July 31, 2014 | 1303 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Henab

I have been using this for a very long time. This seems to provide short term relief for oily skin. I have tried to cut down on using this, I used to use this daily but think my skin produces more oil when I use this daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by LucieP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are very few cosmetic products I am faithful to, but this is definitely one of them. I discovered it merely by accident when shopping for other Clinique products I mentioned how embarrassing it was to battle both adult acne and wrinkles at the same time. I was given samples of skin cleansing products and the Clarifying Lotion 2 was among them.
This product is for dry and combination skin, but honestly I am not sure if it is appropriate for this skin type. I personally use it as a treatment which takes care of all impurities with miraculous results. Thanks to this product I have flawless skin, but it is hard to imagine someone with really dry skin using this product. Get a sample before you buy the full size bottle.
Other Clinique products that are actually meant for oily and acne prone skin were too harsh and aggressive for me, maybe they are meant for much younger people whose skin has different needs.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by chazerb

I wanted to love this. However if you want a sensation of putting nail varnish remover over your face then try this. Never again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

One of my staples. I didn't use toner at all for years and years. Then one day it occured to me that maybe I needed to. So glad I did! Fewer problems with breakouts & clogged pores, my skin has just improved overall since then- I can't imagine not using a toner after cleansing & this one is my go-to product! Also, it doesn't dry my skin out in the least.
The active ingredient is salicylic acid so this toner exfoliates as well as cleanses. And you will see all the gross stuff that your cleanser left behind on the cotton pad or cotton ball after you're done.
Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by AnnaAshton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

same result as different and cheaper product .

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by catmarg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good go to product if you want a nice deep clean. It is refreshing and doesn't seem to irritate my skin. I don't use it every day though, just when a deep clean is needed. I think I would prefer a flip top bottle though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ChristineKhamp

Please stay away from this toner, its terrible. LOADED with alcohol, no beneficial ingredients what so ever. I remember going through an intense reaction to some sort of foundation and needed assistance to bring my pH level to a balance and THIS WAS NOT IT. It ended up prolonging my break out. Conclusively I am was very dissatisfied with this product. Its makes me think differently of Clinique.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Why do Clinique keep giving me these awful toners as a GWP. I DO NOT want them!This stuff had the same effect on my skin as the last Clinique toner I tried.It burns!! I am not sensitive. Truly awful, but hardly surprising as alcolhol denat is 2nd on the ingredients list.And witch hazel and menthol, OUCH!!! This amount of alcohol is NOT a preservative. It causes cell damage and collagen breakdown.Even on young oily skins this will do more harm than good in the long run.The only Clinique toner worth consideration is the mild cloudy one.I do use Clinique products and love them , but this toner, exfoliant , clarifying lotion or whatever you want to call it makes me cringe!Stay well clear would be my advice!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Even thought I have a dry and sensitive skin, I love this product. In fact, I started using this as a teen, stolen from my mom. I love the refreshing feeling and the really clean feeling that it leave, but I really have to use an hydrating lotion after it because my skin do feel tight after a while. However, I do not use it as a toner, everyday and every night, but mostly as an exfoliant, 2-3 times a week when I have pimples and my skin feel a little on the oilier side.

I'll def purchase eventually, probably when there'll be a gift with purchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This product smells TERRIBLE!!! I was scared to even put it on my face or body it smelled so bad.

This stuff was SUPER flakey and irritated my face terribly after only a few uses. Usually I am a big Clinique fan but this just really disappointed me.

I wouldn't buy again