April 19, 2014 | 1099 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by gillian1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the product. This is hands down the best BB cream I have used. I find that it makes my skin look flawless - minimizes pores, gives me a smooth, porcelain finish. This and a light dusting of powder is all I need. I love how it does not make me an oily mess like others I have tried. The light color blends perfectly to my skin. I have combination skin, large pores, a few acne scars for reference. Nothing I have used has ever made my skin look so perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by vluna1084

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first bb cream I ever tried was the maybelline one that was all the rage..it was terrible as it left me with no coverage and super oily throughout the day. I started doing research on bb creams and this one seemed to be one of the top choices. I figured it was good since it was always sold out in my shade at my local ulta.

Price- The price is significantly more than drugstore brands but it' s totally worth it. You don't have to use too much so the tube will last you a few months

Packaging- it comes in a white tube which isn't my fave. The tube is white so after a few uses it may get stained and start looking pretty dirty. I would suggest cutting off the top and picking out the leftover product with a q-tip once you can't squeeze out anymore product.

Coverage- this is great for a light to slightly medium coverage. I a full coverage type of girl and dont mind doing full face foundation during the week. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the coverage I got from this. It evened out my skin tone fairly well..I have really dark under eye circles and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation. Considering that this isn't a foundation it has good coverage for a bb cream. It also smoothed out my skin and minimized my poors. It also left my skin feeling pretty silky and slightly moisturized. Keepin mind, I have combo/oily skin. Just be careful mot to put on too much product because then it looks streaky and uneven. It does have sof as well which is always good.

Routine- I will use this in one of two routines 1- I use my ambi dark spot correcting cream on my dark spots and let it dry. Then I'll apply the tarte bb cream and let dry. I follow it with a few small light dabs of the the hard candy glamouflage concealer and then top it off with my studio fix powder. This provides what I feel to be full coberage without needing to use liquid foundation. I may need to blot 2-3 times during the day but never retouch. This is my everyday look.
The second routine is more for when I'm on the run and don't need full coverage but I don't want to leave the house without ANYTHING on. Lol. This is my on the go I need to run errands sat morning routine. I just moisturize and let dry then apply the bb cream. I top it off with my powder and go. This is more medium coverage but works well.

The biggest misconception is that people think this IS a primer. It just supposedly has a built in primer. I dont suggest it for that. In fact, although it didn't leave me as oily as the maybelline bb cream if used alone you will still get shine.you need to set this with a powder. All in all I really did like this product.I am already on my second purchase and will be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by wendy1021

I love this bb cream. I have oily skin and I use this everyday. I use it as a foundation and top it off with nyx stay matte not flat powder. I do not get oily with this combo. love this!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I will put it this way, if you have clear smooth skin and need some coverage/protection, this is great.

This is definitely more of a primer vs. a BB. I wear this then top it off with some powder foundation for more coverage. It's good to get rid of some redness, but I don't find this to fill in my pores at all. It actually makes them more noticeable.

The thing I like the most about this would be the light feel and ease of application. That's mostly it but I won't be repurchasing this again. There are definitely better primers and BB creams out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by aaaq8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have super oily, fair, neutral skin. I use this in Fair. I do wish they had more shades of this, as the fair is almost too light for my skin, but the next shade down is significantly darker. My face is mostly clear, but has some redness and discoloration, so I use this as a BB cream rather than just a primer. If I moisturize, spray with Urban Decay de-slick setting spray, apply this, set with Tarte Smoother Operator setting powder, and then spray the de-slick again, my face will stay matte for a LONG time (over 8 hours) without looking like I'm wearing any makeup. That is really the best results I've been able to get, because I have extremely oily skin year-round. If I use this without setting spray or powder I will stay matte for about 4 hours, which is also pretty good for me. I also appreciate that it has SPF because I hate wearing suncreen.

It's expensive, but you really don't have to use much of this product. In fact, it will start to look bad if you do. If you need medium coverage this isn't going to work as a BB cream for you, because the product is not very buildable. It seems too expensive to use as just a primer, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by prettydarncute

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this product with another product I purchased and didn't even use it for a couple of months. Was a surprise it was. With it being tinted i use less of my foundation. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This could be an HG product for me, IF ONLY it didn't break me out. I have extremely acne-prone skin and it only takes a few uses for me to break out from a new product. I've had very good skin lately (which is a huge win for me since I battle with raging hormonal acne) so I was disappointed when after only 2 days of wear, this stuff caused 4 large cystic acne spots on my face.

Other than the breakout issue, the reason this could be HG for me is that it makes my foundation last all day and keeps me looking fresh & natural. I normally blot about 3x/day, but when I wear this, I barely have to blot 1x. It gives a very natural finish to the skin, like I'm not really wearing foundation. It also made my blush stay on extremely well which is a hard job for any of my other primers to do.

I got the color Light and surprisingly, it's too dark. I'm about NC25 right now and this was about an NC30 color. The Fair shade looked a bit too pink/light so unfortunately I just had to live with it for the few days I wore it.

So sad I'll have to return it, but I can't sacrifice relatively good skin for a primer. I'll go back to my Loreal miracle blur or Revlon PR primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by corabain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This primer much too thick, and is not a great product for the price. Not enough range of colours, not worth it at all.

Tarte has a better product, which is only $1 or $2 more expensive depending where you live, the Amazonian clay BB tinted moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen. If you are deciding between the two, don't get the primer! The tinted moisturizer is fantastic and smooth and soft, so, stay away from the primer. They do the same job.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by LovelyLisXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an OK product. They need to have a wider range of shades. I am a neutral medium skin tone and the "medium" shade is too dark but it was the closest I could get. In the sephora lighting it looked right and summer was approaching so I convinced myself a nice tan would help it match my skin tone better.
I now only use it occasionally, when I want it to look like I went tanning or just got back from vacation.
The packaging could be better. Every time I squeeze the tube, way too much product squirts out. It's a waste.
The application goes on very smoothly and leaves your skin feeling really soft. However, the formula is just too thick and heavy for me.
This is not the product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lizzybnyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this over the summer, but waited on writing a review to see how this would work on winter skin. Enthusiastic two thumbs up. I have oily, sensitive skin-- to the point where I can't wear moisturizer during the day for most of the year, and I don't go anywhere without blotting paper. One of my main problems during the summer, naturally, is keeping makeup on my face without running to the ladies' room every hour AND how to keep my face protected with SPF without it becoming a greasy mess. So, this stuff has become my holy grail-- I used it during the summer as a light-coverage foundation, with just a bit of the finishing powder on top, and it gave me a nice, matte, even complexion. with SPF to boot! I do agree that it's a little dark- I bought the "light" which was OK for the summer, but I find it a little too dark on my paler winter skin.
Now, for the fall/winter: my cheeks *do* dry out a bit as the weather changes, and I also apply retin-a to my face a few times a week. The only change I've made in the past few months is to add a tiny bit of either moisturizer, OR the illuminating primer below this. I've continued to wear the BB cream as my foundation, with a bit of concealer wherever needed. I've noticed that it does a good job of concealing pores, and I think the texture of my skin has improved from using it.
Downside, like with many products, is the tube. Since it's expensive, I wanted to get all of it out of the tube, and the only way to really do that I've found is to cut the tube in half and use a Q-tip to get the remaining cream out. There's actually quite a lot remaining-- I got another week or more of use by doing this. You can nestle one of the ends inside the other-- though not the best, and a little messy, it works.