November 27, 2014 | 1000 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is comparable to Clinique's Chubby Lib Balm but needs to be more moisturizing. I love the color pay-off and bought it in Pink Possibilities.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

I was really excited for these during its initial release since they were all over Youtube and sadly, I fell for the hype. I chose Pink Possibilities and Who wore it red-er for my NC30 skintone. Description from Maybelline's website, "Pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel. No heavy waxes or oils. Soft, sexy gel-color." Even though the red is more opaque than the pink, the formula is still too sheer for my liking. These last around two hours and definitely not through a meal. I need to wear a lip balm (blistex in the blue tube) under or else my lips get flakey, it's not moisturizing enough on its own. I paid $8 CAD at Walmart, for 0.11oz / 3g. These were in my abandoned makeup drawer, just took them out today so I can try to use it a few more times. But I will not repurchase. The only thing I like is the sleek packaging. Overall, I prefer Revlon's lip butters (usually on sale for $4 at Shoppers Drug Mart / Superstore.)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by MamieVanDoren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was actually quite disappointed in these lipsticks. I have two; Petal rebel and Coral ambition. The color looks really nice in the packaging but once I applied it on, there was really not much pigment. Lipsticks are quite sheer (to sheer for me) and they look more like a tinted lip balm. If you're looking for just a little bit of color on your lip then you'd like these.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Absolutely love this product ! It's the perfect mix of a lip balm with colour payoff! I have it in who wore it red-er, pink possibilities, one size fits peral and orange attitude and I love all of them. Very moisturising and gives a nice colour to the lips! It is a little pricy in Australia so I only get them when it's sale like $10 each which is still pretty pricey for a lip balm with colour but I love the colour range because I don't like wearing lipstick as its too drying for my lips

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Kitten27

I have this in Made it Mauve and Pin Up Peach and I really enjoy them both. They're lightweight and don't feel like the typical lipstick. It feels like lip balm on the lips but with great color pay off. It doesn't look opaque to me like lipsticks, but it deposits a good amount of color that you can tell I'm wearing something. It also has a bit of shine.

Made It Mauve is a good everyday color; it's like my natural lip color but better. Pin Up Peach would be great for spring and summer, it's pinker but not too light of a pink that it looks weird on medium skintones.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by luckymomme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this color whisper formula. It feels good and doesn't have an annoying smell or taste. I have 80-Made-It-Mauve and it's a nice color. Next one I get will probably be darker, if there is a darker shade. They are not longwearing, but reapplying is no big deal. They are nice for in a winter coat pocket, so you can reapply without a mirror, as excess wipes off easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

This product is a little over-hyped. It is definitely sheerer and lighter than the Revlon Color Bursts. A lot of the colors are similar. I bought Made-it-Mauve and Berry Ready, which are both very beautiful colors. Both colors come across opaque after a few swipes. I actually prefer these over the Revlon Color Bursts. Great for throughout the day for a lip balm with some color. They are not long lasting at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are some of my favorite drugstore lip products. They're medium coverage but are very smooth looking. They almost have a milky look to them. I've seen a lot of review comparing them to Revlon Lip Butters, but they are different. They are both really moisturizing, but the Revlon ones are more opaque like a traditional lipstick.

These are great for when you just want a little bit of color on the lips. I wear these when I don't have enough time for a full face of makeup but want to look somewhat put together. The lilac shade is really pretty for pale skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love that this does not have sparkle/glitter/frost, which is hard to find in any lip color. On the other hand, it just doesn't have enough pigment. The amount of color is barely more than a tinted lip balm. I bought Coral Ambition, thinking it would be a subtle coral (as the name suggests), but it just looks pink on me. (I may try Orange Attitude, even though it appears to be a very bright orange.) This mixes well with a light brush of regular lipstick on top, but my goal is to find a sheer lip color that has enough pigment to be worn on its own. If most lipstick is "Color Scream" and this is "Color Whisper," I wish someone would make "Color Normal Conversational Tone."

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by andreaxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best lip products i have ever used. You dont need a lip balm underneeth. You can deffenetly build this up to your desiered colour and the one that i have smells like fruit loops!