October 21, 2014 | 2002 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Revitalift Miracle Blur

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by gemfrux

I cannot tell you how much I despise this product. Usually if I've purchased a product and find that it doesn't work for me, then I will pass it on to a friend to see if it works for them. That sounds gross I know, but I'm not talking about mascara or anything that would transfer bacteria. - But I wouldn't dare give this to a friend! The only person I'll be giving this to is my bin man!

So I bought this thinking 'oh goodie, another new primer' a few clicks and 2 days later the product was on my doormat. As with any new makeup I was super excited to give it a whirl. So the next time I had to get ready for work this was on my to do list!

The first thing I noticed was that the packaging was super cheap. At least, it was to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against cheap cosmetics at all, some of my all time favourite products don't have a hefty price tag.
When I squeezed a little of this product out I was instantly put off by the off white/pale pink colour it had going on.. and how THICK it was. Honestly, this felt more like a hair mask than a face primer. Nevertheless I thought, lets give it a go. You never know until you try!

T E R R I B L E.
I didn't notice any visible improvement. Around an hour and a half after having finished my makeup my shininess started to come through. If anything this 'primer' gave my foundation less longevity. And around the nose area all my makeup had 'slipped' - I practically wasn't wearing any. What a waste of an hour getting ready! So not impressed.

Sorry, but the primer queen wont be using this 'primer' again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Heezy

I notice no difference in my fine lines and pores. In fact I think it may accentuate the lines around my eyes. That being said, there is a marked improvement in the longevity of my makeup when I use this product. I find it best to not use it in my eye area. Also, a very small amount should be used. If you use too much it is counter productive.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by DebM4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this product - not that it would be a miracle, but that it would do SOMETHING! And it did nothing. I tried it in several different ways over a period of a week or so - over makeup, under makeup, alone, used a lot, used a little, looked closely for results in daylight, strong light, dim light, etc. I also wasn't happy when I first saw the packaging since it seems there's not much product for the price and there's likely a lot of waste. That's not really a worry for anymore, though, because there is absolutely no way I would buy this again. My skin looked exactly the same no matter how I used it - literally as though I was using nothing at all. Very disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by leilab89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried the product, all it did was give me a more matte appearance and softer texture to my skin. It doesn't hide pores as much as I would've wanted it to. I'm glad I tried it, but I will definitely not be re-purchasing... I was expecting something way better, especially considering how pricey it is for a drugstore product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

From what I can tell, this is more geared toward the 40 and over crowd. This year I have developed rather upsetting fine lines under my eyes and dryness on my forehead and cheeks where I had been oily most of my life. I use it only in my trouble spots. I still get acne on my chin and jawline and would never put this on there. Basically, saying it is not an all over primer. Under makeup Miracle blur is a dream but I noticed if I put it on my nose my foundation slides around..I watched a lot of you tube videos before I tried it and found that the younger crowd ( who need no blurring) were unhappy with it across the board but that the mature crowd were happy with it. I am happy with it with the exception of the price. But if you find a product that makes you feel better about yourself and you cut corners with other makeup products then it is worth.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

I am acne prone and this makes it worse. It does smooth and blur, but I find that my concealer does not stay put when I use miracle blur underneath.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by IsabelArcher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Miracle Blur Revitalift does blur. I don't know why Revitalift is in the name, though. It didn't lift or revitalize anything. But it blurred! It did a smashing job of blurring imperfections. Basically, this is a lot like DHC's Velvet Skin Coat product, but with a slightly lower cost per ounce price tag and cuter packaging. It feels more tacky on the skin than Velvet Skin Coat does, but in terms of hiding pores and blurring marks and lines, it is equal to the other product. Neither of the products is really great at color correction for major issues like my raccoon eyes, but between the two the Velvet Skin Coat is slightly better. I think I'll spend the extra ten spot for Velvet Skin Coat in the future, but the Miracle Blur will do fine in a pinch if I can't get my hands on my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by marcellew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did nothing to reduce the size of my pores, it only made my skin feel smoother which wasn't the miracle I was looking for. Not worth the time or the money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ouija

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I saw the TV spot on youtube and watched breathlessly as it magically erased crow's feet...blurred imperfections and pores...instantly! I was in awe as I saw the "UNRETOUCHED" proof - the demo - on the screen. Then I laughed. I laughed and I laughed and I laughed. I work in beauty advertising...I've done many commercials for anti-aging products, primers and wrinkle erasers...and I know no product is going to do that. Nothing. The fact that they are allowed to claim it's unretouched is troubling. I have no idea how they got that through network Standards & Practices. Shame on you L'Oreal! But my curiosity got the better of me...and when I bought it (21.99 at Stop & Shop) I kept the package and the receipt, knowing I would return it. Overall, it's a decent primer. It goes on smoothly and leaves a nice matte finish. Just like dozens of other primers. What it does NOT do is blur anything. Yes, my pores seem smaller and my skin appears slightly smoother. But my lines and wrinkles are still clearly visible (mocking me, I'm sure). I would imagine that if you're young...say, 17 to 27 or so, that this product MIGHT POSSIBLY MAYBE PERHAPS blur fine lines. Just not to the extent that the commercial demo shows. The only miracle about Revitalift Miracle Blur is that L'Oreal is allowed to make such blatantly false claims. And I'm glad I saved the receipt!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jmazzeo192

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A recent issue of "More" magazine had a sample of the product as an insert thereby affording my need to test its "miracle" claim immediately and without cost. I wish I could write that such a miracle did occur, but it did not, it only dispelled its claim, and my opinion of L'Oreal with it. This product did nothing I am sorry to report other than leave my face with a heavy reside which I needed to wash away within about 30 minutes.

When a word such as "miracle" appears on the label, deliberately or not, that is the claim it is making. Needless to say, I am surprised that a reputable company such as L'Oreal would use it to market this or any other product.

I have actually used Estee Lauder's "Idealist" in past and if I feel the need to repurchase a product such as this, I would have to say that EL's is the one I would go with, but because this was going to be a less expensive alternative and "instant results" were promised in its directions on this sample, well, let's just say I was hoping that maybe, just maybe such a miracle existed…but alas, it wasn't to be.

Now, I guess, to figure out what the instant results claimed to be is the real question, but I will not be wasting my time trying to do so.

Note: As I wrote above, this was a free insert in a publication, so therefore I did not purchase it, but since I could not post a review without the required cost rating I went online and found that it retails at ULTA for $24.99 for a 1.18 oz tube which I consider a sizable sum for a product such as this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No