September 2, 2014 | 1059 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Aeh18

I really wanted to like this product. I am all about bb creams and I find that some lack a lot of what I need. I hate having to layer my face everyday so having a bb cream with a primer seemed genius! Not so much with this product. I do love the light mouse like feel when you first put it on, it spread nicely but definitely needed a beauty blender to really blend it because I felt like it just sat on my skin using just a brush. The color was decent but after an hour I wanted to go home and wash my face. When I would just barely touch my face the product would wipe off. It felt worse as the day went on, it looked more and more uneven the longer I had it on. By the end of the day, I looked like I didn't know how to apply make up because it was so uneven and blotchy! It did a decend job of covering my dark circles but did a terrible job of covering blemishes. Luckily, I just asked for a sample of this instead of buying the whole tube. (Something I have learned my lesson on) Even though it was a large sample, I tossed it after one use. I would not use this product ever again or recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by kaylaheefner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this as a sample when it first came out around my birthday at Sephora, first BB cream I had tried and really liked it. Over a year later I started working at ULTA, and said hey why not I know I like it! And I purchased the full size. From then on, I HATED IT. I have normal to dry, sensitive skin. Because it's made with Amazonian clay (all of tartes products are) the consistency is very dry feeling and thick. I would apply with my fingers to exfoliated, clean, moisturized skin, and the product would cling to dry patches I couldn't even see on my face before I put it on! It made my skin look the driest it's ever been and the color was a tad too light so it made my fair skin looked washed out. I returned it right away, and I don't recommend it for anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by paradoxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product in Fair and couldn't be much happier with it. I have incredibly sensitive, super pale skin. Virtually every liquid and/or cream product (primers, foundations, BB and CC creams, tinted moisturizer, etc.) out there breaks me out or leaves a rash on my face. I can only use powdered mineral foundations and even then I have to make sure to use no products that contain ingredients that I'm sensitive to. Sadly, even the best mineral foundations just don't last without a primer so I spent years searching for a BB cream or primer that I could use under my minerals. This is my HG. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out--if anything, it seems to be improving my skin over time. It provides light coverage on its own when I apply it with my Benefit foundation brush. Once I put my minerals on top, I look airbrushed. It holds my minerals flawlessly for about 8 hours. Afterwards, I can apply a light dusting of minerals to freshen it up and it looks as good as when I first applied it in the morning. I love, love, love this stuff and will definitely keep buying it. I would recommend it to anyone who has challenging, sensitive skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by xjayle

PROS: Good coverage (not full, but build-able), light whipped mousse texture, natural velvety finish. CONS: Tube can be difficult to squeeze (especially when running out of product), price is quite expensive but I think it's worth it! :) OVERALL: This is my holy grail BB cream. Don't even wanna try anything else because I feel like nothing could ever compete with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Regina0601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this stuff.!!!.. So amazing and lightweight. Feels like a whip when u apply. Does not cake up even when u build the coverage. I find it's flawlessly applied with a buffing brush such as the sigma F80 or real techniques brush. I just picked up my second tube yesterday. Will continue to purchase over and over

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by fadedgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty good, but it really shines up on me as the day wears on and I do not have oily skin. It has light-medium coverage on me. I really dislike the extremely small lid that it has, makes it a real PITA in the medicine cabinet; its always tipping over.

This is far better than the Dior BB cremes that I've tried lately, especially considering its price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Wowzers!!! This stuff is amazing. Talk about easily flawless. I discovered this when I was Hawaii and loved how I just had to put this one and I was ready to enjoy my holiday. I can't find Tarte in Australia so I had to order tubes from eBay (and of course pay more for the privilege).

I got Medium and a little goes a long way. I find that mixing it with my Moogoo moisturiser means it leaves a fresh and glowing finish where if I use it alone it looks a tad mask-like with my colouring. I have received so many compliments on how great my skin looks when I've thrown this on and rushed off to work. The face looks radiant! Imperfections seem to disappear and the ingredient list is free of most nasties. No irritations or big break outs associated with this product - thank goodness!!!

Waterproof - yes, it stayed on after the beach and through the Australian summer heat and humidity.
Easy to apply, no fuss - definitely. It can't get easier than one step!
Flattering finish - big resounding yes!

I don't think it stays on 12 hours, perhaps more 8+ hours especially after setting it with translucent powder. Unfortunately products that contain silicones like this clog my skin and I end up with so many little bumps after awhile. Most probably my own issue though with not helping my skin turnover quick enough. I had no issue with it for 6 months though so it gives me hope! One tube lasted me 4-5 months but I purposely used it more sparingly seeings as the cost was quite high per mL. It's a winner for an easy day look and helps other makeup hold on as well.

People have been telling me I have been looking tired lately, probably because I've given this a rest for a little bit until I get on top of my congestion. Maybe time to go back so that people say nicer things hahaha.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff is excellent for oily skin. it was my favorite all last summer, but it's not so flattering on my dehydrated winter skin. can't wait to use it again this summer. offers pretty good coverage and feels weightless on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mnbengtson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried 4 other BB creams and none gave me the finish this one does. I use the tiniest little dab...it goes a long way. I had problems finding anything that would even my skin tone and keep my T zone from getting shiny. this does it really well. the best part is that you get a powdery matte finish without the look or feel of makeup. It leaves my skin really soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I set out on a search for a BB cream for upcoming spring and summer. I will admit I haven't jumped on the bandwagon before now. I did some research, read reviews and decided to get samples from Sephora of Tartes BB tinted treatment primer and Tartes BB tinted moisturizer. I tried both samples and decided that I absolutely love this tarte BB tinted treatment primer! It is so awesome for my oily and acne prone skin! It glides right on, feels a bit silky, blends in effortlessly, is build-able and has very good coverage for a primer/bb cream! The finish is so nice, not too matte, but not dewy either. It keeps my oil at bay all day, minimizes my pores and blurs my imperfections! I don't need to set this with a powder at all. To cover my hyper pigmentation on my cheeka I do apply two layers, but that is all I need to achieve the look I'm going for. I love that this has SPF 30, so that is a big plus for my summer time routine. This will be my go to "easy day" look and my summer time everyday routine make up. I love it! I can see how this might not work for people with dry skin though. In that case...I think you would love the tarte BB tinted moisturizer! It has light coverage, but is more dewy and hydrating than this one. Liked them both really, but this one is best suited for my skin type!