Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

3.8

on 11/2/2013 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

When this first came out and thought it was too thick smelling and cloyingly sweet for me. I'm curious how I'd react to it now.

The name is cool, though. Lolita Lempicka. Strange associations: reminds me of Lotte Lenya for some odd reason. Also reminds me of a scent Betsy Johnson would wear.

I do not recommend at all

on 10/28/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I have been wearing this everyday. It is a lovely, woodsy, licorice type scent with a hint of sweetness. It mellows down quite lovely on my skin and holds out for the day. Definitely a very unique fragrance but I do enjoy it

on 10/27/2013 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand all the great reviews on this perfume. It has a horrible smell, but if you want to smell like a cheap hooker be my guest!

on 9/17/2013 11:22:00 PM

This is my HG fragrance. I first encountered this years ago in a magazine as a paper strip sample. I was enchanted by the advertisement itself, and once I got a whiff of the scent I had to have it. I do not like licorice. So I was surprised how much I LOVE this fragrance. It's spicy, warm, sweet, woodsy and food-y all at the same time. It melts into my skin and works perfectly with my body chemistry. I love it so much I apply throughout the day and often find myself smelling my own arm...lol! I have tried other fragrances, and had some favorites (Juicy Couture, Viva La Juicy, VS Very Sexy for Her) but NOTHING compares to Lolita Lempicka. I feel the urge to stockpile this so I will never be without! The only time I have ever smelled it anywhere else was a trip to the D.C. zoo years ago, I caught a whiff from the lady in front of me and recognized it immediately. I was wearing a different scent at the time, and I just wanted to follow her around so I could smell it! Money is tight, I do wish I could find a dupe because I'm surviving off sample vials and travel-size bottles...I know they make one but I supposed I'm a snob...can't bring myself to try it. Love, love, love this perfume!

The notes: ivy leaves, licorice flower, anise seed, amarena cherry, violets, iris, vanilla, praline, tonka bean, vetiver and musk according to online research.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for Lolita Lempicka La Premiur Parfum EDT (the bottle with the little bite out of it). A very surprising Lolita for me. I liberally doused myself with this particular Lolita, expecting another wonderful experience, such as I had with Lolita Lempicka L. As I was dousing myself, I dropped the little bottle on my carpet. It rolled. I quickly picked it up, but some of the perfume had gone into my carpet. But I digress.
This little bottle is adorable, and it's that darn little bite out of it that made me drop it. It's unwieldy. I digress again.
So I waited to see what notes would appear. This Lolita smelled of almonds, surrounded by violet leaf and licorice. In the background I sensed incense. It boiled down to powdery nuttiness on me that lasted perhaps an hour and then disappeared. It's a very pretty fragrance, very light and unassuming. It's sillage on my body was not very strong at all. If I wanted it to last longer, I'd have to re-apply more often, which is ok, albeit this is a very light, summertime fragrance.
Here's the ending to where I digressed before. A few hours later, I returned to my bedroom where I had spilled the perfume earlier. Phew! Even tho the A/C was on, I could still smell this Lolita pretty strongly in the room. Apparently it stays on inanimate objects longer than me. My room smelled beautiful.
Top Notes: Vanille, Amalfi Lemon, Almond, Apricot, Cherry.
Middle Notes: Iris, Jasmine, Licorice.
Base Notes: Musk, Incense, Violet Leaf.

on 7/5/2013 7:42:00 PM

Sweet powdery goodness with hints of licorice. It has a very balanced feel & blends well with my skin rather than sit on top of it. Sadly it doesn't last long & its throw is weak.

on 5/31/2013 4:24:00 PM

I was so apprehensive about trying this one, because I hate overly musky scents and I'm not a big licorice fan. I'm happy to report that it was love at first sniff! Lolita Lempicka is a magical, sweet, powdery scent at first;To me, it completely lives up to the whimsy of that gorgeous bottle. It smells like baby powder and delicious, delicious candy (yet it's not juvenile in the least; quite the contrary, it somehow manages to exude sophistication.) The licorice is noticeably there, but it's not obnoxious at all. I suspect that the vanilla is probably responsible for balancing everything out. The musk becomes more noticeable on the dry down, but it's mixed in with the powdery notes well enough that it doesn't interfere with what I love about this fragrance. Everything together forms a scent that is actually quite feminine and heavenly! I tried this on before my shower and now I keep finding things to do around the house to procrastinate, just so I can smell it longer without wasting another spritz from my tester bottle!

That said: my fiancee detests it. He says that it smells exclusively like baby powder and that "it's not attractive at all." Color me crushed. This is definitely a different scent (one of the many things I love about it), so I understand that it's not everyone. I could even see with the musk how some may find it a bit matronly. I keep getting whiffs of it as I type, though, and it's so lovely. I think I may have to buy a bottle anyway. I'll just wear it on nights out with the girls.

on 4/16/2013 3:45:00 AM

My favourite perfume! It is so unique, and sweet I just adore this stuff. The bottle is adorable. I have never smelled a perfume quite like this one, and it will always be one of my favourite fragrances.

on 2/2/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Recently, I acquired an adorable Lolita Lempicka mini. Having read many fantastic reviews, I was looking forward to the fragrance. It turns out that LL is quite enjoyable; however, I must admit I’d rather wear Angel. In fact, I’d rather wear several other girly foody fragrances, for example, L by Lolita Lempicka. In this case, it is best to overlook one’s personal taste and judge the fragrance objectively. Basically, it’s a delicious, spicy dessert, and after 16 years, LL still holds its own against all of the “very berry cupcake” designer fragrances.

on 1/2/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This smells awful! I read a bunch of reviews on it and tried out a tester. I couldn't figure out how to work the stupid spritzer and ended up squirting it on my hand. Didn't bother with any more after that and proceeded to walk around the store. It smelled sickly sweet and strong at first. I don't smell anything complex here. After the dry down, it started to smell... dirty. Not dirty in a sexy, woodsy way but dirty in a cheap chemical way. It smelled balmy and strange. I'd compare it to Love Spell by Victoria's secret mixed with salty sweat or gym socks, just wrong and nasty. Reminded me of a cheap strip club, ew. It actually turned my stomach a little.
I couldn't wait to get the stink off me. (Btw, I sniffed the other testers - didn't want to spray them after that one lol - and they all had this out of place dirty note) So not for me. (If anyone knows what that dirty note is - please message me and let me know so I can avoid it in my fragrance shopping!!)
If my review helped you, click yes below!

Popular Fragrances