July 28, 2014 | 2074 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by xjayle

PROS: Good coverage (not full, but build-able), light whipped mousse texture, natural velvety finish. CONS: Tube can be difficult to squeeze (especially when running out of product), price is quite expensive but I think it's worth it! :) OVERALL: This is my holy grail BB cream. Don't even wanna try anything else because I feel like nothing could ever compete with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Regina0601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this stuff.!!!.. So amazing and lightweight. Feels like a whip when u apply. Does not cake up even when u build the coverage. I find it's flawlessly applied with a buffing brush such as the sigma F80 or real techniques brush. I just picked up my second tube yesterday. Will continue to purchase over and over

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by fadedgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty good, but it really shines up on me as the day wears on and I do not have oily skin. It has light-medium coverage on me. I really dislike the extremely small lid that it has, makes it a real PITA in the medicine cabinet; its always tipping over.

This is far better than the Dior BB cremes that I've tried lately, especially considering its price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Wowzers!!! This stuff is amazing. Talk about easily flawless. I discovered this when I was Hawaii and loved how I just had to put this one and I was ready to enjoy my holiday. I can't find Tarte in Australia so I had to order tubes from eBay (and of course pay more for the privilege).

I got Medium and a little goes a long way. I find that mixing it with my Moogoo moisturiser means it leaves a fresh and glowing finish where if I use it alone it looks a tad mask-like with my colouring. I have received so many compliments on how great my skin looks when I've thrown this on and rushed off to work. The face looks radiant! Imperfections seem to disappear and the ingredient list is free of most nasties. No irritations or big break outs associated with this product - thank goodness!!!

Waterproof - yes, it stayed on after the beach and through the Australian summer heat and humidity.
Easy to apply, no fuss - definitely. It can't get easier than one step!
Flattering finish - big resounding yes!

I don't think it stays on 12 hours, perhaps more 8+ hours especially after setting it with translucent powder. Unfortunately products that contain silicones like this clog my skin and I end up with so many little bumps after awhile. Most probably my own issue though with not helping my skin turnover quick enough. I had no issue with it for 6 months though so it gives me hope! One tube lasted me 4-5 months but I purposely used it more sparingly seeings as the cost was quite high per mL. It's a winner for an easy day look and helps other makeup hold on as well.

People have been telling me I have been looking tired lately, probably because I've given this a rest for a little bit until I get on top of my congestion. Maybe time to go back so that people say nicer things hahaha.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff is excellent for oily skin. it was my favorite all last summer, but it's not so flattering on my dehydrated winter skin. can't wait to use it again this summer. offers pretty good coverage and feels weightless on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mnbengtson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried 4 other BB creams and none gave me the finish this one does. I use the tiniest little dab...it goes a long way. I had problems finding anything that would even my skin tone and keep my T zone from getting shiny. this does it really well. the best part is that you get a powdery matte finish without the look or feel of makeup. It leaves my skin really soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I set out on a search for a BB cream for upcoming spring and summer. I will admit I haven't jumped on the bandwagon before now. I did some research, read reviews and decided to get samples from Sephora of Tartes BB tinted treatment primer and Tartes BB tinted moisturizer. I tried both samples and decided that I absolutely love this tarte BB tinted treatment primer! It is so awesome for my oily and acne prone skin! It glides right on, feels a bit silky, blends in effortlessly, is build-able and has very good coverage for a primer/bb cream! The finish is so nice, not too matte, but not dewy either. It keeps my oil at bay all day, minimizes my pores and blurs my imperfections! I don't need to set this with a powder at all. To cover my hyper pigmentation on my cheeka I do apply two layers, but that is all I need to achieve the look I'm going for. I love that this has SPF 30, so that is a big plus for my summer time routine. This will be my go to "easy day" look and my summer time everyday routine make up. I love it! I can see how this might not work for people with dry skin though. In that case...I think you would love the tarte BB tinted moisturizer! It has light coverage, but is more dewy and hydrating than this one. Liked them both really, but this one is best suited for my skin type!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging, but I wish this BB cream wouldn't wipe off so easily. It comes off if I accidentally touch my face or swipe my face with my sleeve. I have good skin and usually don't need more than tinted moisturizer (which I sometimes add more moisturizer to thin it out more), but this product gave my skin a weird texture. It made my skin feel like silicone, like a Barbie doll's legs. I'm not sure if this is something people aim for or not? I prefer to have my skin feel more natural. In the past I have used Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizers, and those products are much higher quality than this. I will continue to use this BB cream because I'm not picky and it doesn't break me out, but if you're someone who is more particular, you might not like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by syllacrostics

Pretty good. It feels nice on your skin after applied, not sticky or clammy feeling but almost powdery in a way. I actually bought it accidentally thinking it was the actual BB cream by the brand and not the primer. I was looking for something to help cover red marks from acne on my cheeks. It didn't do a lot to cover them, but did even out my skin tone.

I like that it doesn't feel to heavy on my face like a foundation would, but it doesn't really do anything amazing for me so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by bowie1995

I had such high hopes for this stuff but it let me down. I'll cover critical areas as a list.
Texture - Feels awesome in your fingers and when you touch your face, it will be soft. Color - Not so great, no shade fit me perfectly. Packaging - Not everyone likes squeeze tubes but I love them so. Staying power - Really good. I put it on, ran some errands, came home and took a 4-hour nap, and at the end of the day it was still there however, it didn't matter because it looked like crap anyways. See "Coverage". Smell - No smell whatsoever which is awesome. Coverage - It's definitely buildable. It covered my acne and rosacea pretty well although not fully. The biggest problem I had with this was the way it looked on my skin. It's very similar to my experience with the Amazonian Clay foundation in the brown tube. Really blotchy and just overall extremely drying. For the price, it is not worth it.