December 21, 2014 | 1386 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by draguladragula

This stuff is pretty awesome! I have sensitive, dry combination skin. I rarely get acne, but I do have a few blemishes. I use this along with the three step system and it has really helped clear my skin up! It seems as if it works better over time. Definitely will be purchasing again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

This is my new HG toner! For whatever reason, I've steered clear of Clinique skincare products for the longest time. I have always felt that it was just another drugstore brand that's being sold at Sephora and other department stores. But I'm so glad I finally decided to give it a go! Lately I've been noticing that my skin needs are changing, I was an oily-combination girl but now that I am a bit older I'm more in the dry-combination scene. This compliments the new Clinique Dramatically different Moisturizing Lotion+ quite well. My skin looks better than ever. When I use this toner, I don't have to exfoliate and scrub my face as much. I also love the fact that it comes in 2 different sizes and at a very reasonable price. I've noticed more high-end skincare products today are way to expensive for the amount of product it gives. Yes, it does smell like alcohol but I don't mind it because it doesn't linger and it really lifts the dirt and oil off my face.

More about my Skin Type and Other Concerns: Light, Neutral-Warm (yellow) undertone, tans easily (hardly burns), can be easily irritated, clear/no breakouts(only during menstrual cycle), dry-combination and very little to no wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this clarifying lotion for more than 10 years non stop. The thing is that I mostly use it on my neck, chest, and back, as an exfoliator. You can see that the cotton pad ends up brownish dirty very dirty, after you finish cleansing yourself with it. Even with all the grime it takes off your skin, your skin is Never left red, nor sensitive, nor burning, nor dry. It is a staple in my hygiene regimen. The plastic bottle and price is right on. Fully reccommend it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by marvlach

This toner smells like rubbing alcohol...very unpleasant. I love the tingly feeling that it gives me after i use it but dont be fooled by that, it instantly dried out my skin causing it to overproduce oil to compensate for it. I have acne prone skin but it has never been oily. This is by far the worst toner ive tried...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by sue08

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't put this stuff near your skin!

Anything that smells like vodka should not be applied to a cotton pad and wiped over your delicate face. Alcohol applied topically, or ingested is not good for you complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Henab

I have been using this for a very long time. This seems to provide short term relief for oily skin. I have tried to cut down on using this, I used to use this daily but think my skin produces more oil when I use this daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by LucieP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are very few cosmetic products I am faithful to, but this is definitely one of them. I discovered it merely by accident when shopping for other Clinique products I mentioned how embarrassing it was to battle both adult acne and wrinkles at the same time. I was given samples of skin cleansing products and the Clarifying Lotion 2 was among them.
This product is for dry and combination skin, but honestly I am not sure if it is appropriate for this skin type. I personally use it as a treatment which takes care of all impurities with miraculous results. Thanks to this product I have flawless skin, but it is hard to imagine someone with really dry skin using this product. Get a sample before you buy the full size bottle.
Other Clinique products that are actually meant for oily and acne prone skin were too harsh and aggressive for me, maybe they are meant for much younger people whose skin has different needs.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by chazerb

I wanted to love this. However if you want a sensation of putting nail varnish remover over your face then try this. Never again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

One of my staples. I didn't use toner at all for years and years. Then one day it occured to me that maybe I needed to. So glad I did! Fewer problems with breakouts & clogged pores, my skin has just improved overall since then- I can't imagine not using a toner after cleansing & this one is my go-to product! Also, it doesn't dry my skin out in the least.
The active ingredient is salicylic acid so this toner exfoliates as well as cleanses. And you will see all the gross stuff that your cleanser left behind on the cotton pad or cotton ball after you're done.
Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by AnnaAshton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

same result as different and cheaper product .