Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel), Menthol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Trehalose, Soudium Hyaluronate, Butyene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 (CI 17200), EXT. Violet 2 (CI 60730)

Such a waste!! Im very upset when i tried out this for about two weeks and i get break out,my face become very dry.i cant return this thing and probably i will use it on my legs or arms as exfoliating lotion.this contains bunch of alcohol, i dont like using it, feels like i use alcohol on my face.this rly not for me.currently im using caudile mosturizing toner which is much better for me i think. I need time to recover from this break out,this toner a big no no for me!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this stuff! when I use it, the cotton balls have gross brown s*it on them and it feels good to get it off my face. It also leaves my face feeling really refreshed and gets rid of any flakey parts.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I got the Clinique 3 Step system for my dry combination skin and got this as part of the routine. I did not use this every night and day as I was instructed to do because this felt very harmful to the skin! I used it every 3 days for a three week period of time.
If you haven't noticed by the acid strong smell of it, this product is just a huge concoction of many alcohols that yes, “exfoliate" your skin, but strip it of all its natural sebum and dead cell protection. My oily face turned greasy to over compensate the protection this toner took from it. The Clinique moisturizer did sink into the skin “better" after using this, but it was just because this left my skin basically raw after using it! And I only swiped the damp cotton ball once on my face never going over the same area twice!
After using this my skin freaked out! It started developing an array of pimples all over my forehead, cheek and chin area. Which had never even happened to me before! This is like applying paint remover on your face! I stopped using the toner altogether and my face started getting acne scars and healing. My face now is clear and okay as always.
Since my mom has such dry aged skin I gave it to her and it helps her with her moisturizer. She quite enjoys it. As for me I'd say the only things worth keeping are the mild soap and the moisturizer from the 3 step system. I prefer toners that have very low alcohol content and tend to be gentle with the skin.
I really suggest you dont shed your money on this Clinique worthless product. There are so many better toners out there!!!

UPDATE!!!!
IF YOU DONT WANT TO WASTE THIS PRODUCT I THINK I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO MAKE IT LESS HORRIBLE FOR THE SKIN. TRANSFER ONE PART (30 ml) OF THIS INTO ANOTHER SATINIZED BOTTLE AND ADD IN 4 PARTS (120 ml) OF PURE DISTILLED WATER AND SHAKE VERY WELL. THIS WILL DILUTE THE INGREDIENTS SO MUCH THAT IT WILL HELP CLEAN THE SKIN WITHOUT IT BEING HELL FOR YOUR EPIDERMIS. ALSO, IF YOU KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE IT WILL MAKE A VERY REFRESHING TONER.

People are slating this product by saying it gave them breakouts. this product is a cleanser therefore it purifies your pores and gets all the dirt out of the system. when i first used this i was horrified at how many spots were appearing at random places but i stuck with it. A week after they were healing. 1 month on and i haven't had a single spot to deal with :). Give it a chance.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I always return to this product other toners I use are the Bobbi Brown Toner, and Dr. Haushka and Eskinol. This is great I use a oil cleanser to remove my makeup a gentle foaming cleanser like Clarins shea etc and follow with this. I know someone people say it stings and burns but how many times do you go over your face with the cotton I swipe once or twice in the same area.

Don't waste your money on this alcohol toner. I wiil sure ruined your skin!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

** NOTE: My skin is soft and all, but VERY oily. ** This stung when I applied it, but the results were great (for me). It really exfoliated my dry patches and left my skin silky and radiant.

I was so worried about using this, but I really liked it's claims to provide gentle daily exfoliation. My skin is a million times better with regular exfoliation but most are so grainy and harsh.

I couldn't decide between the non alcoholic version and this old timer, but in the end I went with the version with alcohol because I already have some alcohol free Thayers witch hazel and I figured that would be very similar to the Clinique alcohol free version.

After reading reviews I started off using this once a day every second day, and now I use it twice a day every day - and it's a routine that's really working for me. I also use serum, moisturiser and aloe gel over the top of all that so I'm not sure if that's how I'm getting away with using this twice a day but regardless, it's a routine that's currently working for me.

I sweat a lot where I live and on some days I feel absolutely disgusting and have used this a 3rd time throughout the day with no issues. But I figured if it was too harsh I could go back to Thayers, or dilute this.

I'm really glad I didn't get the alcohol free version. This is a really effective product. My skin is much clearer than it's ever been, old scars are starting to fade after a month and my skin feels comfortable. Just keep it away from your eyes and lips.

My only gripe-it would be great if it came in a smaller size. This size is huge and at this rate will last me for years!!!

Very basic alcohol based toner. Made my skin more oily. Didn't really help me skin at all.

I have been using this for almost 10 years, and while I have tried many many other toners, I always go back to this one! I realize some people find it irritating because of the alcohol, but it just works really well with my skin (combination, dry cheeks and sometimes slightly oily t-zone), and I like the alcohol so much that the fact the the other toners I've tried don't have it is why I don't like them. I just leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I use it every morning and night, and it's by far my favorite.