Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this BB cream. The texture is incredibly smooth, and when you put it on your skin it really blends in. Usually it's super obvious to me when someone has foundation on.
It's very light and doesn't have very high coverage but it's the perfect amount for me.
I don't wear it every day, but when I do, my skin feels softer and clearer at the end of the day when I take it off.
I use it on its own and I just apply it with my fingers.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this. First off, I have to say that I love how Tarte is all-natural, cruelty free, and has some products that are also vegan.

I have this product in the shade "light" for my NC25 skin, and I find that it is the perfect fit.

I love using this BB cream on days where I just want a sheer and natural look - whether on a roadtrip or at the beach. I use a beautyblending sponge and it works wonderfully. I find that this BB cream gives amazing sunscreen coverage and it stays put on my face even after a swim.

What I find gimmicky is the claim that "diamond particles" are in this BB cream. I mean... what magical properties do diamond particles have? It does nothing to human skin and it sounds more like a gimmick than anything. This BB cream isn't even sparkly or shimmery, just matte and sheer.
Also, don't use this "BB cream primer" as a primer (that's probably another gimmick) and I can imagine the colours of a foundation and this product mixing together to make an uneven looking face. Just use this product as a facial sunscreen / BB cream.

This primer was way too cakey. Even with a thin layer it shows every pore and dry spot. After a week of trying to make it work, my cheeks broke out. The color selection is also very poor, as most shades tend to lean on the orange side.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite BB/foundation product that I have ever had. I wish that it lasted a little longer but overall I really like it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wrote an earlier review of this but trashed it because it didn't feel relevant anymore. It occurred to me that over the past three or four years, Iíve tried umpteen numbers of foundation primers.

High end, low end, you name it.

Incomplete list, sort of in order of how I remember purchase order (and definitely forgetting some):

-SmashBox Photo Finish (Iconic version)
-SmashBox Photo Finish (Hydrating blue version)
-SmashBox Photo Finish (Color correcting version in green)
-Glo Minerals Primer (basically a dupe for SmashBox)
-LíOreal Magic Perfecting Base
-Laura Mercier Moisturizing Primer (if thereís more than one version, no idea which one)
-Givenchy Mister Smooth
-Revlon Healthy Skin Primer
-Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel
-Hourglass Mineral Veil
-E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer
-Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer
-Dr. Jart BB Cream (not a primer per se but throwing that one in here)
-Benefitís POREFessional
-TheBalm Time Balm
-Too Faced Primed and Poreless
-NYX Pore Filler
-Revlon Photoready Prime and Anti-Shine Balm
-Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer 002
-MAC moisturizing primer (not sure of official name ó sampled only)
-Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer (THIS STUFF!)

If thatís not a lot of primers, I donít know what is!

In any case, I feel like I have a pretty good sense of the options out there. My skin type is basically pretty normal (not perfect, but itís neither especially dry nor oily and I donít have combination skin either). It has a tendency to become dehydrated (which I've found is best tackled with moisturizer and not say, a moisturizing primer) and I have a pinch of rosacea, but that doesnít really affect me in any significant way other than I have pink-undertones.

Foundation primers are kind of a weird product category for me because theyíre basically not at all essential on one level, and yet I donít really feel properly put together without one (not super fussy in general though). Also, most of them donít really do all that much, but they do enough that apparently I see the value in using one, while not being utterly thrilled with any one particular one.

I still donít have a holy grail in this category, but the Tarte BB Tinted Primer is about the best Iíve used at this point and may yet achieve that status. Iíve been using it for about two or three weeks now and am pretty delighted with it. It promises to do a lot and it actually fulfills those promises...for me.

PROS:

-Provides light tinted coverage (the BB cream part) and for many people, it's enough coverage, although I prefer to use it under foundation.
-Mattifying (good for countering the shine of my high-SPF sunscreen)
-Blurs imperfections and pores.
-Has built-in 30 SPF, although itís highly unlikely that you'll use enough product to go without a standalone sunscreen ó itís just extra insurance.
-Makes my skin feel soft and smooth.
-Seems to extend the longevity of my makeup, although this is always the hardest thing to evaluate objectively.
-Bulletproof to apply (just need a pea-sized dollop and it's easily applied by hand) and an all-around pleasure to use.
-Mutes (but doesnít altogether diminish) the natural pink-tones in my skin.
-Works great under all of the foundations Iíve tried so far.

Cons:

-There are only five shades. However, it's a fairly translucent product so I don't know how much of an issue that is, especially for people with fairer or darker skin than mine (I'm definitely on the very fair side and the lightest shade works well for me).
-It does a lot of things well (especially for my skin type) but may not do certain things *well enough* for skin types that need more of...something...from their primer.

Highly recommend at least trying a sample (it's carried at Sephora and they can make one for you if you ask). That's how I ended up loving it and purchasing a full-sized version.

FYI, I came across it in the first place by plugging in the ingredients for Hourglass Mineral Veil into Google to see if it would come up with a dupe. This isn't a dupe, strictly-speaking, but they do have similar ingredients. I like this stuff MUCH better and it's also a better value, ounce-for-ounce. Not cheap though.

This is my holy grail BB cream! It balances out redness in my face and I haven't noticed the dryness or fine-lines that other people have. I apply with a dense kabuki type brush and blend well. I always use a setting powder (I have a very oily t-zone and I like a matte finish) but don't feel the need to with this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, I love this stuff more than I thought I would. For the past couple years I've worn nothing but powder (Neutrogena powder at that) on my face. I had done away with any liquid foundation or anything like it because I felt it always turned out too heavy for my liking no matter what brand I used. I have acne-prone and (very) oily skin, and powder alone made my face a complete oil spill within like 2 hours every single time I wore it, but I was too lazy to go out and try something new. Well I decided it's time to find something better now that the warmer months are coming up, so I bought this hoping it wouldn't be too heavy or make me oily. This BB cream does WONDERS. I can wear it all day alone on my skin and I don't get half as oily as I did with powder in 2 hours. Plus it gives me just enough coverage for my light acne and doesn't feel heavy at all. Doesn't slip off my face, doesn't get messy or gross. Looks almost as good after an 8 hour shift at my job than when I first applied it. Seriously worth the price and I'm glad I decided to try something new.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought a travel size one at Sephora and man, I wished I got the full size one! The product is very liquid-y and light. Although coverage is meh, but this is meant to be light, so I used my liquid foundation as my concealer, and set everything with Laneige sun powder.

Although I have asian skin tone, I bought the light shade ( I forgot to check the shade, as it was an impulse buy along the Sephora cashiers) but it turns out surprisingly well. However, it seems to oxidise, giving a darker shade towards midday, which is a tad disappointing.

Colours are buildable and blurs out the pores. Will definitely buy this again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wear this at least 5 days a week for school. I'm in the shade fair and it's a perfect color match for me, which is pretty rare because I'm so pale. It gives medium coverage for redness and you don't need to use a lot of product. I've had my tube since mid February and I have a good amount left. The SPF 30 in this stuff is absolutely amazing and makes it perfect for an everyday product. I only wish it was a bit less expensive.. 36, tarte?! Really? I think at the checkout at Sephora there are "travel" sized bottles for around $10, but only in two of the shades. :( I've been looking for a dupe for this but since I can't really find anything, I'll continue to purchase this because it's perfect and has lasted me 3 months so far with a good amount (about 1/2) left. Luckily I still have gift cards from the holidays.

I really like this, i love the spf factor and I like that the coverage is nice but light and blurs imperfections like a primer and keeps blush on nice