizarre but that's the best way I can describe it! Pampers and licorice, no delicious notes in here, not at all :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by BeckyBedbug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Let's start with the most obvious thing- The bottle is perfection! I love the box too, with it's yellow-green colour and cute scrolled logo. Boxes are important to me since I always store my perfumes in their bottles to preserve the scent. The bottle itself is stunning. It's a lilac glass apple with gold leaf patterns. I was a little confused at first, trying to take the lid off. Then I realised that the spray is actually within the apple stem- so adorable! Unfortunately, this does make it very difficult to spray as there is very little surface area to press.

Once I- finally- manage to spray it, I'm immediately hit by the top notes of aniseed. It's a sweet, almost fruity, aniseed and very gourmand. It smells warm and comforting so it's perfect for cold mornings. As it wears, a vanilla base note comes through which adds to that feeling of warmth.

The sillage is great. I've smelt it on people before and I always know exactly what they're wearing. It's very recognisable and the sillage lasts throughout the day. Speaking of longevity, this lasts forever. It clings to clothes but still smells fresh without going stale.

In terms of price, it's pretty average for my expenditure at around £50 for 50ml. It surprises me as I was expecting it to be more expensive. Although it's very popular in the fragrance fanatic cirles, it's pretty niche in terms of mainstream fragrance. Plus, it has such great sillage and longevity that I'd expect the price point to be a lot higher so that's a major plus.

All in all, I absolutely adore this perfume. As I've already said, it's perfect for winter and a good price too. I'll just have to keep practising pressing down on that spray!