Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 3/27/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wanted a light coverage tinted moisturizer/bb cream with relatively high spf, so I ordered this for the first time from Tarte's website in the travel size in medium for $10. When I took off the protective seal for the tube, it just burst out everywhere wasting product and giving me a bit to clean up. After that mess, I dotted it around my face (already moisturized) and patted it in with my fingers--it felt very silky and nice during application and it left my face with a finish that didn't feel heavy or sticky. I personally like that it didn't completely cover blemishes or redness, but that's because I'm more into a natural look for the face. At first I thought it looked pretty nice, but that was before I got a little closer in the mirror.

To get the most out of that sun protection I figured I'd have to apply quite a bit, but even with what I thought was a light application it ended up looking cakey, showed off my pores, accentuated dry spots that I normally don't even see on my naked face or with other foundations, and settled into any kind of lines I had.. Definitely not something I would want to build on.

I really wanted to love this because of the spf and the way it felt, but I could only apply a *tiny* amount with a brush to areas that I was 100% sure weren't dry to any extent (thanks, combo skin), and at that point the spf doesn't even matter so I ultimately returned it.

on 3/25/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

EDIT:
After trying this out in a variety of different settings, I don't like it as much as I initially did.. Because the color selection is the equivalent of S!HT and the light is like more of a medium and thus is way too dark, and the fair is way too light.... when you wear this "bb tinted whatever its called" for more than 6ish hours (depends on the weather) it begins to cake up and because the color is not amazng but a "i can make it work with some extra bronzer" it just looks SO BAD after a while and your face ends up looking like a smeared/caked-on-oily pile of ash.

SOOOO, I'm changing my 4 star rating to a 3 star rating because it's 12 hour claim is a load of ...B....S.... :)

-----

Lets start by saying I have oily skin. This bb-tinted 12 hour primer has its fair share of pros and cons.

What I didnt like about this product is that the color selection sucks. Fair was too light and light was way too dark. And i'm not huge on buying 2 and mixing them together, I know some people don't mind doing this, but if I'm paying over 20$ for a foundation/tinted moisturizer, I expect a better color selection.

The second thing I didn't like about it is that It is so overpriced for how much product you get, i mean at about 62$ Canadian with tax... no, its not worth it. It comes in a plastic tube for god sakes!!!

The third thing i didn't like is the feeling of the bb tinted moisturizer, it just feels so weird!! I hate the process of putting it on, it just feels too mousse-like. (Once it's on I don't really feel like I have anything on though)

The only huge pro about this product and is the only reason that I'd probably re-purchase if I don't find anything better, is its lasting power. I haven't tested it out for 12 hours, but its the only product that I don't look greasy within 3 hours. I don't wear a primer underneath or put on a setting spray because in my opinion, for every day, that's just way too many steps.

Also, I have no idea what people are talking about and how it doesn't have enough coverage.....I think this has plenty of coverage and sometimes too much. I never wear concealer with this. As a side note, I don't have blemishes and very rarely get blemishes, I suffer from those damn 'underneath the skin skin-colored pimples' or whatever they're called.

I use this product just to even out my skin tone (I don't have good skin in that regard, I look so sick and have yet to find something that will help with that) and the product accomplishes this well and usually for as long as I want it to on my beloved, dearest oily skin.

For reference, I hated the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (even the oil-free version) not enough coverage/evening out my skin tone and what they claim as oil free is a joke, I was greasy upon application.
Bobbi Brown bb cream is good in my books
smashbox bb & cc, peter thomas roth cc, dior bb are all ok
shiseido tinted moisturizer..lets not even talk about it (aka worst product ever...don't buy it)

I will only repurchase if I don't find anything better, to my oillies out there, please message me if you have suggestions!

on 3/23/2015 5:17:00 PM

I've read lots of good reviews before buying this product in fair shade. When I've tested it on my wrist and a part of my face in store, it felt and looked very nice and smooth. My skin is quite dry and I can tell, that this product does not suit dry skin well. I like to wear bb or cc creams alone, not applying moisturizer or bearing just a little. With this product you definitely need to apply lots. alone it feels dry and somewhat chalky, and it really emphasises dry patches. My skin is fair (with slight "seasonal" tan). Blonde hair. So, I've noticed that this product has a yellowish tint to it. It sort of washes my look away (comparing to other bb creams in the same lightest shade). Makes me look unhealthy. Another problem I've noticed is that it has the same effect as some of hd setting powder have. Beware when you have your picture taken with flash, it really brightens you up, making you look like a ghost. And god help you, if the application is uneven! will make your look a total disaster on the picture, showing white patches on your face. I wonder if it's only the problem for a fair shade.
I kinda stopped using it, or using it's a bit to achieve matt look (it's very matt). I'll try to use it again when I'll need lightweight bb cream for hot days, just to see if it might still somehow work for me and not to be complete waste of money.

on 3/22/2015 12:20:00 PM

This is an excellent product to wear by itself or under foundation. I use fair, and the slight yellow tones even out all the redness in my skin and blurs the appearance of pores. I also love the silky texture and the fact that it has SPF 30. This is my go to in the summer, for light coverage.

on 3/18/2015 4:15:00 PM

Have you ever found a really good foundation for you, but you still continue to hunt for the product of your dreams? My oily, sensitive skin has been doing well with two CG foundations, but for some reason, I can't leave well enough alone. I bought this because it got good reviews for oily skin. I watched a few YT videos, and it seemed like I could get away with Light, because I wanted to try the travel size, .5 oz., for $10. Is it me or is it strange that twice as much product, 1 oz., costs $35? Anyway, the Light is much too dark and orange for my N/NW10-15 skin. Bummer, but I could have worked with that if I liked it. So I'll start with the strange thing that happened after I took the little foil seal off. I did it with the cap facing up, so as not to dispense too much product, yet it started spewing all over like an angry volcano. Trying to squeeze it back into the tube like toothpaste made it worse. Then, the application, which was difficult since I had to hold the tube with one hand. I used my fingers, per most suggestions, and it started out okay. But it didn't really blend. It kind of sat on top of my skin. I'm not one to rub my skin too hard, since that makes it red and irritated, so I used a beautyblender. That helped a little bit, but it was stuck to the hairs in my eyebrows, accentuated my pores, and highlighted any drop of dryness. It took 3 tries to get it to cover my nose, but after using setting powder (also recommended) my nose had a weird cakey, powdery cast to it. Within less than an hour, the sides of my nose and the skin between my eyebrows required blotting paper. Twice.

on 3/18/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

EEEW!!!!! This stuff SUX!

This felt so great when I tried it on my hands...then I put it on my face and... it highlighted every pore and clung mercilessly to my dry patches.

This is in no way formulated for those with dry skin. Run far away from this product, its terrible.

on 3/15/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This works really well on my oily skin. BUT it does emphasize dry patches. I have some dry patches on my chin, and it does not look good. However, this BB cream keeps me matte for about 6 hours! Which is amazing. I love using this alone and not as a primer because it can make foundations look cakey. Also it's better to use a light hand because a lot of product can bunch up and look cakey. You have to set with a powder or else it will settle in fine lines.

Pros:
A little goes a long way
Great oil control (6+hours)

Cons:
Emphasizes dry patches (not for dry skin :/)
Very small color selection
Can settle in fine lines (need to powder to set)
Can make foundations look cakey (should not be used as a primer)
Price $$$ (but travel size is about $10, which is worth trying)

Overall, I think it is a nice BB cream to have. I have two of the travel sizes,I think it's nice to keep in my purse for emergency touch ups.

on 3/12/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am on the fence with that product, it cvers nicely, but there is lots of silicone in it, making the application slippery, feels like it is sitting on top of my skin..I had a mini size, but won't purchase the bigger one..it feels nice and the spf is great, but not crazy about the texture..coverage though is nice...

on 3/11/2015 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this product when I was first experimenting with makeup. I didn't want to commit to using foundation because I didn't feel I really needed that much coverage on my skin. When I tried this out it was amazing. It is pretty much my go to bb cream because it gives great coverage. The only thing I didn't necessarily like about this product is that there are only like 4 shades so it can be hard to find the exact shade I want, but overall I really like this bb cream.

on 3/9/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product from the "impulse" displays near the Ulta cashiers just a few days ago and have used it only twice. Once by itself and once over another primer. I found it to be thick and dry. It emphasized the dry patches on my face on the cheeks and forehead. It looked dry and chalky whether I used it with or without a primer under it and had absolutely no glow to it.

But the biggest turnoff to me was that once again the Fair turned quite yellow on my fair skin!

So, even though it's just a small size, I will be returning it.