December 21, 2014 | 947 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for quite a few months now and I love it! It covers better than any foundation I've tried... it applies beautifully and like silk... I use fair as I'm light but I am NW20 for reference... For a BB cream, the color range is good and best of all, SPF 30. I'm on my second tube and will continue to repurchase....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by aquariusrizing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff. Got a sample in some other tarte products, and fell in love w/the texture- I am very tan right now, and just ordered both the medium and tan, with brushes, which are on special at qvc right now. I did set it with a little light mineral powder (not much!) but I think I've found my foundation for the summer, and hopefully beyond. It is very light weight, but I went back over a couple of 'those' places on my face, with my fingers, and it held through two nights of all out dancing and being up all night. I have combo skin, sensitive, and love the way this wears- I'm not sure about the 12 hour claim, but can attest to the durability of this during high humidity, high temps., and vigorous exercise. Bravo, tarte.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by callyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product, but it did absolutely nothing for me. In fact it gave me probably the worst breakout I've ever experienced. I wore it as a primer under my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. I have some acne scarring as well as some redness on my face. When first applied and combined with the foundation, my skin looked absolutely flawless. However, only a few hours later, my face was like an oil slick. About two weeks into using this product my skin started breaking out everywhere, which is very unusual for me. I discontinued using it and returned it to Sephora. Two weeks later, I'm still trying to get my skin back to normal. On reflection, maybe it was too heavy for my skin as I was wearing it under full coverage foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Monicapli

I keep coming back to this product because it works so well with my skin. Im oily in my t zone and dry in the cheeks. Ive got black heads and a few acne scars. To apply, I use my fingers to blend, concentrating most of the product around my t zone and blending out using less on my cheeks. It evens out my skin tone and texture without feeling heavy and erases my pores. I do have to put concealer on my under eye circles and severe blemishes, otherwise I would wear this product by its self. I only wish it came in a pump because I get it all over the cap!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Minirockss

Just being honest here, but this is by far the worst face makeup I have ever used! I had really high hopes for this, because it supposedly provides coverage + SPF 30 + natural safe ingredients + lightweight + does not make face look oily. A lot of reviews out there claim it's awesome for daily wear and what-not. This sounded like the perfect product, until I used a sample and looked + felt TERRIBLE.

I have combination skin, and it's easy for me to end up with a really shiny nose and forehead. When I first put this tinted treatment on, my face looked matte and stayed matte for about four hours. I was very impressed, because my face had absolute zero shine. Plus, the coverage was actually really good! BUT after four hours, my face felt SUPER dry and uncomfortable. My face NEVER felt dry in the past, it's only oily. I looked in the mirror, and my face was like a huge grease ball. FEELING REALLY DRY AND LOOKING REALLY OILY. HORRIBLE. I washed it off right away, because my face really couldn't stand it. Also, I really dislike face makeup with little sparkle/glitter particles that can be seen with the bare eye. This product does contain small shining particles, because after I used my fingers to apply it, they were covered in glitter!

I got this in the light shade and it was a little on the pink side, but that's not a huge problem compared to the aforementioned turn-offs.

All in all, I personally won't recommend this product to anyone, because it will seriously dry out your skin. Since I have oily skin and it just made it worse, I don't see how this can work on dry skin either. Maybe it works for normal skin? Not sure...But, there does seem to be a lot of positive reviews, so check out what some others say. Anyways, this is solely my own opinion, and we all have differing skin affected by various other factors.

Summary:

Pros: Good coverage, SPF 30, natural ingredients

Cons: Dries out skin WAY TOO MUCH (and enhanced oil patches), cannot find perfect shade, there are sparkles/glitter in the product, not very long-lasting

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Bad Bad bad for my dehydrated/oily acne prone skin
Ing list is short and cant see what irritated my skin so much (maybe the stearic acid?)
I found it to be dry/caky and sat on top of my skin
Also by end of the first day I had tons of blackheads on my t-zone...returned asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by LaurenMA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I bought this BB crean on a whim on my last trip to Sephora a little over a month ago. I don't usually buy anything without throughly researching first but I was feeling spontaneous and I'm so glad I ended up buying it!

This BB primer has a really soft, silky feel when applying that I really like. I usually put a small blob on the back of my hand so the warmth of my skin can help warm it up, I then dot it all over my face and use a damp beauty blender sponge to blend it in. The damp BB sponge sheers it out a little which is sometimes what I want but I do occasionally apply it by stippling with my fingers if I want more coverage. It really has amazing coverage for a BB cream in my opinion, I can almost wear out with just concealer. I would say it is almost like a light weight foundation in terms of coverage and it is definitely buildable, though I wouldn't try to put it past two layers. I have found that it can be drying if you have really dry skin or flaky healing blemishes but as long as your properly exfoliate, tone, and use a good moisturizer prior to application, it's fine. It is quite long lasting, it does become slightly dewy on my combo skin midway through the day but it just looks even more natural and not at all gross or greasy.

I sometimes use it under my foundation but I have found that it does not play well with Laura Mercier Silk Creme or it's cousin Tarte's 12hr Amazonian Clay foundation. Both of these foundations are very similar in texture so I can understand why neither of them work with it. When worn under those foundations it tends to create blotchiness as the day wears on, at least on me, and with LMSC if you try to touch up your makeup wherever you try to blend begins to pill up and flake off. It works ok under Urban Decay Naked skin but for the most part I still prefer to use Too Faced Primed and Poreless under my foundations.

I LOVE this BB cream on it's own. It does a great job at evening out any slight variations in skin tone and really blurs my acne scarring and tones down redness, it won't cover really dark marks or scars but that's what concealer is for. I have light golden-olive skin that really likes to hold on to acne scars for dear life and Tarte's tinted BB primer really makes me feel ok about not wearing a full face of makeup to run a quick errand. It looks very natural and feels weightless, it is going to be a staple in my summer makeup bag for sure!

I bought it in Light and though it may be a little too light for me when I am very tan in the summer, it works well for my current NC20ish skin and is forgiving enough that I feel that I will be able to make it work in this shade for a while before having to buy the next darkest one, which I am afraid may not be a the best undertone match for me.

I even got my mom to try it who is in her early 50s and she has taken a liking to it as well, I just ordered one for her! She doesn't wear a lot of makeup but she has been using Bobby Brown BB cream that she said that was too drying on her skin, she feels that this is silkier and not as drying as her Bobby Brown BB.

If you are looking for a semi-matte BB cream with great coverage, give it a try!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by DARBSI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this and have ran out and purchased this again and again. For me the medium shade is perfect. I didn't like the primer feel at first but it grew on me and the winning element to this is that it stays on all day for me. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin but normal to oily would work great. I gave my mom a sample of this and now she is hooked. The best bb cream for me so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Ok all my dry skin girls stay away if your skin does not agree with silicone i tried this because i thought it was good but it wasn't at all first it is very soft when applied that silicone feel and then the more i blended it out i seen little flakes and ball ups ..i was like oh no mam this is not working for me but of course i wasn't going to waste it all because i got this instead of laura geller kit which i was already upset with myself but it does not help your foundation last at all i see the same wear time everyday at work no difference :/ ughhhhh i feel like the real housewives of orange county where they go skiing and vicky is made at the lady and she screams "IM SO MAD!!" And it echoes all over the world any-who right now its hot maybe in the summertime when i get all sweaty(sorry i know thats gross but we all know when summer hits so does the sweat)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

LOVE THIS!
May be deceiving because it's called a 'primer', but it's not - it's a legit BB Cream!

I wanted something with a medium coverage that could cover normal hormonal redness and acne/acne scars, that had SPF protection, and something that does not have a 'sheen' to it (as most BB Creams do), and the Sephora Assoc. recommended this. I wanted a shade darker since I'm going to Mexico so I purchased it in Medium (I'm NC30 or MUFE Mat Velvet Plus #40)

Consistency - Thick(er) cream that spreads easily with fingers. It's thicker than a liquid foundation, so I would say it most resembles a cream foundation.

Application - I used my fingers to spread it on my face, then dabbed the product into the skin. This method worked as it covered my redness/acne/scars, without leaving fingermarks/streaks. I think a brush would work even better.

Color - Yellow undertone. It's a bit tanned for me, but once I get a tan in the summer then it will be the perfect shade.

Finish - Between a natural finish & a matte finish. Not completely matte because I still had a slight sheen coming through from my skin, but by no means would it be a 'glowly' or 'dewy' look. Can easily become matte by adding a thin layer of powder.

Longevity - I only wore it for 4 hours, but it lasted wonderfully. I did not have to powder or reapply, nor did I notice any fading on oilier areas of my face (ie. chin, t-zone). Primer and powder would prolong the wear of this even more.

Coverage - AT LEAST a medium coverage. Easily buildable, but I think 2 layers and more will get cakey and thick. I barely needed a dime size amount for my entire face.

Packaging - Basic squeeze tube. Hygienic, efficient and travel friendly.

Price - A bit costly since it is only a BB Cream. BUT, since it's so high in coverage and little goes a long way, it's worth it and you will get your moneys worth.

Seeing how well it covers, its longevity, application & finish of it, I could wear this as a foundation. If I did not have my HG foundation already, I would definitely buy this and use it as my sole foundation since it works well to be!
I will definitely repurchase this!